Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-20-2012, 10:21 AM #22
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnoddings0364 View Post
There are 3 or 4 other countries in this world who have stricter gun laws than the US. Every single one of those countries has more deaths every month than the US has had this year.
That's simply not true. I think you hurt your cause when you make up or repeat this type of information as "fact."
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2012, 11:32 AM #23
pop_pop
Drilla all Day and Night

pop_pop owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pop_pop owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pop_pop has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pop_pop has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
pop_pop supports Empire
Quote:
Truth. 100%.

There are 3 or 4 other countries in this world who have stricter gun laws than the US. Every single one of those countries has more deaths every month than the US has had this year.

I agree that we need to have a more strict background check on those who are a contributing citizen and plan on purchasing or carrying a weapon. But, that will never happen. It's similar to government assistance. We have illegal residents in this country who are receiving more then they deserve because the background checks are lacking.

I have my permit to carry and I know the rules and laws surrounding that responsibility. A 16 year old has no right to have access to a shotgun for 1. 2, where were the parents? 5:30 in the afternoon and there was no one around except for a friend/"Witness"?

Tragic loss and an avoidable one at that.

/rant
Wow, c'mon, that's just a blatant lie:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ted_death_rate

just some recent numbers (not all the same year, this data is pretty hard to compile), and you'll notice that every single country with stricter gun control laws has fewer deaths every year than we do.

Certainly can't argue that a 16 shouldn't have access to a shotgun, though...perhaps if licensing and enforcement was even half as strict as it is to drive a car...
Old 12-20-2012, 11:40 AM #24
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seaneady plays in the APPA D4 division
seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Guns are NOT the problem period. There are only two people to blame in this situation. First would be the owner of the shot gun for leaving it where this idiot could get his hands on it. Second is the idiot who pulled the trigger. I am not opposed to closing gun show loop holes and believe anyone who tries to purchase or own a firearm should have to go through a thorough background check. I was only directing my frustation to the satement that guns in the US are the problem. They simply are not.

Florida Shakedown
seaneady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:33 PM #25
vincib
Pandamonium

vincib is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
vincib owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
vincib supports Pev's Paintball
Not sure I agree. By that thought we could say drugs are not the problem and neither are car for the traffic and congestion. But the focus has to be on something that can tangibly changed or altered. People are hard to change and behaviour takes decades to alter but we can take an item and by the use of laws and policy change the availability.
WHile agree that people are murdered by other means, gun related murder is over triple that of the next highest instrument of murder (atleast in the unthorough quick search of FBI stats I did).
SO it seems the greatest measurable effort would be by approaching the gun debate with some more options on the table than there have been before. And maybe that entails a whole of society approach to guns and mental health patients, or the encourangement to not just stand by when something or someone seems out of the norm. But to be involved, even when it seemingly is in an offensively personal capacity.
Just a thought
Old 12-20-2012, 08:31 PM #26
Cnoddings0364
**** Trolls

Cnoddings0364 plays in the PSP
Cnoddings0364 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cnoddings0364 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post

That's simply not true. I think you hurt your cause when you make up or repeat this type of information as "fact."
I'm not wrong. Maybe a little stretched as far as time (I.e month vs year. I think I misread/heard that).
Cnoddings0364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:03 PM #27
John

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I'm not wrong. Maybe a little stretched as far as time (I.e month vs year. I think I misread/heard that).
Still wrong. Again, people like you trying to use half remembered statistics actually weaken their own argument when everyone else realizes you are just making things up or repeating someone else who made up a statistic.

Just to show you how wrong you are, England has way tighter gun laws and there were only 41 or so gun related homicides. There were over 9,000 in the US. No country in the world has even close to 12 times that many homicides by firearm so it is 100% impossible for you to be even close to correct.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:50 PM #28
Cnoddings0364
**** Trolls

Quote:

Still wrong. Again, people like you trying to use half remembered statistics actually weaken their own argument when everyone else realizes you are just making things up or repeating someone else who made up a statistic.

