Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-19-2012, 09:36 AM #1
craze72

Pm6/pm7/pm8

I'm just getting started with the paintball thing and a friend turned me on to the PM series. I just got a PM7 and I'm just wondering if the parts are interchangeable between the PM6, PM7 and PM8.

thanks.
craze72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 AM #2
junits15

Quote:
Originally Posted by craze72 View Post
I'm just getting started with the paintball thing and a friend turned me on to the PM series. I just got a PM7 and I'm just wondering if the parts are interchangeable between the PM6, PM7 and PM8.

thanks.
No, they all have their own specific parts. I like PM7's best out of the pm series.
junits15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:15 AM #3
bunkerking_13
SKNasty. Cole World.

bunkerking_13 supports Team VICIOUS
bunkerking_13 posts videos on PbNation
bunkerking_13 is Legendary
bunkerking_13 supports Empire
The PM8 is the oddball, there are a few parts that are the same/interchangeable between the PM6 and 7.

Eyes, detents, board, grips, ASA's, feednecks, pretty sure the bolts are the same. High pressure Reg..
bunkerking_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:28 PM #4
EmpireEmperor

EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerking_13 View Post
The PM8 is the oddball, there are a few parts that are the same/interchangeable between the PM6 and 7.

Eyes, detents, board, grips, ASA's, feednecks, pretty sure the bolts are the same. High pressure Reg..
The PM6 and PM7 bolts are interchangeable. Using a PM8 bolt in a PM6/7 requires a PM8 backcap. It won't work with a PM6 or PM7 cap.
EmpireEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:53 PM #5
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Most parts are interchangeable between the PM6 and PM7. Other than milling, they're the same marker (but oh what a difference milling made in how much nicer the PM7 looks!!!).

2014 Vapor FST

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:54 AM #6
craze72

Thanks for the replies. It's good know. The pm7 I got used had leaked air badly but my friend rebuilt it and got it to work pretty nicely. But after one outing with it, it's leaking air again. I have a feeling I need to find a new bolt or solenoid.
craze72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:22 AM #7
Bobtheballer
wanabe gunwhore

Bobtheballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Depends where it's leaking from. A new bolt won't do anything for you unless there's a huge gouge in it or it's broken in half lol. If you're leaking from in between the grip frame and the body, where the solenoid would be, it's possible that you might need a new one but still not likely. Most leaks with matrices are fixed with just new o rings.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:46 AM #8
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobtheballer View Post
Depends where it's leaking from. A new bolt won't do anything for you unless there's a huge gouge in it or it's broken in half lol. If you're leaking from in between the grip frame and the body, where the solenoid would be, it's possible that you might need a new one but still not likely. Most leaks with matrices are fixed with just new o rings.
I approve of this message.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:38 PM #9
pbkidminion
minion

pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobtheballer View Post
It could be the solenoid gasket. Or the bolt sail oring. I just had this problem and I cleaned/relubed the bolt sail and the solenoid gasket and it fixed the problem.
-Hell Survivors Mercenary #77-

Sandana Owners Club
pbkidminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:27 PM #10
cmdrsuds

noid gasket

http://www.ansgear.com/Dye_Solenoid_...igasketdm6.htm

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:04 PM #11
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
If this is your first Spool valve marker, then you might be making the mistake that every one on here has made, except for me, because I am perfect

Don't use to much lube, only should be shiny, and that's all.

The noid leak will be between the trigger frame and body, and might come out of the top of the trigger. It will not come out of the bolt area, but with gaskets so cheap from ans, it's worth getting, even as a spare because when they are gone, they are gone and will be 20 dollars from other places.

When/if you replace your noid gasket, do not do it with a cheap screwdriver. Ace hardware has the good screwdrivers in stock, they are not expensive and are nice to have. Buy yourself a good 0 and 1 of both phillips and standard, and they will last, be used, and good to have a around. You will strip the screws if you do not use the right screwdriver, and will over tighten them if you use a large screwdriver with multiple tips. I have repaired countless proto's due to over tightened noids, some damaged the threads in the body and required retapping and sometimes helicoils to get them to hold again, not cheap and the marker will always be "at risk" of failure.

When I get a new marker, I replace all the orings no matter on how they look, like starting fresh. On proto's I even replace the LPR orings and replace with all fresh lube. It's a good way to look for problems, see how well it was maintained and it's nice with a 100% clean start.
mymutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:34 PM #12
Mason74

Mason74 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mason74 supports Team VICIOUS
Mason74 is for the Gunfight
Mason74 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymutter View Post
If this is your first Spool valve marker, then you might be making the mistake that every one on here has made, except for me, because I am perfect

Don't use to much lube, only should be shiny, and that's all.

The noid leak will be between the trigger frame and body, and might come out of the top of the trigger. It will not come out of the bolt area, but with gaskets so cheap from ans, it's worth getting, even as a spare because when they are gone, they are gone and will be 20 dollars from other places.

When/if you replace your noid gasket, do not do it with a cheap screwdriver. Ace hardware has the good screwdrivers in stock, they are not expensive and are nice to have. Buy yourself a good 0 and 1 of both phillips and standard, and they will last, be used, and good to have a around. You will strip the screws if you do not use the right screwdriver, and will over tighten them if you use a large screwdriver with multiple tips. I have repaired countless proto's due to over tightened noids, some damaged the threads in the body and required retapping and sometimes helicoils to get them to hold again, not cheap and the marker will always be "at risk" of failure.

When I get a new marker, I replace all the orings no matter on how they look, like starting fresh. On proto's I even replace the LPR orings and replace with all fresh lube. It's a good way to look for problems, see how well it was maintained and it's nice with a 100% clean start.
That is assuming the leak is noid related. If the leak is coming out through the front of the marker and the feedneck, it could be a reg/lpr issue.

Also, if the leak is coming from the bolt, u'll need to check all the o rings. I had this problem on my pm8 recently, and the oring in the top hat was blown out, and had to basically reset my reg and lpr because my friend raised the pressure way too high on my reg for my pm8.
Mason74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:11 AM #13
Manu#12
B-Eastside

Manu#12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Manu#12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Are the PM6 and DM7 bolts interchangeable ?
Manu#12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:17 AM #14
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
No, unless you're talking about the garbage TechT L7 kit that ruins a DM/PM. Stock DM bolt is longer than a PM bolt and won't fit.

2014 Vapor FST

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:25 AM #15
Manu#12
B-Eastside

Manu#12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Manu#12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I was talking about the stock bolt ; thanks for the response tlmiller
Manu#12 is offline   Reply With Quote