PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-28-2012, 02:52 PM #1
flyweed

spyder Xtra Questions

Hey all

I just picked up a Spyder Xtra (non electric) PB gun for one of my younger sons to use. I ONLY have HPA air tanks, as I refill here at home..I dont use CO2. anyway..the gun is practically brand new..guy I got it from used it 1 time on CO2 and that's it.

Anyway..I hooked up one of my Ninja 48/3000 tanks to it, and cocked it..and shot a paintball through it..but it DIDN'T recock. I tried again and again and it would not automatically recock.

I don't know much about the spyders..is there some adjustment I need to make? Also, it was freezing cold outside and the marker was in my car..it was about 17F outside..so everything was very cold.

Anyway, if someone can give me some insight on this gun and why it might not be recocking, that would be awesome

Dan
flyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2012, 04:21 PM #2
flyweed

ok. I figured if my kid was gonna play with this, I may as well break it down, clean it up, so at least I KNOW how everything goes together in this gun.

Anyway, I broke it completely down..cleaned EVERYTHING inside. then I lubed ALL O rings everywhere. put her back together, and aired it up with a new tank of HPA (48/3000psi Ninja tank)....I cocked the gun FIRST, and then turned on the air. No leaks, everything looking good. pull the trigger and get serious full auto machine gun...I kept pulling the trigger, and samething until I hit about 2000psi. and then it would shoot one shot, with an occassional two shot..then when I got down to about 1000psi, back to machine gun from hell. At least it's recocking now..but HOW IN THE HELL do I get this thing to stop machine gunning?? Does the drill hole enlargment in the pressure chamber fix this?

Any help would be great.
flyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:25 PM #3
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
When you say it doesn't recock, do you mean that it fires and just sits there.. or does it attempt to recock, but it isn't caught (tends to sound like you're out of air and/or full auto)?

What is the output pressure of your 48/3k Ninja tank regulator?

For a stock spyder, the operating pressure is around 800psi.

The full auto means that the tank doesn't have enough pressure to force the bolt & striker back to where the sear will catch it.

Also, make sure you use Oil on spyders, not a grease based lubricant (dow 33/55, etc.)

Last edited by theblindchicken : 11-28-2012 at 04:28 PM.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:27 PM #4
Lawpass

Lawpass has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It sounds like the striker o-ring is bad. The pressure is leaking around the striker instead of pushing it back. Probably after shooting full auto, some of the oil that you just put in the marker made its way to the oring leak and is trying to help seal it. Time to replace it.
Lawpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:48 PM #5
SPYDRMN22
Private Labels Only!

has been a member for 10 years
It's prob the input pressure of your tank or the striker oring is bad or there's other bad orings on the bolt or it's just dirty and creating too much drag so the bolt can't recock.

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
SPYDRMN22 is online now   Reply With Quote