Just to show you how wrong you are, England has way tighter gun laws and there were only 41 or so gun related homicides. There were over 9,000 in the US. No country in the world has even close to 12 times that many homicides by firearm so it is 100% impossible for you to be even close to correct.
Lol ok...

My apologies
Old 12-20-2012, 11:25 PM #29
John

Annual Supporting Member
And now you're using the dodgy wrong too.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:26 PM #30
Cnoddings0364
**** Trolls

Quote:
And now you're using the dodgy wrong too.
OMG... I thought this was about a shooting?! Get off my cock John.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:46 PM #31
John

Annual Supporting Member
I'll give you a minute to edit your post and take out the insults. I know you're trying to defend your friend, but your making yourselves and your whole argument look bad by attacking me.

It's not my fault your friend made up stats. Lies are a terrible way to convince someone you are right. It backfires once they recognize the lie.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:47 PM #32
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdude12 View Post
Alright i feel as though my .02 is need here

Where oh where do i begin?
First off its not the gun's fault worthless pieces of **** are killing people. I don't see guns running down the interstate killing people. What i do see is ****ed in the head people killing people. If the dude seriously wanted to cause hard he could have leveled the school with a bomb and killed everyone inside the ****ing building. I bet the media would not give a flying ****.

Lol. Angry much?

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:51 PM #33
pbdude12
hATe

pbdude12 plays in the PSP
pbdude12 is playing at Living Legends III
pbdude12 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbdude12 supports Team VICIOUS
U.S. does not lead the world in firearms related deaths. Countries were gangs and drugs are a problem top the list, even where there is strict gun control.

For example, back in 2003, Brazil passed laws making it illegal to own unregistered guns, to carry guns outside one’s home or business, to sell guns without a background check, or to buy a gun before the age of 25. Penalties were also increased. A year later, a large voluntary national disarmament program began and continues to this day, yielding hundreds of thousands of guns each year. In 2004, firearm homicide, which had been increasing steadily for a decade, fell 9 percent. But that has since changed in Brazil. Cities like São Paulo have seen recent outbursts in violence. Unlike the U.S., gun violence is mostly gang related and the innocent victims are usually those caught in the crossfire on the city streets outside their homes rather than in the class room
Old 12-20-2012, 11:51 PM #34
Cnoddings0364
**** Trolls

Quote:
I'll give you a minute to edit your post and take out the insults. I know you're trying to defend your friend, but your making yourselves and your whole argument look bad by attacking me.

It's not my fault your friend made up stats. Lies are a terrible way to convince someone you are right. It backfires once they recognize the lie.
I didn't make up stats... I didn't come in here with lies or misleading information, or so I thought. If my information is wrong, my bad.

But I agree, the only people who are so uptight about these gun laws are people who have no knowledge on the topic. I hated the idea of guns being around my family until I went through the class. Completely changed my prospective.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:58 PM #35
pbdude12
hATe

pbdude12 plays in the PSP
pbdude12 is playing at Living Legends III
pbdude12 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbdude12 supports Team VICIOUS
This is off topic but just proves that its the liberals and people not knowledgable with guns trying to get them banned. why are we not banning chemicals that can be used to make bombs?

the Oklahoma blast claimed 168 lives, including 19 children under the age of 6 and injured more than 680 people. damaged 324 buildings within a 16 block radius, destroyed or burned 86 cars, and shattered glass in 258 nearby buildings. The bomb was estimated to have caused at least $652 million worth of damage.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:03 AM #36
John

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdude12 View Post
U.S. does not lead the world in firearms related deaths. Countries were gangs and drugs are a problem top the list
No one said the US lead the world in firearm deaths. And comparing the US to places that are almost a warzone due to guns and drugs is silly. This wasn't gangs. This was a kid with access he shouldn't have had. I don't blame the gun. I do blame the owner.

And I was serious about you editing out the insults in your posts. We don't allow that here.