Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 10:19 PM #1450
Soviet Tacos
 
 
Soviet Tacos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Venezuela
Soviet Tacos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Any advice on what I can do better in my mixes to add some flavor?
So far i'm just a bedroom learner.
https://soundcloud.com/ali3nb0y/the-saga-begins
Soviet Tacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2012, 10:58 PM #1451
Pizzaman
End Of The Line
 
Pizzaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanuelp View Post
Busy with finals. They have me bent over at the moment.

Edit:
I did this a few days ago. I need a very specific opinion from you guys (but other opinions/CC is also welcome): does this sound too cluttered? I can't decide if there's too much going on or not.

https://soundcloud.com/manuelgerardo/happy-finals
FINALS ARE DONE SIR.

You know what this means for us?
__________________
“Be not afraid of any man, No matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me. And I will equalize.”

"He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither."

Pizzaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:59 AM #1452
s0c0mnati0n
What hit.. pssh thats rub
 
s0c0mnati0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanuelp View Post
Busy with finals. They have me bent over at the moment.

Edit:
I did this a few days ago. I need a very specific opinion from you guys (but other opinions/CC is also welcome): does this sound too cluttered? I can't decide if there's too much going on or not.

https://soundcloud.com/manuelgerardo/happy-finals
Does sound a bit cluttered. Easy way to fix though. On that background arpeggio running on the downward shifting 1/8th notes i would add a little bit of delay as well as possibly putting in a nice warm reverb on a return track. Should give it that extra warmth to help it blend into the track instead of try and push out. And also, i can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something about that one synth thats pushing the lfo on the 1/4 that bugs me. Feels like the resonance is too high on it, kinda makes it feel too twangy for the feel of the track. Other than that i like it alot. Has some pretty huge potential to be a great chilldown track.

http://soundcloud.com/patrick_s_morgan/tanec/s-e925l

This is a track i just finished today. Part of my new album Universal Language. Ive learned a **** ton since i last posted in here. Things have been going incredible as well. Lemme know what yall think. I also have a few remixes that i am releasing early january. I'll post you up the private links so yall can check them out if you want to. Good to see everyone has been progressing as well.

http://soundcloud.com/patrick_s_morgan/valle/s-38rgk

http://soundcloud.com/patrick_s_morg...-gonna/s-X67JI

http://soundcloud.com/patrick_s_morg...d-moon/s-kdd57
s0c0mnati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:08 PM #1453
gmanuelp
|\|/~ADP~\|/|
 
gmanuelp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
gmanuelp posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzaman View Post
FINALS ARE DONE SIR.

You know what this means for us?
Not for me. My last final is this Wednesday. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0c0mnati0n View Post
Does sound a bit cluttered. Easy way to fix though. On that background arpeggio running on the downward shifting 1/8th notes i would add a little bit of delay as well as possibly putting in a nice warm reverb on a return track. Should give it that extra warmth to help it blend into the track instead of try and push out. And also, i can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something about that one synth thats pushing the lfo on the 1/4 that bugs me. Feels like the resonance is too high on it, kinda makes it feel too twangy for the feel of the track. Other than that i like it alot. Has some pretty huge potential to be a great chilldown track.

http://soundcloud.com/patrick_s_morgan/tanec/s-e925l

This is a track i just finished today. Part of my new album Universal Language. Ive learned a **** ton since i last posted in here. Things have been going incredible as well. Lemme know what yall think. I also have a few remixes that i am releasing early january. I'll post you up the private links so yall can check them out if you want to. Good to see everyone has been progressing as well.

http://soundcloud.com/patrick_s_morgan/valle/s-38rgk

http://soundcloud.com/patrick_s_morg...-gonna/s-X67JI

http://soundcloud.com/patrick_s_morg...d-moon/s-kdd57
Will definitely try that out.

As for you song, I really really like it.
I only really have one suggestion. That snare that you dropped at around 2:13 feels like it's not punchy enough; I'm assuming you compressed that snare with a lot of release. Maybe if you layer up that snare, one being the one you have right now and the other being the same one (or another if you'd like) and compressing it with more attack and less release. But if you like how your snare is then more power to you; just my 2 cents.

Other than that I really like everything else. Your sounds seem to blend with each other and your mixdown was nicely done.
__________________
Vimeo |~AfterDark Productions~| Vimeo
YouTube |~
AfterDark Productions~| YouTube
Small Gear Sale
gmanuelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:24 PM #1454
drtbkr561
AHY
 
drtbkr561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanuelp View Post
Why would someone hesitate to admit they use the Vengeance packs?
Sorry on the late reply, workin late nights in the studio. Im going to correct myself, was a bit intoxicated . I LOVE my vengeance drum samples. you can hear them in ANY tune. the vengeance FX samples tend to be a bit over used.

Just did a track for two of my friends.
https://soundcloud.com/bltproduction...watch-you-burn
Produced the beat as well.
also got to hang out with Questlove at Dome over the weekend. super chill dude, had lots of good advice.
__________________
Old...feedback
D6MX

Last edited by drtbkr561 : 12-09-2012 at 10:28 PM.
drtbkr561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:09 PM #1455
xander1290
OU
 
xander1290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: OH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0c0mnati0n View Post
Does sound a bit cluttered. Easy way to fix though. On that background arpeggio running on the downward shifting 1/8th notes i would add a little bit of delay as well as possibly putting in a nice warm reverb on a return track. Should give it that extra warmth to help it blend into the track instead of try and push out. And also, i can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something about that one synth thats pushing the lfo on the 1/4 that bugs me. Feels like the resonance is too high on it, kinda makes it feel too twangy for the feel of the track. Other than that i like it alot. Has some pretty huge potential to be a great chilldown track.

http://soundcloud.com/patrick_s_morgan/tanec/s-e925l

This is a track i just finished today. Part of my new album Universal Language. Ive learned a **** ton since i last posted in here. Things have been going incredible as well. Lemme know what yall think. I also have a few remixes that i am releasing early january. I'll post you up the private links so yall can check them out if you want to. Good to see everyone has been progressing as well.

http://soundcloud.com/patrick_s_morgan/valle/s-38rgk

http://soundcloud.com/patrick_s_morg...-gonna/s-X67JI

http://soundcloud.com/patrick_s_morg...d-moon/s-kdd57
Pat your tracks are all pretty spectacular man. Nice work. Would love to send you some of my work for some critiques if you didnt mind.
__________________
Trauma Fan Club Member #39
FEEDBACK
xander1290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:48 AM #1456
s0c0mnati0n
What hit.. pssh thats rub
 
s0c0mnati0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanuelp View Post
Not for me. My last final is this Wednesday. :/



Will definitely try that out.

As for you song, I really really like it.
I only really have one suggestion. That snare that you dropped at around 2:13 feels like it's not punchy enough; I'm assuming you compressed that snare with a lot of release. Maybe if you layer up that snare, one being the one you have right now and the other being the same one (or another if you'd like) and compressing it with more attack and less release. But if you like how your snare is then more power to you; just my 2 cents.

Other than that I really like everything else. Your sounds seem to blend with each other and your mixdown was nicely done.
Thank you my friend. I personally like it. I feel like it has just the right amount of punch so as to create that tension on the build. Making it have more punch is an easy task. But i like it where it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander1290 View Post
Pat your tracks are all pretty spectacular man. Nice work. Would love to send you some of my work for some critiques if you didnt mind.
Anytime. Just lemme know. Inbox me if you want my drop box


EDIT: ALSO.... I have been up all night in the studio creating this. It was one of those nights that everything just kind of went perfectly hand in hand. Im sending it to my vocalist as soon as she wakes up. NOWHERE near done. But i want yalls input on it to let me know if it sounds too cluttered.

http://soundcloud.com/patrick_s_morg...itled1/s-DPAui

Last edited by s0c0mnati0n : 12-14-2012 at 06:35 AM.
s0c0mnati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:41 PM #1457
gmanuelp
|\|/~ADP~\|/|
 
gmanuelp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
gmanuelp posts videos on PbNation
^^
__________________
Vimeo |~AfterDark Productions~| Vimeo
YouTube |~
AfterDark Productions~| YouTube
Small Gear Sale
gmanuelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:56 PM #1458
johnnyblast
 
 
johnnyblast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: -Los Angeles-
johnnyblast owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dumb question....

when converting mp3 file to WAV format, does it makes the sound better??? if i downloaded WAV from the start then it would be different but converting compressed mp3 file which i downloaded and then expend to WAV format, makes any difference??
johnnyblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:14 PM #1459
gmanuelp
|\|/~ADP~\|/|
 
gmanuelp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
gmanuelp posts videos on PbNation
My guess would be that it will not make your sound better.
__________________
Vimeo |~AfterDark Productions~| Vimeo
YouTube |~
AfterDark Productions~| YouTube
Small Gear Sale
gmanuelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:18 PM #1460
Etam
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblast View Post
dumb question....

when converting mp3 file to WAV format, does it makes the sound better??? if i downloaded WAV from the start then it would be different but converting compressed mp3 file which i downloaded and then expend to WAV format, makes any difference??
can you turn a 2 piece pie into 10 pieces?
Etam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:55 PM #1461
DJ Bob (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
**** we have a DJ thread?

Do I need to introduce myself?
DJ Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:29 PM #1462
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar
 
MaTtBoy-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
 has been a member for 10 years
Yes. Also, make sure to read the OP.

FINALS ARE OOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVERRRRRRRRRR. Time to get a few tracks done! I'll also make sure to listen to everyone's tracks and give some feedback.
__________________
"Originally posted by elTwitcho
You have taught me all I know and have made me the wise man which you see before you today MaTtBoy, Thankyou."
"Originally posted by SecretAsianMan
You truly are the funniest poster on ST MaTt."
"Originally posted by SquirrelMaster
You are my master, MaTtBoy."
That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Last edited by MaTtBoy-II : 12-14-2012 at 09:45 PM.
MaTtBoy-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:17 PM #1463
DJ Bob (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012


Here's my lastest.
DJ Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:32 AM #1464
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks
 
yuik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bob View Post
Not a fan BOB what else you got
__________________
if you have an ebay account and want to make 3$ in paypal for 5 min of your time pm me!
Closed Bolt Ballers!

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:01 PM #1465
scvrush03
blue collar blood
 
scvrush03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SL,UT / LA
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bob View Post
http://www.yoube.com/watch?v=TL03KgaCqc4

Here's my lastest.
**** crap BOB. NEXT
__________________
scvrush03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:40 PM #1466
gmanuelp
|\|/~ADP~\|/|
 
gmanuelp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
gmanuelp posts videos on PbNation
Any of you guys have any advice/experience on making reese-like bass lines? Something along the lines of neurofunk? I know it involves fiddling with the phase.
__________________
Vimeo |~AfterDark Productions~| Vimeo
YouTube |~
AfterDark Productions~| YouTube
Small Gear Sale
gmanuelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:23 PM #1467
surge101
Hayley?
 
surge101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Florida
surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
surge101 is for the Gunfight
surge101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
surge101 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Would you guys suggest learning on a free DAW before switching to something better? Or would that be a waste of time?
__________________
Inappropriate signature removed.
surge101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:44 PM #1468
DJ Bob (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Alright, one of my older favorites.

DJ Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:20 PM #1469
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar
 
MaTtBoy-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge101 View Post
Would you guys suggest learning on a free DAW before switching to something better? Or would that be a waste of time?
Pick one and stick with it. Before you can learn to produce you have to learn how to navigate the DAW. Switching DAW's too often takes away from learning to produce.


And Pat, all your tracks are pretty solid dude. Nice mixdowns, nice arrangments, and great choices of synths. The only criticism I can think of is to give your beats/percussion more intricacies and variations.
__________________
"Originally posted by elTwitcho
You have taught me all I know and have made me the wise man which you see before you today MaTtBoy, Thankyou."
"Originally posted by SecretAsianMan
You truly are the funniest poster on ST MaTt."
"Originally posted by SquirrelMaster
You are my master, MaTtBoy."
That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Last edited by MaTtBoy-II : 12-17-2012 at 11:00 PM.
MaTtBoy-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:30 AM #1470
gmanuelp
|\|/~ADP~\|/|
 
gmanuelp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
gmanuelp posts videos on PbNation
I definitely agree. Sticking to a single DAW and only a few (no more than 3) synths will help you learn a lot about production and how everything works. Once you get more experience you'll be able to switch around a little.


Random thought:
If I could describe to anyone what making electronic music is like I think I would have to say 20% knowing what you're doing and 80% of "I wonder what this does."
__________________
Vimeo |~AfterDark Productions~| Vimeo
YouTube |~
AfterDark Productions~| YouTube
Small Gear Sale
gmanuelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump