PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-27-2012, 09:27 AM #1
gwhetzler
Bazinga!

Need some insight please.

Hey guys,

I've been a long time mag user but took a 5 yr break (roughly) when my last one (and a bunch of other gear) was stolen. Any who I got back in to them with my X valve ULE lvl 10. Currently I'm using a PE HP regulator, looking to buy a Ninja SHP regulator (mainly for convince). I have noticed that my PE regulator will not allow the gun shoot when it gets to about 1000-2000 PSI. The recharge rate on the PE regulator is not all that great when the tank gets low.

Here recently I have seemed to notice that my 68/4500 isn't lasting the whole game. Now part of it is me using the R/T function but even still, I donít really remember running out of air 1/2 way through the game. I can't remember if I had the same issue 5-7yrs back with a 68/4500. I do know that I had a 90/4500 for my R/T for a while before it got stolen.

That jumble of thoughts being said, what do you guys run? 90/4500s or 68/4500's? What regulator are you using these days? I'm just looking for some insight to keep the mag in the game longer.

Either way its great to shoot the mag again!!

Thanks,

Garland
gwhetzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2012, 10:29 AM #2
syko89

How many shots are you going through? I run a 90ci 4500 with either a shp reg or a 1600psi output reg I had ninja build for me. But running out mig game of a 68ci don't sound right.
syko89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:38 AM #3
gwhetzler
Bazinga!

I will need to load up on some re-balls and count em out. But roughly 2-2 1/2 rotors.

I found it quite odd. I was expecting more like 4 pods and a hopper.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:07 AM #4
syko89

Yeah that's very low efficiency. Might want to go to automags.org they are great with tech stuff
Old 12-27-2012, 11:57 AM #5
inmylife2415
SBPB

inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
what is/was the paint to barrel match like?
inmylife2415 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:27 PM #6
gwhetzler
Bazinga!

I was using a peper stix kit. It was good but not what it would have been if I used my freak kit.

Now I R/T like a mofo, its just too tempting and I find it funny. Im thinking that a cross from that and the crappy PE reg might be the issue? Correct me if Im wrong.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:40 PM #7
syko89

So you still have air but it doesn't want to shot fast? Could be the reg if the flow rate is low I had a problem like that but mine was some Teflon tape partly clogged my macro line
Old 12-27-2012, 12:52 PM #8
gwhetzler
Bazinga!

Kinda, it wont RT at all when the tank gets to 1K-2k, I know that has to do with the reg and the output pressure (which appears to crap on the PE regs) However the gun just kinda sputters around 1k-1.5k when firing at slow rates of fire.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:03 PM #9
syko89

2k should still be fine. Sounds like the reg is the problem. Do you know what it output is
Old 12-27-2012, 01:34 PM #10
gwhetzler
Bazinga!

Nope, thats part of the issue. Its a fixed that should be HP @ 850 +/- but that doesnt mean that its actually puting 850 out. My guess is that when it gets closer to 1k it drops fast! I have never had issues with it on my Vintage Matrix's but I also Run AKA 2 Liter + and SCMs so it keeps the pressure at 220ish untill the tank drops under 220 psi.

Im gonna order a 90/4500 with a SHP from ninja on monday when I get my VA check.

Im gonna try my Max Flo this weekend on a 68/45 but I dont have a way to mount it to the gun all my tanks are peanuts (so the drops I have dont fit) and I dont have a rail. But I can at least test it out.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:26 PM #11
inmylife2415
SBPB

inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
your not going to get very good cycles after you get down to 1000-1200 psi. you could look into the he insert, it will kick like a mule but you will see better numbers, luke has them in stock I believe

* 400-500 rounds is poor, even for RT. my brain is mashed potatoes today ill try and get it going when i get off work
inmylife2415 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:32 PM #12
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
your mag will stop RT'ing once it starts to get at or below your operating pressure of course. It will overall stop at around 700-800 psi. Go on AO and talk to luke. He has quite a few more of hills efficiency inserts left which will help you get around 1500+ off of a 68/45.

It also depends on how much porting your barrel has and your barrel to paint match. Make sure there is no small leak anywhere that you just haven't noticed.

I currently run a 90/45 with around a 1200 psi output with a remote line and macro. I get almost a case off of my tank. I do not use a efficiency insert though because it may restrict your RT capabilities to some restraint although not a significant amount. I didn't really need it since I only go through a case a day and I pretty much get to stay out on the field for the whole day.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:33 PM #13
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
damn. he beat me to it. 6 minutes late..
Old 12-27-2012, 08:06 PM #14
gwhetzler
Bazinga!

Thanks guys! I will order the 90/4500 and the SHP. I kept thinking that there was a reason I bought one about 5 yrs back.

Im heading to the field this weekend to run some paint throught it and try to get better numbers.

I will take apart the gun and check the orings etc to be on the safe side. Sadly I dont have all the spacers because I got it off ebay... but it did have some rebuild kits. I will have to contact AGD for some spacers or AO.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:17 PM #15
demented pumper
AKA Superman

getting an efficiency insert will stop your gun from rting. just so you know. try retuning your lvl10 may have a small leak in the breach. i would air up your gun and dunk it in the bath tube and see if there are bubbles. you may have a leak that you are not aware of. may also be leak on your tank that you are using.

feebackhttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post18738514
AO-Captian pinky
pbc- superman
mcb- superman
demented pumper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:39 PM #16
gwhetzler
Bazinga!

Well I took it out to the field today to run some air through it. Had nothing but issues. The gun would sputter not fire correctly, etc.

Took it apart and notced that the bumper is falling apart, I dont have any other carriers than the .5 one and it has 3 shims in it. IIRC they normally use 2 when its all siad and done. Anywho looks like Im getting a SHP reg, 90/4500, a couple rebuild kits, and spacer set.

I figure I should start from scratch than try to figure out what is going on with it.