Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-31-2012, 11:24 PM #1
5upreme7eam

HPA Tank Fill Help? ASAP.

I recently got a 3000 psi HPA tank and wanted to fill it. I use a 4500 psi scuba tank to fill my tanks via QD and other components as you probably know. This HPA tank has been giving me problems though. So I connect it to the scuba tank and start filling. I hear the click and everything and fill it to about 2.5k. It's reading a little higher on the psi gauge on the component that connect to the scuba tank than the psi gauge on the 3000 psi hpa tank. Once I hear the hissing stop (this is below 3k psi) I turn the valve off on the scuba tank. I proceed to slowly unscrew the bleed value on the component and it keeps releasing air while dropping the psi at a steady rate on the 3000 psi hpa tank! The bleeding is stealing the psi from the hpa tank. I presume the input nipple on the small HPA is FUBAR and allowing air from the tank to go back through the QD line and out the bleed valve? I'm planning on saying bye bye to the HPA tank as it's a cheap one and upgrading to a better carbon fiber one or I will replace the input valve. I'm planning on not dying so hopefully someone could help me with my rookie mistakes.
5upreme7eam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2013, 01:14 AM #2
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

has been a member for 10 years
Very possible that the nipple o-ring blew and let air go the other way.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Dyoel182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:38 AM #3
5upreme7eam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyoel182 View Post
Very possible that the nipple o-ring blew and let air go the other way.
Should I replace the o-ring and is it fairly easy job or should I just buy entire new input nipple. Any links where I could find both, thanks.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:12 AM #4
die.another.day

The o ring just pops out of the scuba... Im not sure if theres more than that...
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:37 AM #5
5upreme7eam

Quote:
Originally Posted by die.another.day View Post
The o ring just pops out of the scuba... Im not sure if theres more than that...
Found the problem, thanks!