Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 02:57 PM #1
DRoper412
guttery.buttery.tits
 
DRoper412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Annual Supporting Member
DRoper412 is BST Legit
DRoper412 plays in the PSP
DRoper412 supports Cereal Killerz 2
DRoper412 donated to help Peyton Trent
DRoper412 posts videos on PbNation
DRoper412 is Boss
Bubblegum Geo3 color question



Can I use this in NPPL

Thanks.
__________________
Squad7
7Paintball and Airsoft
"If it's in stock, we've got it"
Lockport, IL

DLX Luxe 2.0 Red/Silver F.S.T
Shocktech DM5 with UL Frame F.S.T
DRoper412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:17 PM #2
LittleH8kid
 
 
LittleH8kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Grandrapids, MI
LittleH8kid supports Pev's Paintball
Yes

Color looks more gold then yellow
__________________
TCP Machine
#97
LittleH8kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:42 PM #3
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer
 
monkeyballer099639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Redlands
Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Yes, you are fine with that.
__________________
IE Resistance
FUGO Pump


Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:57 PM #4
DRoper412
guttery.buttery.tits
 
DRoper412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Annual Supporting Member
DRoper412 is BST Legit
DRoper412 plays in the PSP
DRoper412 supports Cereal Killerz 2
DRoper412 donated to help Peyton Trent
DRoper412 posts videos on PbNation
DRoper412 is Boss
Thanks guy.
__________________
Squad7
7Paintball and Airsoft
"If it's in stock, we've got it"
Lockport, IL

DLX Luxe 2.0 Red/Silver F.S.T
Shocktech DM5 with UL Frame F.S.T
DRoper412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:45 PM #5
Xdanisx
Team up! Team Up!
 
Xdanisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: MA
Xdanisx posts videos on PbNation
Xdanisx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xdanisx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Would PE even make a marker that you couldn't use in NPPL/PSP/Milenium?

Not trying to be a douche, just generally curious.
__________________
Signature
Xdanisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:48 PM #6
DRoper412
guttery.buttery.tits
 
DRoper412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Annual Supporting Member
DRoper412 is BST Legit
DRoper412 plays in the PSP
DRoper412 supports Cereal Killerz 2
DRoper412 donated to help Peyton Trent
DRoper412 posts videos on PbNation
DRoper412 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdanisx View Post
Would PE even make a marker that you couldn't use in NPPL/PSP/Milenium?

Not trying to be a douche, just generally curious.
Not sure, but it's been something I've wondered.
__________________
Squad7
7Paintball and Airsoft
"If it's in stock, we've got it"
Lockport, IL

DLX Luxe 2.0 Red/Silver F.S.T
Shocktech DM5 with UL Frame F.S.T
DRoper412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:13 AM #7
Greenan
 
 
Greenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Michigan
Greenan plays in the PSP
Greenan owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdanisx View Post
Would PE even make a marker that you couldn't use in NPPL/PSP/Milenium?

Not trying to be a douche, just generally curious.
I know this is going to be hard to believe, but not everyone buys a gun to play national events.
__________________
FLINT CITY CRU


Greenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:48 AM #8
Xdanisx
Team up! Team Up!
 
Xdanisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: MA
Xdanisx posts videos on PbNation
Xdanisx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xdanisx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenan View Post
I know this is going to be hard to believe, but not everyone buys a gun to play national events.
No I know, but think about it like this. Lets say PE came out with an all yellow geo 3 that looked pretty sweet. Now lets say I thought that color was pretty sweat and I bought it without asking if it's a legal color- or better yet, I made a forum post asking if it's an illegal color or not and the response I get is "Don't worry bro, you're good". Next year rolls around, I show up to an event, and I am told by a ref that I can't use my shiny new marker that I spent an arm and a leg to buy. I'd be pretty pissed. I mean I have no one to really blame but myself, but I'd still be wondering, "Why PE, why would you put out a geo 3 (a marker that many many people will be using in tournaments) in an illegal color? I mean is it PE's fault? No, but they sertainly haven't helped the situation.

Now I probably wouldn't let that bother me to the point that I wouldn't buy from PE ever again, but there are definately people out there that would. If PE was smart, they wouldn't put out guns that can't be used in tourneys. Or better yet, if they put out a color scheme that would be psp/nppl illegal, they should put that in the product description.

Now I'm curious as I'm new to paintball: could you just cover your gun with black hockey tape if the marker's color scheme was not alloud?
__________________
Signature
Xdanisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:59 AM #9
DRoper412
guttery.buttery.tits
 
DRoper412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Annual Supporting Member
DRoper412 is BST Legit
DRoper412 plays in the PSP
DRoper412 supports Cereal Killerz 2
DRoper412 donated to help Peyton Trent
DRoper412 posts videos on PbNation
DRoper412 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdanisx View Post

No I know, but think about it like this. Lets say PE came out with an all yellow geo 3 that looked pretty sweet. Now lets say I thought that color was pretty sweat and I bought it without asking if it's a legal color- or better yet, I made a forum post asking if it's an illegal color or not and the response I get is "Don't worry bro, you're good". Next year rolls around, I show up to an event, and I am told by a ref that I can't use my shiny new marker that I spent an arm and a leg to buy. I'd be pretty pissed. I mean I have no one to really blame but myself, but I'd still be wondering, "Why PE, why would you put out a geo 3 (a marker that many many people will be using in tournaments) in an illegal color? I mean is it PE's fault? No, but they sertainly haven't helped the situation.

Now I probably wouldn't let that bother me to the point that I wouldn't buy from PE ever again, but there are definately people out there that would. If PE was smart, they wouldn't put out guns that can't be used in tourneys. Or better yet, if they put out a color scheme that would be psp/nppl illegal, they should put that in the product description.

Now I'm curious as I'm new to paintball: could you just cover your gun with black hockey tape if the marker's color scheme was not alloud?
They said I could tape it up if I keep the tape thin.
__________________
Squad7
7Paintball and Airsoft
"If it's in stock, we've got it"
Lockport, IL

DLX Luxe 2.0 Red/Silver F.S.T
Shocktech DM5 with UL Frame F.S.T
DRoper412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:01 PM #10
efahl101
Sconi
 
efahl101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
^^^ Worst comes to worst, carry a roll of electrical tape with you to any national event. I remember 2012 Chicago NPPL, had a ref come over to a teamate about 30 seconds before the game was about to start and say his red hopper was illegal (because of color). I was laughing the entire game.
__________________
NVP


Apocalypse Paintball--Alienman Paintball--Paintballer187
KMstraps--3D Nutrition--Left Coast Paintball
SMKM
efahl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:58 PM #11
ThizZ
SD Pirates
 
ThizZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .Utah.
ThizZ supports Empire
I would use athletic tape instead of electric. it will give you more grip then the electric tape would.
ThizZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump