PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-20-2012, 08:57 PM #1
ETH13

ETH13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Dye DM8 problem

So I was having problems with my dm8 a couple weeks ago so I just sent it into dye to get it fixed. They sent it back after I paid and said it was all fixed up. He replaced two o rings. I aired the gun up and started to shoot it and it wasn't fixed at all. I started to realize that it was not really being consistent with its velocity. So I continued to shoot it and then it stopped shooting every time. About 5/50 shots wouldn't even leave the gun, it would just make a puff. So I put the dwell up to 21 and it was working good after that but it started to leak from the feedneck area, the leak was very very small.mso I continued to mess with the dwell and when I put it at the stock setting, it wouldn't even shoot on the first shot, it would just puff. So I increased the ABS all the way up and it still is puffing. If I move the dwell up even higher, the leak is more noticeable. Also, if I leave the gun without shooting it for about 45 seconds, the leak will come back but very faint. What can I do?
ETH13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2012, 09:41 PM #2
nique303 (Banned)

Stock dwell then higher your hpr if that doesn't work then try messing with the LPR.
nique303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:19 PM #3
rccballer
Ninja with a gun

Change battery
rccballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:21 PM #4
JoshC90

JoshC90 supports Team VICIOUS
Send that hoe back to dye with a very angry email, how much did they charge you?

Texas Storm G6R - Ripper Victory - DM9
Support American Made
JoshC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:25 AM #5
keoni-svx

keoni-svx helped look for balloons
keoni-svx is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccballer View Post
Change battery
keoni-svx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:26 AM #6
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
TherealInsomniac is playing at Living Legends VI
TherealInsomniac has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TherealInsomniac supports Empire
leak from the feedneck means leak from front of bolt. is it from the inside of the bolt? change #15 tophat. from the side of the bolt(move the bolt around with your finger tip while aired up)? change the #17 inside can front. from the outsode of can? change #20 outer seal. do not over lube. just enough to make the orings wet, and the space between the ring and ring slot barely filled with grease. using dow 33 to start. not fancy lube, and especially not 55.

change to a new battery (check voltage if you can). reset regs to stock setting. chrono from there. then if you want move the dwell to desired level and re chono using the HPR only.
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks

Last edited by TherealInsomniac : 12-21-2012 at 12:29 AM.
TherealInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:50 AM #7
ETH13

He charged me 34 bucks. I'm not paying for it again, he should have fixed it the first time. And he didn't answer my email
Old 12-22-2012, 05:05 PM #8
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETH13 View Post
He charged me 34 bucks. I'm not paying for it again, he should have fixed it the first time. And he didn't answer my email
Your best bet is to call dye/email them they should fix it for free. if anything..

make the dwell stock which is 18..

turn the LPR 3 1/4th turns out.

turn the hyper 3 3 turns out, chrono to 285 w/e.

for the leak...

replace the 017 CAN oring.

and the 017 top hat oring, and the 014 top hat oring. should fix your leak...

now to find out better which oring it is... push your finger against the bolt, is it leaking from around it? or inside it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealInsomniac View Post
leak from the feedneck means leak from front of bolt. is it from the inside of the bolt? change #15 tophat. from the side of the bolt(move the bolt around with your finger tip while aired up)? change the #17 inside can front. from the outsode of can? change #20 outer seal. do not over lube. just enough to make the orings wet, and the space between the ring and ring slot barely filled with grease. using dow 33 to start. not fancy lube, and especially not 55.

change to a new battery (check voltage if you can). reset regs to stock setting. chrono from there. then if you want move the dwell to desired level and re chono using the HPR only.
Good advice, but the #15 you stated is a #14.

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:37 PM #9
ETH13

I can't exactly tell where the leak is coming from, it is such a tiny leak that you can barely hear when putting your ear up to it, it is only there if the dwell is above 20, but if it is below 20 the first shot will either have a super low velocity, or not shoot at all and just puff. Also, sometimes it will just misfire and not shoot at all or just puff, it is not always but usually the first shot.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:45 PM #10
iquadra
BucK NastY

Quote:
Dye has pretty good customer service from my experience. As long as you don't hold of on contacting them (start from scratch and explain what happened). I see no reason they wouldn't fix your gun free of charge.

Proudly Sponsored By: Exalt
iquadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:50 PM #11
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
I can't exactly tell where the leak is coming from, it is such a tiny leak that you can barely hear when putting your ear up to it, it is only there if the dwell is above 20, but if it is below 20 the first shot will either have a super low velocity, or not shoot at all and just puff. Also, sometimes it will just misfire and not shoot at all or just puff, it is not always but usually the first shot.
it's hard to tell without looking at it, refer to my sig if you're looking for some cheap service, for it to be fixed..

Also make sure it isn't coming from the LPR, as in once u air it up put your ear by the rear frame screw and listen for a leak.

but replace the 3 orings and see if it stops it.. all orings are in parts kit

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:04 PM #12
ETH13

The three o rings, are 15,17 and 20 the right ones? And I can't afford to send it away again, I already did once, and it still wasn't fixed.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:03 PM #13
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
TherealInsomniac is playing at Living Legends VI
TherealInsomniac has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TherealInsomniac supports Empire
Quote:
SO first things, get a brand new name brand battery in there.
make sure your lubed at the correct level. thin layers. nothing should appear gunked or caked anywhere.
break your reg down, change the piston oring and reg seat.

next, dwell settings don't change any pressures in the gun. All the dwell setting is-is the amount of time the solenoid is in a chraged state. IE how long is the bolt forward> so if theres a leak when the bolt is static at 16ms, it should be there when its at 20. pick a dwell setting and leave it there (lower will get you more shots but more kick, higher= less shots but smoother operation). then adjust your pressures with the regs.

make sure the ABS is on.

a leak down the barrel can only be caused by those three orings.
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks

Last edited by TherealInsomniac : 12-24-2012 at 09:07 PM.
TherealInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote