Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-18-2012, 04:39 AM #64
Jonathan UK Refs

It's raining here in the UK at the moment.

I blame the paint. And the refs.
Jonathan UK Refs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2012, 11:02 AM #65
ThizZ
SD Pirates

ThizZ supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanton23 View Post
Why ***** about this stuff? Valken paint is not bad. I use it all the time. Valken may be in psp 2013. If I could afford it I'd play psp and nppl
Valken sucks dick. High grade and low grade
Old 12-18-2012, 11:13 AM #66
vietmy
Haglesmagle

You know I would say the same about valken paint, however in Vegas, yes it was a little dimpled, but it actually flew very straight, broke like a dream on them and never broke in my gun so i cant say to much bad about Redemption pro any more.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:25 PM #67
LeslieIreland
PBRack Sales Rep/PDX VexX

LeslieIreland owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LeslieIreland owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietmy View Post
You know I would say the same about valken paint, however in Vegas, yes it was a little dimpled, but it actually flew very straight, broke like a dream on them and never broke in my gun so i cant say to much bad about Redemption pro any more.
Same experience with the Vegas paint... but yeah, we've had plenty o' crappy Valken too... glad Vegas was good though.

Official PBRack Slinger

Let me hook your team up with the latest gear. Flow pants, Jetpacks, Jerseys and swag!

leslie@pbrack.com

http://www.facebook.com/PDXVexX137
LeslieIreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:41 PM #68
hairy132

hairy132 is a Professional paintball player
hairy132 plays in the PSP
hairy132 plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0St1LE View Post
Pro tip : Learn to use proper sentence structure and grammar and people will pay more attention to you. The NPPL hasn't been what it was for quite awhile, it's called change and it's not such a monopoly anymore. Either way I had a good time playing and had no real problems except for extremely shotty reffing which is usual at any paintball tournament. The one thing I was kind of disappointed with was the lack of any access for people to watch who weren't playing or friends of those playing. Nobody off the street could walk in and watch without paying $10 for a grandstand seat and getting baked like a cake in the sun.
I know this is hard to regulate but i saw a lot of mom, sisters, girlfiends, sons, and friends get turned down at the entrance to the pits, at vegas on sunday. There were not given any direction as to where to go and could not watch any games from where the pit entrance was...Maybe that walkway could have been clear for people to watch. I also agree that making people pay to watch prelims is not a good way to make people want to come watch an event.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:15 PM #69
SDki77a

Wow, I agree that the NPPL is not what it once was as many people have already said. To jump coclusions saying that it is the begining of the end may be a little drastic especially considering that the original NPPL filed for bankruptcy in 08 after the Houston event was cancelled due to tornadoes.

Field 3 did have an airhorn to signal games... for about 2 matches in the morning until it stopped working, at that time the issue was addressed that there was no start signal and it was the league's desicion not to replace it. But of all the teams playing on that field not one team decided to run to the store and buy a replacement horn or even a whistle for the field to benefit not just their team but every team that played on that field, instead you would rather complain on the internet that that was the reason your team didn't do well is your own fault. *Furthermore there was even a team with a deaf player that played on field 3 and they never complained about not knowing the game began.

And about the reffing; I never let the reff's decide the outcome of my game. I am a multi sport athlete and have lived and trained by a piece of advice that one of my coaches had given me years ago, "if you blame other elements for your failure than that is what you'll always be...a failure". Reff's are human and do make mistakes, just like every other refferee in every other sport no one is perfect but work through it.
..oh and pack hits will get you a 1-for-1 if the situation allows it. dont just assume that they won't. And you know what they say about assuming, it makes an a** of you and me.
SDki77a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:25 AM #70
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDki77a View Post
Field 3 did have an airhorn to signal games... for about 2 matches in the morning until it stopped working, at that time the issue was addressed that there was no start signal and it was the league's desicion not to replace it. But of all the teams playing on that field not one team decided to run to the store and buy a replacement horn or even a whistle for the field to benefit not just their team but every team that played on that field, instead you would rather complain on the internet that that was the reason your team didn't do well is your own fault.
The league takes in thousands of dollars in entry fees from teams JUST TO PLAY; now the same teams that paid their entry and chip fees (not to mention travel and paint money) have to go get their own starting signals? Absolute bull****.

Maybe the teams should pay for their own venue and bunkers as well? They'd probably do a better job at putting on events than the NPPL.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:11 AM #71
connormccron
Meth

connormccron plays in the PSP
connormccron is playing at Living Legends V
connormccron supports DLX Technology
Quote:
And about the reffing; I never let the reff's decide the outcome of my game. I am a multi sport athlete and have lived and trained by a piece of advice that one of my coaches had given me years ago, "if you blame other elements for your failure than that is what you'll always be...a failure". Reff's are human and do make mistakes, just like every other refferee in every other sport no one is perfect but work through it.
..oh and pack hits will get you a 1-for-1 if the situation allows it. dont just assume that they won't. And you know what they say about assuming, it makes an a** of you and me.
Mother ****ing dot!

Joint Force D1 PSP/NPPL
MACDEV | VPL | EMPIRE | PaintballGear.ca | Ambush Paintball
connormccron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:00 AM #72
EmpireEmperor

EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
Quote:
Field 3 did have an airhorn to signal games... for about 2 matches in the morning until it stopped working, at that time the issue was addressed that there was no start signal and it was the league's desicion not to replace it. But of all the teams playing on that field not one team decided to run to the store and buy a replacement horn or even a whistle for the field to benefit not just their team but every team that played on that field, instead you would rather complain on the internet that that was the reason your team didn't do well is your own fault. *Furthermore there was even a team with a deaf player that played on field 3 and they never complained about not knowing the game began.
So it falls on the players to fix mistakes made by the event staff?

...you're joking, right?
EmpireEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:25 PM #73
i got an ion
RIP Royals

i got an ion plays in the PSP
i got an ion plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
The league takes in thousands of dollars in entry fees from teams JUST TO PLAY; now the same teams that paid their entry and chip fees (not to mention travel and paint money) have to go get their own starting signals? Absolute bull****.

Maybe the teams should pay for their own venue and bunkers as well? They'd probably do a better job at putting on events than the NPPL.
who do you think is paying for the venues and bunkers? we as players and teams are paying the nppl to give us a date, location and a bit of organization. I'm fairly certain they do not reuse their sets of bunkers, you can buy used sets from the NPPL/PSP.

As for the second part of your statement, running a better event. Try it, I'm dead serious about this. Go to your local field and say, "Hey, our team "x" wants to put on a 3/5 man whatever tournament at your field blah blah blah." If they agree, then you find out how much you need to charge for entry/paint etc. Then well say your team has 10ish people(i dont know for sure, just putting out a number) is every single one of them really capable of reffing on the field? what about a chrono ref? who fills out scorecards? who does the scoreboard(whiteboard most of the time locally), who calls for teams? etc. etc. etc. etc.

honestly if you don't want to travel to cool places and play on a field that has brand new bunkers for the event so be it, its truly not for everyone, and i dont think ive met a single person who told me it was cheap.

Bottom line, no one is forcing anyone to play in the NPPL, PSP or paintball in general, we do it because we love it and the NPPL just helps us out with that and I for one, am sick and tired of seeing/hearing all the complaining.

NPPL for giving us a series to play, see you all in HB.

Sacramento DMG

Capital Edge Paintball Park(CEPP)
i got an ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:43 AM #74
FreakinJB

Quote:
Wow, I agree that the NPPL is not what it once was as many people have already said. To jump coclusions saying that it is the begining of the end may be a little drastic especially considering that the original NPPL filed for bankruptcy in 08 after the Houston event was cancelled due to tornadoes.

Congratulations, you're the biggest moron I've ever seen post here. I'd believe you if you closed your statement with "I've never played competitive paintball a day in my life". Hold on guys, gonna go take our rental car down the vegas strip to buy an airhorn! all the stores around here sell them! Anyone have any gas money, i spent all mine on entry!
FreakinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:18 PM #75
LeslieIreland
PBRack Sales Rep/PDX VexX

LeslieIreland owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LeslieIreland owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakinJB View Post
Hold on guys, gonna go take our rental car down the vegas strip to buy an airhorn! all the stores around here sell them! Anyone have any gas money, i spent all mine on entry!
Right?? LOL. I mean I get the whole "do something about it, or stop complaining" thing, but for the amount of chedda we put out as players already, I would agree there are certain "necessities" we should be able to reasonably expect to be handled. Especially at the D4 level, where there is usually so little sponsorship help, that those players are paying 100% out-of-pocket. No one would expect a pro to run out and buy something as basic as a "starting horn/whistle/whatever" and THEY have minimal out-of-pocket expenses AND enough staff to ensure those things are taken care of. If NPPL wants to stay viable for another season (and beyond) they have to ensure the divisional teams start feeling like they are actually WANTED, and their participation and money is appreciated, instead of feeling like step-children that get to spend a couple thousand dollars for the "privlege" to play NEAR the pros.... if this league is working on this, then we're 100% behind them and will continue to compete... if not, they will continue to see teams jump to other leagues where they feel their monies being spent are giving them a "better bang for their bux" !! I hold out faith in NPPL, but have to see these basic issues at least being addressed or our team will also make other, more financially-viable, arrangements for our 2013 competitive event choices. Don't give up on us NPPL, and we won't give up on you!

Official PBRack Slinger

Let me hook your team up with the latest gear. Flow pants, Jetpacks, Jerseys and swag!

leslie@pbrack.com

http://www.facebook.com/PDXVexX137
LeslieIreland is offline   Reply With Quote