PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-02-2013, 09:17 PM #43
BowlOfRice

BowlOfRice owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BowlOfRice has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BowlOfRice has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My FX has never had any problems! I have had it for about 2 years and it has worked amazing.
BowlOfRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:54 PM #44
aaaa1236
plop plop plop

aaaa1236 helped look for balloons
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends III
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends V
aaaa1236 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
They dont shoot that great, and ive found the conisistancy to be less than desirable.
Id pick the etek over the fx, if it wasnt for the oled, it wouldnt even be close.
That being said i havent seen too many that were actually broke, and i wouldnt knock someone for using one. Eclipse and macdev just have so much better quality control than dp.
Anyway id pick up a drone dx for that price. But thats just me.
aaaa1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:07 AM #45
jammer63

jammer63 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSherman View Post
Better advice: Don't listen to these two, ever. The FX is a workhorse. The build quality is great. The OLED board is great. The efficiency is great. I wouldn't run with anything else in that price range. I've never had to do anything except basic maintenance with either of my FXs, and they have shot beautifully.

Tip: Most of the DP hate you see on the forums is just a bunch of people who have little to no experience with DP guns.
I have to agree with John. I have had the Fusion FX since it first came out and I have no complaints at all. The gun is accurate and shoots very well. I did have to call customer service once when I first got the gun to register it and my experience was very good. The customer rep was quick and courteous. I did have one ball break in the gun once when I was in the middle of a match, but I shot a couple more balls of paint and it cleared itself. I love how easy it is to clean, I just pull the bolt pin and I can run a wand through the breach and the whole barrels to clean it. If you are unsure of how to take your gun apart to do maintenance, the DP site has fantastic videos for taking each section of your gun apart and performing maintenance. I really don't know why DP gets such a bad rap. I've had nothing but great luck, and results from using the marker. I think everyone is brainwashed that DP is bad but for those who bash the marker without shooting it should at least give it a try. I play a lot with two friends that have Etek 4's. To me, the Fusion looks exactly like the Fusion, and the performance is the same. IMO, the Fusion is a nice marker that gets a bad rap from people who have never fired one.
jammer63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:51 AM #46
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
DP has more lemons than is acceptable for a company to have. A lot of users got g3 and g4 guns that never seemed to work and DP has horrible custmer support, which only made the situation worse. I bought a fx and after a few dives they capicator broke off.
Why they need a capacitor is beyond reason from a design standpoint. EP guns shouldnt need capacitors, they are just something to break.
In my case the solder broke off and I always had to use toilet paper to secure it in place to keep it from rattling around and keep the wires in place.
The final nail in its coffin was when the ram started to mushroom at the front and the gun wouldnt cycle. Unfortunately by the time I figured out what was wrong it had torn up the ram housing.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:47 PM #47
justintriprh

justintriprh has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
justintriprh has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
They bash DP because they're upset they spend 1,000 on a marker that shoots just as well as a G4. My G4 works and works and always works. Lubed the bolt and replaced the o rings in the fittings, the fittings don't need to be replaced. Threw a tech t engine and it shoots ball on ball on ball. Don't sway away from Dangerous Power because you need to spend $5 to get it working.
justintriprh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:14 PM #48
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by justintriprh View Post
They bash DP because they're upset they spend 1,000 on a marker that shoots just as well as a G4. My G4 works and works and always works. Lubed the bolt and replaced the o rings in the fittings, the fittings don't need to be replaced. Threw a tech t engine and it shoots ball on ball on ball. Don't sway away from Dangerous Power because you need to spend $5 to get it working.
Exactly.

Fun fact, PE has to pay DP royalties for the Geo since DP owns the patents.

Having played with and had a chance to maintain a G3, E1, FX, G4, and Rev-I, I think I have to say that as long as you have $8 for new macro fittings and have an old tube of Dow33 they're all great markers for the price especially used. My experiences with DP's CS have been good in the recent year and a half since I've ever contacted them. DP is also VERY far away from cheaply made. Yeah, maybe they don't buff out milling marks, but neither does Empire.

In my experience, it's much easier to fix a totally broken DP gun than an Etek2 with a simple leak anyway. Your G3 just chuffs air when you have it aired up and are trying to fire? Clean out the solenoid and re-lube it along with the bolt and regulator and you're good to go. Your Etek is leaking out of the solenoid exhaust port? Replace and relube the LPR and HPR o-rings, replace the rammer o-rings, and re-lube the solenoid. That still doesn't fix it? Oh well, keep playing around with it.

EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:52 PM #49
dimewitamind
"there is no spoon..."

It seems that alot of the older users 08 and down, seem to be just fine with the DP's.... Learn how the damn gun works and don't fix whats no broken. DP is fine.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:24 PM #50
dominantgazelle
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

dominantgazelle plays in the APPA D4 division
dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
dominantgazelle supports DLX Technology
I heard that the fx series was decent it was just the g5 g4 and g3's especially that had bolt stick problems or something like that? I remember a buddy of mine back in the day always had prob lems with his g3 and he often had to throw on teflon or something. Idk where he put it though all I know was that it leaked a lot.
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:30 PM #51
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimewitamind View Post
It seems that alot of the older users 08 and down, seem to be just fine with the DP's.... Learn how the damn gun works and don't fix whats no broken. DP is fine.
Actually, the issues from the DP come from the shoddy build quality of the electronics. It was very hit-or-miss on whether you got a board that works or one that was doomed for failure.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:39 PM #52
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
Actually, the issues from the DP come from the shoddy build quality of the electronics. It was very hit-or-miss on whether you got a board that works or one that was doomed for failure.
I agree. I remember my brother and his friend both got dp markers at the same time. My brother's dp never worked out of the box. The board was bad, and had bad fittings as well. The other dp never had any problems.
dps093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:23 PM #53
TheHoneyBadger
Front player SHPK sting

TheHoneyBadger supports Team VICIOUS
TheHoneyBadger supports Pev's Paintball
TheHoneyBadger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't even think DP is worth it anymore. Such sketchy reviews about them. I bought a Drone DX and I'm pleased with it so far. And as for their products in general, the consumer is kind of getting the luck of the draw with their guns. Some say their guns are great, while others (including my team mate) have some never ending problems.

Party in the front, buisness in the back. Exactly why I play front.
Make sure to subscribe to me on youtube: Sean60001
TheHoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:25 PM #54
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Too many absolutely amazing markers out there from 3-5 years ago that are priced through the floor. I'm still on the hunt for the right priced FX and I think they are a decent marker, but for their asking price they are in a tough market.

I'm not sure an Etek is really that much, if any better of a marker though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
Yes, but the point being that $300 is more than a gen4 or gen5 timmy (protege) and is only ~$75 less than a vice and the timmy is a far superior marker with a better company backing them.
I'd rather have a Gen 4 or 5 timmy than an FX, but I'm not sure I'd recommend a Gen 4 to someone new over an FX. The Gen 4 was a bit finicky, and while it has great potential, it can also be a bit of a pain too. The fact the Protege is available for under $300 though makes me question why anyone would buy a mid-range gun today, new or used.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:45 PM #55
TheHoneyBadger
Front player SHPK sting

TheHoneyBadger supports Team VICIOUS
TheHoneyBadger supports Pev's Paintball
TheHoneyBadger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
As if the DP guns aren't "Finicky"?

Party in the front, buisness in the back. Exactly why I play front.
Make sure to subscribe to me on youtube: Sean60001
TheHoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:36 AM #56
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
The FX? How many have you shot? Or do you just go to every thread that has DP mentioned to bash them?
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:40 AM #57
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoneyBadger View Post
As if the DP guns aren't "Finicky"?
Hell no.

DP guns are set and forget, not changing pressures every time you air them up.

EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:55 PM #58
FXBaller

FXBaller is for the Gunfight
FXBaller is for the Gunfight
FXBaller has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FXBaller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Do not go with a reflex rail if you don't like your minis efficiency. It's garbage. Go with an etek 3 am, learn how to tune it, and tune it. Shoots a little smoother, still not quiet. Hahah
Diversity #02
FXBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:25 PM #59
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
If you've never had a gun break on you that means you haven't been playing long enough for it to break.

If you use a gun long enough it will eventually decide that it hates you, then turn to you and go "I'm not going to hold air anymore until you take me entirely apart and buy me a brand new set of Orings."

Either that or stop entirely and only begin working again once you have it at home with all your tools out ready to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXBaller View Post
Do not go with a reflex rail if you don't like your minis efficiency. It's garbage. Go with an etek 3 am, learn how to tune it, and tune it. Shoots a little smoother, still not quiet. Hahah
Simply by the nature of the operation of an etek compared to a reflex rail the etek will never shoot smoother.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 01-14-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:08 PM #60
sigmanugary

sigmanugary owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Please don't get an FX...I used to own one and I was very unimpressed with the build quality. Get an Axe or Etek, thank me later.
sigmanugary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:22 AM #61
SupaSteve20

SupaSteve20 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SupaSteve20 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SupaSteve20 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SPOILER ALERT: This is a Rant
I am a DP hater. I had an FX got it for Christmas last year. All i had were problems from the beginning. I tried wiping the old lube and applying new, i tried messing with the settings i tried the Techt bolt. Reluctantly i called their customer service and was appauled by the treatment i received. Not only was the gun under warranty but it never worked out of the box. They charged me for maintainence and for shipping to and from them and parts but never sent back the parts they changed out (which technically i owned making me believe they didnt do anything). The marker was still broken when i got it back from them and they blamed me saying i must have done something (i literally used it twice). The board is fried and all it does is break paint. It has been sitting in a drawer ever since. It sure is pretty but thats the extent of its usefulness.

Im by no means am a PE fanboy but ill tell you what... my ETEK 3 works flawlessly every time out. LT AM it doesnt matter, for a new poppit mid range it is great

And not for nothing but some of us aren't going pro and don't spend 5 hours a day coddling our guns, sometimes i don't clean my gun after using it and i dont know everything about it, what i know is... i want it to work when i use it... minimal maitainence is nice and i dont need to be told to read the manual everytime i ask for help. Rant over!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:42 AM #62
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Here is what happened to my FX. Other than the soldering holding the transistor in place coming off, the ram began to mushroom at the front. If you look closely, that is no camera trick. The ram is in fact wider at the end.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:58 PM #63
FPSmaniac152

Can we ever get along? The marker you buy should be based on what YOU want, not what a bunch of hacks on PBN tell you. I am a gun tech. DP is the Glock of the paintball world. They're stupid simple, and cheap. The fittings generally leak out of the box because the o rings inside them are bone dry. They don't lube em in the factory. So lube em 9 times out of 10 it stops the leak. I actually like bolt stick. Ya know why? I actually makes people clean their crap somewhat regularly. Is that a bad thing? DP PUNCHES ABOVE ITS WEIGHT PERIOD. ANY IDIOT CAN GET THEIR GUNS TO NOT LEAK. IF YOU CAN'T, YOU'RE PLAYING THE WRONG SPORT. If you deny this you are in fact an idiot, by arguing against me you only prove my point.

Last edited by FPSmaniac152 : 01-15-2013 at 10:01 PM.
FPSmaniac152 is offline   Reply With Quote