Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-21-2012, 08:46 PM #1
B BoP

People still play here?

I only played here a few times after George sold the place and changed the name, and it seemed like it was pretty dead after the name change. Just curious if this place is busy on the weekends or still, trying to get back into the game after a 6 year hiatus(college).
Virtue Paintball
|O'HARE Paintball Park |
Old 09-27-2012, 09:47 PM #2
B BoP

Just stopped in today (Thursday) when it's half price paint at around 8, they close at 10. There was not a single person here except the two workers.

The field is in awful shape, deflated bunkers, bad set up for speedball. The entire building is carpeted with this blue **** now, looks like nothing has been cleaned in years. The "pro shop" had like two spiders, a handful of hoppers, a couple hopper shells, and some clothing. This place really fell to ****.
Virtue Paintball
|O'HARE Paintball Park |
Old 12-14-2012, 07:15 PM #3
lewizz124
Slewis

lewizz124 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lewizz124 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lewizz124 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Aw man. I'm back from college too and I loved tha place the one time I went. There was good competition and a good current field setup with turf. It used to be hopping. Maybe a few too many "pros" and cool dudes but I liked it. Hope someone cleans it up.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:06 PM #4
chicagoaxe13

Quote:
Originally Posted by B BoP View Post
Just stopped in today (Thursday) when it's half price paint at around 8, they close at 10. There was not a single person here except the two workers.

The field is in awful shape, deflated bunkers, bad set up for speedball. The entire building is carpeted with this blue **** now, looks like nothing has been cleaned in years. The "pro shop" had like two spiders, a handful of hoppers, a couple hopper shells, and some clothing. This place really fell to ****.
you hit the nail on the head...place was mediocre at best. the blue "carpet" left paint residue all over EVERYTHING. very little players, "bunkers" sucked. its sad because the facility had potential, very good space but geez. it was bad.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:56 PM #5
jeff_83

jeff_83 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jeff_83 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
just heard they put 50k in that place for the new turf and lights and they just dont clean anything. i used to play there all the time when george owned it.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:02 AM #6
pb-killer

pb-killer is a Professional paintball player
pb-killer plays in the PSP
pb-killer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pb-killer plays in the APPA Pro division
Not everything glitters in gold. Grew up there and got some good memories. Place has got potential and going to improve

"Even a blind Squirrel finds a nut"
Old 01-04-2013, 11:09 AM #7
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

CombatOi84 plays in the PSP
CombatOi84 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoaxe13 View Post
you hit the nail on the head...place was mediocre at best. the blue "carpet" left paint residue all over EVERYTHING. very little players, "bunkers" sucked. its sad because the facility had potential, very good space but geez. it was bad.
Its indoor paintball.... The turf is just fine, but of course you are going to have a "residue" on you.... it doesn't rain inside....

Bunkers could be a little better, but they are not that bad...

Place still has some of the best talent in the MW going to it.. If you don't mind playing scrubs just for fun then go ahead and go anywhere. But if you want to learn and get better at the sport CLP is the place to be.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:07 AM #8
cliffwalsh

I went last thursday. The people that work there are decent dudes. Place needs better management to get it cleaned up. Half the bunkers were deflated or could not be inflated. The place has so much potential. Owner needs to get involved. A team showed up at 8 and took over the field. I waited for another hour watching them run drills. I didn't pay to watch them run drills. I wish I could say I had fun. I left feeling deflated. Really needs TLC.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:50 AM #9
bogieboy

as everyone has said i played there back when George owned it...ALL the time... i was the dude running around with the blue angel or blue cocker...LOL after the ownership change the place fell apart sadly...
Old 08-07-2013, 10:21 PM #10
kylefff
Squirrel

kylefff plays in the PSP
kylefff owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kylefff is an NCPA player
kylefff plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb-killer View Post
Not everything glitters in gold. Grew up there and got some good memories. Place has got potential and going to improve
Agreed, this place not be the pretty place to play but its a great place to get some field time... Plus you might catch one or two pros floating around in there. If your looking to run some drills or just play get your squad together head out there.