PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-02-2013, 01:29 AM #1
C4talyst

C4talyst has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Converting the SL-68 II into a shotgun

I'm about to get my hands on a SL-68 II with the sole purpose of making it look like a shotgun. Modding up the body to look right isn't the problem, it's the really short pump stroke. Before looking at the schematics and seeing that the pump rod was threaded I was thinking of sticking a spring into the grip where the rod inserts, but as I said, with the threading and how the gun works, I don't think that will work at all.

So does anyone have any idea how I might increase the pump stroke length? If I'm going to make this thing into a shotgun I want it to somewhat feel like one, all the way down to the stroke.
C4talyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2013, 04:20 PM #2
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

PBFreak875 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PBFreak875 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If you start messing with the stroke length, you're going to mess with the operation of the marker. It's determined by the mechanical parts inside the marker. The only thing I can suggest is a separate handle that attaches below and has some extra travel before engaging the actual pump arm.

"Originally posted by Muff Muff: The best ideas always come in either dreams or while drunk."

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
PBFreak875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:27 AM #3
C4talyst

C4talyst has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFreak875 View Post
If you start messing with the stroke length, you're going to mess with the operation of the marker. It's determined by the mechanical parts inside the marker. The only thing I can suggest is a separate handle that attaches below and has some extra travel before engaging the actual pump arm.
Thinking the same thing. It should arrive today. I'll take a peak at how small the grip is and see what can be done. I think above all else I want to not cut into the gun with this mod. I'd prefer it to be painless to install and remove, but time will tell.
C4talyst is offline   Reply With Quote