Community Focus

Old 11-10-2012, 11:42 AM #1
Xdanisx
Team up! Team Up!

Xdanisx posts videos on PbNation
Xdanisx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xdanisx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Dye nt 10 unreliability?

What makes dye nt's unreliable? Is there anything i can do to combat their unreliability?
Old 11-10-2012, 11:45 AM #2
Fortality
MC. LEAN

Fortality plays in the PSP
Fortality is an NCPA player
Fortality plays in the APPA D4 division
Fortality is All In
match your paint

Fortality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:46 AM #3
brienpeppers

brienpeppers owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortality
match your paint
How helpful

"In Soviet Russia bunker hides behind you."
brienpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:05 PM #4
Blusylver (Banned)

Learn how to read, 99% of the issues are easily fixable and the manual will tell you how to fix
Blusylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:03 PM #5
MurderFX

What makes them unreliable? The owners. As is the case for pretty much every paintball marker ever made...

My NT10 and NT11 have been flawless. Bought both new, took a few minutes to learn them, clean them after I play, 100% reliable.

Oklahoma D-Day 2012 - German Army - Join the fun
MurderFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:19 PM #6
derekdeng

derekdeng plays in the PSP
derekdeng posts videos on PbNation
derekdeng plays in the APPA D4 division
I have been a first sad then happy owner of an NT10 since, lets say February of 2012. I switched from an PMR to an NT. I got this gun used and the pervious owner said the bolt was polished by Pooty, in that result giving it a more "broken-in" feel to the bolt. I live in the Chicagoland area and the weather ranges from 20s-110s. I've played tournaments/practice within 40-90s usually. I am saying this because location/weather is very sensitive to the NT.

Now let me explain to you my experience with my NT so far, it is by far the most accurate gun I have shot as well as the most consistent in FPS. From experience the only probably I had with it is when I first used it in March of 2012, it was still cold out and I was using if i remember correctly, G.I. 2 star field paint. My NT was chewing up the paint like crazy, it was just dripping paint out of the barrel. I was about to give up until my teammate (also an NT owner) told me to go buy RPS premium. That was almost an instant game changer, I broke less, about one break ever 3 pods, rather than a break every 10 balls.

Anyways I was telling you that because that is the worst experience by far with my NT. From that day, I would not purchase paint that is under mid-grade. The better paint you shoot, the better the NT is.

Now taking it home, you will need to pretty much clean it after everyday of play, you can probably get away with 2 days of play without cleaning it. With your second day not shoot so straight, but if you still have good paint you should not have any problems.

Cleaning it usually take quite some time, given there is so many O-rings and small o-rings that needs to be constantly re-lubed.

But overall, NT is a reliable gun, I have probably played nearly every other weekend since then and only remember that day along with another day I put low-grade paint into the NT and it acted up.

Reliable-Yes, only if you treat it right.
derekdeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:57 AM #7
BabyFace

BabyFace supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekdeng View Post
I have been a first sad then happy owner of an NT10 since, lets say February of 2012. I switched from an PMR to an NT. I got this gun used and the pervious owner said the bolt was polished by Pooty, in that result giving it a more "broken-in" feel to the bolt. I live in the Chicagoland area and the weather ranges from 20s-110s. I've played tournaments/practice within 40-90s usually. I am saying this because location/weather is very sensitive to the NT.

Now let me explain to you my experience with my NT so far, it is by far the most accurate gun I have shot as well as the most consistent in FPS. From experience the only probably I had with it is when I first used it in March of 2012, it was still cold out and I was using if i remember correctly, G.I. 2 star field paint. My NT was chewing up the paint like crazy, it was just dripping paint out of the barrel. I was about to give up until my teammate (also an NT owner) told me to go buy RPS premium. That was almost an instant game changer, I broke less, about one break ever 3 pods, rather than a break every 10 balls.

Anyways I was telling you that because that is the worst experience by far with my NT. From that day, I would not purchase paint that is under mid-grade. The better paint you shoot, the better the NT is.

Now taking it home, you will need to pretty much clean it after everyday of play, you can probably get away with 2 days of play without cleaning it. With your second day not shoot so straight, but if you still have good paint you should not have any problems.

Cleaning it usually take quite some time, given there is so many O-rings and small o-rings that needs to be constantly re-lubed.

But overall, NT is a reliable gun, I have probably played nearly every other weekend since then and only remember that day along with another day I put low-grade paint into the NT and it acted up.

