PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-16-2012, 09:26 AM #1
chunksmyhero

chunksmyhero owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bolt sticking?

I bought a PM5 used - it was well cared for / upgraded by the previous owner, only missing eyes. I thought it would be a cheap and great learner marker for me, and I've taken it apart and cleaned and put it back together multiple times successfully. I didn't repair the eyes yet because that top back allen screw is stripped round, so I'll have to carefully drill at some point. I really really like it, for a starter electronic marker it's been a dream.

However, I put it back together most recently and am having a problem that is hopefully obvious to you marker gurus.

When I shoot, there is a delay between the next paintball feeding. BOOM - foosh - foosh - foosh - until I pause and hear the hopper kick in. I've tried different hoppers, and the hopper is super fast pouring into a pod caddy. When I pull the trigger BOOM -- I can pause 1 second -- hopper whirr -- BOOM.

Any ideas?

Don't taunt, tease or otherwise torment the n00b.
chunksmyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2012, 06:45 PM #2
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
its hard to tell by you describing it, does it shoot fine dry fireing? does it choke out, or have any sort of stick?

it could be a LPR/dwell issue

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:06 PM #3
chunksmyhero

Dry firing it and it appears to shoot great, no loss of pressure that I can feel - normal consistent trigger response.

This was from memory at the field though, I'm going to put it through the paces tomorrow when I can really sit down and take things apart and put them back together again.

I guess I was just hoping for the "Oh -- you have to flip the on/off dealy" solution.

Don't taunt, tease or otherwise torment the n00b.
chunksmyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:36 PM #4
marcogyver

Hard to tell from description but perhaps the bolt is sticking forward and not seating fully back and the hopper can't force another ball into breach. Could be an issue with lpr setting too low or swollen oring on bolt not allowing it move freely.
I had an issue with the bolt sticking and it would make a very awkward sound after shooting. I changed several orings and relubed all was fine.
marcogyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:19 PM #5
Mason74

Mason74 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mason74 supports Team VICIOUS
Mason74 is for the Gunfight
Mason74 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmyhero View Post
I bought a PM5 used - it was well cared for / upgraded by the previous owner, only missing eyes. I thought it would be a cheap and great learner marker for me, and I've taken it apart and cleaned and put it back together multiple times successfully. I didn't repair the eyes yet because that top back allen screw is stripped round, so I'll have to carefully drill at some point. I really really like it, for a starter electronic marker it's been a dream.

However, I put it back together most recently and am having a problem that is hopefully obvious to you marker gurus.

When I shoot, there is a delay between the next paintball feeding. BOOM - foosh - foosh - foosh - until I pause and hear the hopper kick in. I've tried different hoppers, and the hopper is super fast pouring into a pod caddy. When I pull the trigger BOOM -- I can pause 1 second -- hopper whirr -- BOOM.

Any ideas?
Check this video out. The LPR is in a dif place but it should help -

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/90bQP--D4Ag
Mason74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:20 PM #6
Mason74

Mason74 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mason74 supports Team VICIOUS
Mason74 is for the Gunfight
Mason74 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
This video explains bolt stick - Check out this video on YouTube: http://youtu.be/5Sp9yGEEyY0
Mason74 is offline   Reply With Quote