Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 01:15 PM #799
juggernaught_lives
Mowing Fools Since 1987

juggernaught_lives plays in the PSP
juggernaught_lives is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmaxham View Post
ight, ill test it out sunday. currently im out of paint and air. thank you for all the suggestions! ill try and find an allen key that fits that top hat now..... ud think a gun in this price range would have a key for the reg......

How did it go?

Don't feel bad, Luxes don't come with the big allen key either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vissa View Post
Hm, can you explain that top hat screw issue maybe some more? Where do I have to look? Then that will be my last option!

Thanks for the help guys!!!
I believe you can find the fix in Pro-Mods guide. Sounds like the same issue where the Top Hat shifts and the pressure spikes.
Dye i4 LENSES and MASK BAGS F/S/T
Disruptive Custom Anodized Full Barrel Kit with 15" Carbon Fiber Tip and Barrel Case
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2012, 06:38 PM #800
Dan0102

Annual Supporting Member
Dan0102 is BST Trusted
Dan0102 supports Team VICIOUS
Vapor leak

I've done everything I can think of and followed ProMod's guide to no avail, I'm posting here hoping we can get this fixed before I have to send it in to Machine.

The low-down:
-I'm using a brand new Ninja Pro Reg with all the shims removed.
-My Vapor was missing a few o-rings when I got it and subsequently was leaking from everywhere.
-After replacing every o-ring I aired it up today and and it was leaking down the barrel and the marker would not cycle air (pushed the bolt forward instead of locking it back)
-so I replaced the two O-rings in the breech area, and the two O-rings on the bolt guide (mind you, these were brand new O-rings anyway...)
-Air it back up and it starts blowing air (Leak < blow) out of the vent port
-Replace the O-rings ProMod mentioned here and it's been leaking there still.

Here's what I think may be the problem, but I have no technical knowledge on how to troubleshoot these:

-The solenoid is busted (How? looks perfectly fine, and clicks when I play with the trigger)
-The regulator is broke and pushing way too much air into the solenoid causing it to blow out the vent?
-F%#K me it's more trouble than I can possibly hope to overcome?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I bought this marker knowing it wasn't working, but I couldn't have imagined having this much trouble with it.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 PM #801
paintballrdaking
satttheman

i love these guns
Old 12-09-2012, 07:27 PM #802
Killabot
MoFo Gun Slinger

Killabot is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Killabot owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Dan0102 I would just send it to machine and have the guys there take care of it for you. Super easy and they will get it running like new or send it to pro mod. Either way its fixed and you arent scratching your head for days.
1 of 1 Pooty Clone GT
JMJ Featherlight Excalibur 04
Ironmen Timmy
Classic Timmy
Old 12-09-2012, 10:52 PM #803
Silencio

Annual Supporting Member
Silencio has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Silencio has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0102 View Post
I've done everything I can think of and followed ProMod's guide to no avail, I'm posting here hoping we can get this fixed before I have to send it in to Machine.

The low-down:
-My Vapor was missing a few o-rings when I got it and subsequently was leaking from everywhere.
-After replacing every o-ring I aired it up today and and it was leaking down the barrel and the marker would not cycle air (pushed the bolt forward instead of locking it back)
-so I replaced the two O-rings in the breech area, and the two O-rings on the bolt guide (mind you, these were brand new O-rings anyway...)

Here's what I think may be the problem, but I have no technical knowledge on how to troubleshoot these:

-The solenoid is busted (How? looks perfectly fine, and clicks when I play with the trigger)
-The regulator is broke and pushing way too much air into the solenoid causing it to blow out the vent?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I bought this marker knowing it wasn't working, but I couldn't have imagined having this much trouble with it.
make sure the bolt bumper oring is in place. I saw one the other day that was leaking and the bumper was missing. Replaced this and all was well.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:26 PM #804
juggernaught_lives
Mowing Fools Since 1987

I would say check the sail, front can oring or front bolt guide oring
Disruptive Custom Anodized Full Barrel Kit with 15" Carbon Fiber Tip and Barrel Case
Old 12-09-2012, 11:46 PM #805
Vissa

Vissa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I had that same issue when I used my friends tank today. We both use Ninja Pro with only one shim in place. With his tank the Vapor could fire a couple of shots and then the bolt stays in forward position and leaked. With mine no problem. Strange!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:43 AM #806
juggernaught_lives
Mowing Fools Since 1987

Most Likely it's the ones I mark in green. the other 2 are a high probability. Even if you changed the orings changed them again and lube accordingly
Old 12-10-2012, 09:17 AM #807
jus201

Annual Supporting Member
jus201 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jus201 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
jus201 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:

The low-down:

Hey Man,

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I had a VERY similar experience to you with everything that happened to missing o rings to not being able to get my gun to chrono past 230/ 240. For the longest time I thought it was the orings and well to make a long story short. Unfortunately, it was my solenoid, I don't know how either because my gun was brand new also but that was the cause. I realized this when I took my gun to the paintball shop and my friend said we tried everything except the solenoid. We switched out the solenoid with another vapor solenoid and boom no more problems. So, I explained it to vapor and I sent out my gun there and they replaced the solenoid for free because its still under warranty. I am just currently waiting to get my gun back. We may have been one of the rare cases that is happened to but Machine will get you squared away. I know you rather not send it in but I would try a solenoid swap and see if that was the case.