Reliable-Yes, only if you treat it right.
About one break every 3 pods is far from reliable. I want to like the nt, but they just seem to finicky.
BabyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:52 PM #8
cmdrsuds

Send it to Billy Wing and have him do his personal tech job. Find him on here don't send it to dye. He'll get it to shoot money. Most ppl just mess with them too much and don't know what they are doing. NTs may also suffer from roll back, with all those different bolt tips and tiny paint these days it can happen. Probably why the above user saw such a difference between two brands of paint. Billy gives you a special bolt tip from my understanding.

There is also this mod for roll back: \/ \/

Last edited by cmdrsuds : 11-14-2012 at 04:00 PM.
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM #9
cmdrsuds

Get less roll back

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3802243

I have seen a couple NTs for sale right now that have already been mod'd by Billy Wing. One is all black with a bunch of spare parts but there is a red one that has the Bwing Mod certificate included... Happy hunting
Old 11-15-2012, 12:05 AM #10
Chip493
HPU #69

Chip493 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Chip493 supports Team VICIOUS
Chip493 is an NCPA player
Chip493 plays in the APPA D5 division
I've had a NT 10 for a year now. Get the update kit (Like $10) and clean it after you play. Not to difficult. And there are thousands of threads like this if you just scrolled down. Just sayn....
Black Champagne NT '10 Dye NT Owners United #89
Killing Machine Gi Sportz LV1 #12 of 25

Chip493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:50 PM #11
BabyFace

BabyFace supports DLX Technology
I am very interested in getting an nt and sending it to billy wing for the mod. I find it very odd that you don't adjust the fps with the reg but with spacers... Or am I wrong?
BabyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:03 PM #12
Blusylver (Banned)

Minor adjustments are made threw the reg
Blusylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:44 AM #13
spartan117d7

spartan117d7 is playing at Living Legends V
spartan117d7 posts videos on PbNation
spartan117d7 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
spartan117d7 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
spartan117d7 is attending Decay of Nations VI
try using some special lube i like to call the Strictly Paintball Gun lube. you will see a reduction in kick, increase in efficiency by at least 1 pod, and more consistency in velocity fluctuation ( we tested dye matric and NT markers to be around +-2 fps change per shot and in ropes). also helps with any bolt friction. put enough on that it looks lubed but not too much that it looks like a mess. a little goes a long way with this stuff. Also, make sure you arent pushing lube into any of the air holes on the bolt assembly.

Willing to pay for trades or anything with these too!!
XBOX 360 Games and Accessories!

Last edited by spartan117d7 : 12-29-2012 at 03:44 PM.
spartan117d7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:52 AM #14
Xdanisx
Team up! Team Up!

Xdanisx posts videos on PbNation
Xdanisx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xdanisx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117d7 View Post
try using some special lube i like to call the Strictly Paintball Gun lube. use 85% slick honey and 15% triflo. mix together and use as lube. you will see a reduction in kick, increase in efficiency by at least 1 pod, and an increase in velocity by at leat 5fps. also helps with any bolt friction.
Really?
Old 12-16-2012, 10:48 PM #15
Rhino1XL
Put a SPRING in it!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Rhino1XL helped look for balloons
Rhino1XL plays in the APPA D4 division
i have a NT 10 that I bought used. Been using it for almost 2 solid seasons of WCPPL play. Through tournaments and every weekend practices, the NT10 has been dead on reliable. Maintenance takes a few minutes at the end of the day of play, but thats it! I'll break 2-3 balls per tournament. (not per match or per point, but 2-3 balls per tournament!) Velocity has been perfect since I set it and it hasn't moved for 2 years! (Yes, its been rebuilt every year, but it doesn't move!)
The DYE tech is usually at the WCPPL events and will take care of anything needed. Been very happy with my purchase for 2 years now and will use it all of 2013 as well. (I use my shockers on non-team weekends....)

Rhino

Maximum Paintball Supply, Fresno California
Rhino1XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:02 AM #16
#1P8ntballer
wha da heo

#1P8ntballer is a Supporting Member
#1P8ntballer is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
My NT input- They are a hit or miss. DYE does not use a very tight tolerance for some of their components when machining. I discovered this when I had 3 NTs at one time and they did not fit the same into each other.

I had one NT 10 that ran acceptable. It broke one to two balls a case with rec paint. I had another NT 10 that broke roughly three to five balls a case. I had an NT 11 that came straight from DYE after being teched and destroying every paintball when I needed it as a back up.

I suspect eye pipe alignment fitment may affect it, as well as the roll back distance that everyone has been talking about recently.
#1P8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:23 PM #17
**Entropy**
O.o

**Entropy** plays in the APPA D4 division
It must be hit or miss to some extent. I picked mine up cheap half way through the season, played 4 events with it+ practices every weekend and it didn't break a single ball during the events, and just a few during our last cold weather practice in kinda crappy weather which was to be expected. My experience so far has been good enough that my DM12 ended up being my backup for the last few events.