Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-27-2012, 12:48 AM #1
A5Antonio

A5Antonio has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
A5Antonio has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Tippmann TPX Help Needed

Hello everyone.

I recently got a TPX for Christmas, yay, and just wanted to know if I should use the 12 gram CO2, or get a remote line. I know you have to drill holes and stuff, but was. Curious if buying the remote kit, and I was thinking a 4 oz co2 tank was better than buying the 12 g over and over again. I do have a remote line, cobra coil, and a ninja tank. I was just curious in which would be better, and you guys's thought and opinion were. Thanks Nation.
A5Antonio
(")_(")
A5Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2012, 02:06 AM #2
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VI
Rubbr Chickin supports Empire
You literally only drill one hole. On the left side of your marker, near the airline, there is a slight bulge with an indent. You only drill out that little circle. Thats it.

A remote line kit is well worth it. You can still use 12g CO2 with the kit fine. Youll need to buy a regular remote or a separate CC nipple though.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:14 AM #3
A5Antonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbr Chickin View Post
You literally only drill one hole. On the left side of your marker, near the airline, there is a slight bulge with an indent. You only drill out that little circle. Thats it.

A remote line kit is well worth it. You can still use 12g CO2 with the kit fine. Youll need to buy a regular remote or a separate CC nipple though.
Why won't my cobra coil work?I have a low budget and I'm trying not to spend much.all the remote lines ends look the same. I don't understand what you mean. Could you maybe provide a link to the CC Nipple or "regular" remote?
(")_(")

Last edited by A5Antonio : 12-27-2012 at 03:19 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:44 PM #4
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

A Cobra Coil has a PC3 fitting, which is sharper.

https://www.guerrillaair.com/members...ils.php?id=121

The TPX remote line kit uses a standard quick disconnect fitting.

Since the nipples are different, your Cobra Coil wont work on it unless it has a Cobra Coil nipple.

I added a link under the CC nipple. Its on GAs website, and its a little less than $9. It has an ASA adapter on it, but the nipple will screw right out no problem with a wrench and some pliers. Then, when/ if you get a remote adapter kit, you can just unscrew the nipple from that, add the little valve in the nipple and screw it on.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:31 AM #5
A5Antonio

Quote:
A Cobra Coil has a PC3 fitting, which is sharper.

https://www.guerrillaair.com/members...ils.php?id=121

The TPX remote line kit uses a standard quick disconnect fitting.

Since the nipples are different, your Cobra Coil wont work on it unless it has a Cobra Coil nipple.

I added a link under the CC nipple. Its on GAs website, and its a little less than $9. It has an ASA adapter on it, but the nipple will screw right out no problem with a wrench and some pliers. Then, when/ if you get a remote adapter kit, you can just unscrew the nipple from that, add the little valve in the nipple and screw it on.
Alrighty man, thanks for the help i really appreciate it. Helps a lot. i think i may just stay with the 12 gram. dont want to spend too much money as i am on a budget. $9 is a lot for me. THanks guys
(")_(")
Old 12-28-2012, 03:27 AM #6
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5Antonio View Post
Alrighty man, thanks for the help i really appreciate it. Helps a lot. i think i may just stay with the 12 gram. dont want to spend too much money as i am on a budget. $9 is a lot for me. THanks guys
Just remember a single 12g costs roughly $1. So you would have to buy roughly 36 12gs before a remote line kit and a new nipple would have been. Im not sure on GAs shipping but im pretty sure Hustle had them on eBay for $10 or so.

36 sounds like a lot, it all depends on how much you shoot. So if youre a budget baller who doesnt shoot a lot or only will use the TPX as a secondary, 12gs are the way to go (one 12g shoots around 20 balls). If youre like me where you will use your TPX as a primary, a remote line kit is the way to go.

Also, I usually mention this to all TPX newbies, but its to tether the CO2 cap to the gun using some fishing line. Changing 12gs on the TPX in battle can be tricky, and that little cap is the deciding factor on whether or not your TPX gets used that day. Plus, its like $18 to replace. Cheaper to buy a $4 roll of fishing line just to use 6" of it. This I say out of experience.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:34 AM #7
A5Antonio

Quote:

Just remember a single 12g costs roughly $1. So you would have to buy roughly 36 12gs before a remote line kit and a new nipple would have been. Im not sure on GAs shipping but im pretty sure Hustle had them on eBay for $10 or so.

36 sounds like a lot, it all depends on how much you shoot. So if youre a budget baller who doesnt shoot a lot or only will use the TPX as a secondary, 12gs are the way to go (one 12g shoots around 20 balls). If youre like me where you will use your TPX as a primary, a remote line kit is the way to go.

Also, I usually mention this to all TPX newbies, but its to tether the CO2 cap to the gun using some fishing line. Changing 12gs on the TPX in battle can be tricky, and that little cap is the deciding factor on whether or not your TPX gets used that day. Plus, its like $18 to replace. Cheaper to buy a $4 roll of fishing line just to use 6" of it. This I say out of experience.
Yea I will most likely use it as a secondary, I have an HE egrip a5 and will be using that more. Sometimes I mayjusst us it as a primary here or there. I'll see as I learn more. Haha and thanks for the fishing line advice, funny cause I fish too, so that won't be a problem. Thanks for all your help man. I appreciate it.( I also found 40 12g for $20, so it's actually not that bad! 50 cents each!)
-A5Antonio
(")_(")
Old 12-28-2012, 01:27 PM #8
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Not a problem. If you have any more questions, just ask.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:26 PM #9
p8ntballin007
Professional Forum Lurker

has been a member for 10 years
p8ntballin007 is playing at Living Legends VII
You can swap the fittings out of the remote adapter on the remote line kit. You don't need to keep the standard Quick disconnect fitting.

Simply remove the QD fitting on the end of it, and place the PC3 fitting on in its place. Its that simple. The standard one was leaking when I attached my remote line to it, but when I put the fitting on that came with the line it fixed the leak.

Just an FYI
p8ntballin007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:57 PM #10
A5Antonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballin007 View Post
You can swap the fittings out of the remote adapter on the remote line kit. You don't need to keep the standard Quick disconnect fitting.

Simply remove the QD fitting on the end of it, and place the PC3 fitting on in its place. Its that simple. The standard one was leaking when I attached my remote line to it, but when I put the fitting on that came with the line it fixed the leak.

Just an FYI
Ok, so then I don't need the adapter, and I can just put the onemy cobra coil came with onto the TPX?
(")_(")
Old 01-03-2013, 05:09 PM #11
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

You need the remote line adapter. You can remove the normal QD nipple off the remote line and put on a PC3 nipple is what he is saying. You still need to buy the remote line kit for your TPX and another PC3 nipple, no way around it.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:32 PM #12
A5Antonio

Quote:
You need the remote line adapter. You can remove the normal QD nipple off the remote line and put on a PC3 nipple is what he is saying. You still need to buy the remote line kit for your TPX and another PC3 nipple, no way around it.
Oh ok
(")_(")
Old 01-04-2013, 11:35 AM #13
Reloadro
Phantom Lords

if you're looking to use the TPX purely as a secondary, i'd really recommend just leaving it stock and sticking with 12'ies. if you're pulling it out for some reason, its probably because you need it quick, and a pull to puncture is faster than disconnecting and reconnecting a remote from your primary to you TPX. the only disadvantage compared to hpa would be winter use....but you're in california, so i'm figuring youre not playing too much in sub 40-degree weather?

you probably wont burn through carts very much this way, but 12g cost becomes a factor if you're using the TPX as a primary. personally, i feel that it balances out favorably well with the super-low amount of paint that most pistol players shoot. however, you can get your costs down to about 35 cents a cartridge - SHIPPED, even - with a bulk purchase.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:19 PM #14
A5Antonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloadro View Post
if you're looking to use the TPX purely as a secondary, i'd really recommend just leaving it stock and sticking with 12'ies. if you're pulling it out for some reason, its probably because you need it quick, and a pull to puncture is faster than disconnecting and reconnecting a remote from your primary to you TPX. the only disadvantage compared to hpa would be winter use....but you're in california, so i'm figuring youre not playing too much in sub 40-degree weather?

you probably wont burn through carts very much this way, but 12g cost becomes a factor if you're using the TPX as a primary. personally, i feel that it balances out favorably well with the super-low amount of paint that most pistol players shoot. however, you can get your costs down to about 35 cents a cartridge - SHIPPED, even - with a bulk purchase.
And where could I find cartridges for that price?
(")_(")
Old 01-04-2013, 03:18 PM #15
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

You would have to buy bulk online.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:29 PM #16
SKO_GONZO
S.K.O.

SKO_GONZO owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SKO_GONZO has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SKO_GONZO has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You could replace the nipple if you are in dire need of using your cobra coil. IMO I think the cobra tips suck. I have had and seen numerous issues where the coils fail. Traditional nipples are much better.

Thanks to our sponsors: | Valken | SM Tactical | FOXHOLE Paintball store and field | M.N. P.I.R.O.D. | Quantico Tactical
SKO_GONZO is offline   Reply With Quote