PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-26-2012, 03:47 PM #1
Roc.ko
STAY EVIL!! OMEN & PIMP

Evil Pimp Problems

I picked up a used Evil Pimp and changed all the O-rings thru-out the gun and lubed up everything. Im having the same problems everybody has with these guns, Its either the Detonator or the LPR adjustments. I tried the bag trick on the LPR seem to work but when i air it up and increase the Det I can hear the noid leaking so I turn the Det down a lil the noid stops leaking but I cant get the balls to chron over like 260. Then ill get a couple of balls to shoot perfect but chron like 252 then drop to 229 then it will chop a couple of balls. I thinking about swapping out the HPR and the LPR with a different brand. I don't know....Is there a way to tune these guns to get rid of these problems. Oh I did check seats on the HPR and the LPR and both look good.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:55 PM #2
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

has been a member for 10 years
Brad- Division owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
check the dwell, they need a bit
Brad- Division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:08 PM #3
Roc.ko
STAY EVIL!! OMEN & PIMP

ok thanks ill try it...I also think im gonna swap out the LPR to a 2K2 Timmy LPR
Old 12-27-2012, 08:01 PM #4
EvilPimp_
Where my money at???

what is your LPR pressure? That and low dwell may be your issue. Make sure you have a new 9V battery.
EvilPimp_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:45 AM #5
Roc.ko
STAY EVIL!! OMEN & PIMP

the LPR was set at 120 psi
Old 12-30-2012, 07:20 AM #6
EvilPimp_
Where my money at???

Try 130-140 on LPR, and reset board to stock settings. I used to run a Hybrid Verdict LPR on my Pimp. Hard to find, but much smaller and lighter. I ran a CP reg as a HPR. Lighter also. Make sure the Det HPR isn't turned up too high. If you turn it up too high past the sweetspot, then the pressure will actually start to drop. Also make sure you shoot as you adjust the HPR so you relieve some pressure, and saves your reg seat from premature wear.
Here is the manual:
http://www.paintballsolutions.com/pd...pmanual1.0.pdf

Once you getting it shooting at the correct velocity, you can try to fine tune it and lower your LPR. Here are some settings you can try later:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1335146

Last edited by EvilPimp_ : 12-30-2012 at 07:46 AM.
EvilPimp_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:09 PM #7
Roc.ko
STAY EVIL!! OMEN & PIMP

Thanks for the info...Does anyone know where I can find a couple of spare Det seats?