Ball Till You Drop
Meadowlands Paintball - Eminent - On Target Paintball
Old 12-10-2012, 05:12 PM #808
Dan0102

Annual Supporting Member
Dan0102 is BST Trusted
Yeah I just sent it to Machine. How was the turnaround time for yours? Fairly quick?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:24 PM #809
Automatic Thrill

Annual Supporting Member
Automatic Thrill is BST Trusted
Automatic Thrill owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Automatic Thrill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Automatic Thrill is for the Gunfight
Automatic Thrill is for the Gunfight
Automatic Thrill owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMod View Post
That being said, I have a threshold that'll outshoot EVERY modern marker. when people dry-fire it, they swear it's not chrono'ing, but once you put paint in it, it's shooting 310.
Truth! I was amazed when I was dry firing it, and then we shot some reballs. Awesome work!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:21 PM #810
Razgriz183

Annual Supporting Member
Razgriz183 plays in the APPA D5 division
Razgriz183 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Yeah I just sent it to Machine. How was the turnaround time for yours? Fairly quick?
1st time i've sent it to them i got it back in 2 days after they received it... 2nd time i sent it to them... well it's been 2 weeks... since they received it

Ken stopped replying to my email... and now Jay stopped lol I think they stole my marker hahaha.

Supposedly they shipped it last wednesday
Old 12-11-2012, 01:31 PM #811
jus201

Annual Supporting Member
jus201 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jus201 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
jus201 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz183 View Post
1st time i've sent it to them i got it back in 2 days after they received it... 2nd time i sent it to them... well it's been 2 weeks... since they received it

Ken stopped replying to my email... and now Jay stopped lol I think they stole my marker hahaha.

Supposedly they shipped it last wednesday
Same thing with me. I would try and reach out again. I reached out to them a couple of times and its been a while also. I spoke with Ken a few days ago. He was out for a week because he was sick. They shipped out my marker out yesterday.

Ball Till You Drop
Meadowlands Paintball - Eminent - On Target Paintball
Old 12-11-2012, 01:42 PM #812
kwb0748

kwb0748 is playing at Living Legends V
Yes, sorry guys I have been out sick for 9 days. But am back in full swing, well semi full swing. All guns have gone back out via USPS. Again let me say sorry, being sick put me behind but all is caught up. Normal turn around is 2-3 business days.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:05 PM #813
caspaballa

caspaballa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
caspaballa supports Team VICIOUS
caspaballa supports Team VICIOUS
caspaballa supports Empire
Im excited to get my vapor looks like some amazing guns will machine be putting any other high end markers?
Vego 10 Team Edition
MY OLD FEEDBACK +9/-0
Buy A Luxe!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:37 PM #814
impulsejunkie

How do I set my vapor to psp
Old 12-13-2012, 07:50 PM #815
BELOWZERO
2JZGTE POWERED

Annual Supporting Member
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends V
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends VI
BELOWZERO owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
BELOWZERO supports Team VICIOUS
BELOWZERO plays in the APPA D4 division
BELOWZERO is Legendary
BELOWZERO is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Thrill View Post
Truth! I was amazed when I was dry firing it, and then we shot some reballs. Awesome work!
my threshy was the same and i dont know why????????? lol i sold it off the a long time a go but it is still the quietest gun ive shot

MUST STOP GUN BEING A GUN WHORE
FOR ALL YOUR BOBLONG NEEDS PM TIM2THOUSAND4
Field of Dreams
900-999-999
Old 12-13-2012, 08:39 PM #816
Dan0102

Annual Supporting Member
Dan0102 is BST Trusted
Has anyone here tried shooting a Vapor using the Guerrilla Air Myth ELOP (275psi output pressure) reg and mind posting some thoughts/feedback? Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwb0748 View Post
Yes, sorry guys I have been out sick for 9 days. But am back in full swing, well semi full swing. All guns have gone back out via USPS. Again let me say sorry, being sick put me behind but all is caught up. Normal turn around is 2-3 business days.
Glad to hear that you're back in action Ken, thanks for keeping the community here in the light . Can't wait to see what you guys have planned for this coming year, keep up the great work.

Last edited by Dan0102 : 12-13-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:50 PM #817
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ProMod is an NCPA player
ProMod supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulsejunkie View Post
How do I set my vapor to psp
tap the power button until the screen says PSP (aka tourney 1). otherwise, go into the board settings and change the mode... http://www.goapeonline.com/app/downl...+Setpoints.pdf

^board manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELOWZERO View Post
my threshy was the same and i dont know why????????? lol i sold it off the a long time a go but it is still the quietest gun ive shot
large valve chamber, fairly low pressure, and the valve opened quickly. It was even better with the TechT bolt!

Quote:
Has anyone here tried shooting a Vapor using the Guerrilla Air Myth ELOP (275psi output pressure) reg and mind posting some thoughts/feedback?...
275? You'll probably get drop-off. I recommend 350 at the lowest.
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
"...Looks Like A...." earns you an instant NEWBIE tag. Don't be a newbie.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 PM #818
juggernaught_lives
Mowing Fools Since 1987

Quote:
Has anyone here tried shooting a Vapor using the Guerrilla Air Myth ELOP (275psi output pressure) reg and mind posting some thoughts/feedback? Just curious.
That is the same Output Pressure as the Ninja SLP. Some people have had success using the Ninja SLP but just as many have not had success so it is 50/50. As ProMod Stated just keep it over 350 and under 550.

I'm one of the few with success using the SLP. There really is not much of a gain for the Vapor between the 275psi Output and the 450psi Output maybe half a pod.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:37 AM #819
Tommyflgl
Tommyflgl

Tommyflgl owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Tommyflgl supports Team VICIOUS
Tommyflgl plays in the APPA D4 division
Tommyflgl supports DLX Technology
I tried looking.. But I can't seem to find it. But my reg is screwing in completely on my vapor but the milling doesn't line up. Can someone help me as to how I can line it up?

Shocker Package F/S/T

EKK ELITE
Closed Thread