Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-19-2012, 12:46 PM #43
CVeaglespaintball
NYU '17

CVeaglespaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CVeaglespaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
CVeaglespaintball supports Empire
I started in 2008 after a friend of mine told me to come with him to the field. I bought a Spyder EMR-1, a ****ty JT mask, a Halo B, a pod pack, and a 48/3000 before ever stepping on the field. But that first day is to this day one of my best memories. Everyone there was around the same skill level so everyone had fun. The funny part is, the friend that got me into paintball never showed up, and he quit playing while I'm still completely addicted.
CVeaglespaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2012, 06:15 PM #44
jsauce0

i play paintball because its badass.
jsauce0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:16 AM #45
ShinyNickel

Well, i got into paintball actually without my parent's permission. my mom was ok with me doing it as a hobby and dad was completely against it when i started. his grounds were that he didn't feel that people shooting at people was ok, which i see where he was coming from thinking that paintball guns were actual guns and not pneumatic markers. anyways so we had that conversation when i was 13. some of my friends had acquired markers and had the blessings of their parents, and they asked me if i wanted to try out their markers, of course i took them up on it. I was hooked as soon as i fired my friend's 98 the first time. So from then on i was silently looking for a gun, any one i could get my hands on. turns out unscrupulous people in art class will sell you one for $25, it doesn't matter that they bought it for $40 five years before and it's basically a piece of crap, i had my own paintball gun! It leaked so i fixed it. Then, dad found it. he claimed it as his own and took it from me and bought a box of 500 and i had to convince him not to throw it away. I let it stew in his mind that i really wanted to go paintballing and when my friends asked me again if i wanted to go i snuck into dad's office and grabbed my paintball gun and supplies and went. A couple of months roll by and my dad realizes that the marker is missing, he asks me about it and i say that i've been using it. he seems skeptical still but accepting at least a little bit. A few years later (16th birthday) the friend whose 98 i shot got an azodin blitz and we shared a birthday party where we of course played paintball in his little hayfield behind his house. dad was watching and i offered to let him play. he seemed to be ok with it after that since we had played all afternoon and the worst injury that was had was a scraped knee. His mother had a fit when she realized that we were shooting at each other, but the other parents talked her down. Then the next year my dad bought my little brother a invert mini for his 12th birthday. My friends and my little brother had fun funding our paintball excursions to local fields throughout our high school careers. We even put up three makeshift woodsball fields behind my house and one of my other friend's grandparents. This year i finally bought another marker. I'm now the proud owner of a 2001 Tippmann 98 custom. I'm 19 and definately off to a slow start, but it's been a blast. Now the friend who we put a field in behind his grandparent's house is coming back from the Air Force and wants to use the field next weekend since that's when he'll be back so I guess i'll be buying paint again. You'll meet all kinds of people paintballing, the spoiled kids whose parents buy everything for them (my little brother) and the ones who had to struggle to break stereotypes and scrape enough money together to buy every piece of equipment (my college going self) and all sorts of personalities too. I ball to meet these people, spray paint at the cocky ones and have fun after a long week of work.
ShinyNickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:57 PM #46
Complexed

My friend told me about a local field so i went a few times then finally bought a mini. I love the sport.
Complexed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:48 PM #47
PacPB16

When i was 6 or 7 my cousin brought his cocker to my house and we went into the woods and all my cousins took turns running across a trail trying not to get shot and then shooting. When i was 10 or so i went with my cousins and then by 13 i had my first speedball setup and im 14 now and i am insanely addicted.
PacPB16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:49 PM #48
Clone 2

I was one of the lucky ones with an awesome dad who was younger (30s) and big in to paintball.
Clone 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:36 AM #49
Albert_Mata
Ocelots!

Albert_Mata plays in the APPA D5 division
Albert_Mata has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Albert_Mata has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Albert_Mata has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The adrenaline rush >
Albert_Mata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:57 PM #50
Stinky20v