PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 PM #1
jlbush14

Need advice help

Hello
I recently was given a cci phantom its the most basic open class option and I was wondering if you guys think I should upgrade my phantom or go ahead and trade or sell it for a check it v2 classic. I only play open class and money is not that big of an issue. Thanks post bellow or feel free to pm.
jlbush14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2012, 06:48 PM #2
senghing27
Gosh Dang.....

has been a member for 10 years
senghing27 plays in the PSP
senghing27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
senghing27 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Which platform do you prefer?
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:34 PM #3
jlbush14

I prefer open class, my field does not allow 12 grams.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:47 PM #4
senghing27
Gosh Dang.....

has been a member for 10 years
senghing27 plays in the PSP
senghing27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
senghing27 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbush14 View Post
I prefer open class, my field does not allow 12 grams.
If your phantom is basic OC, you should be able to thread the bottom right into the back via the asa.

Not the most ergonomic thing, but it works.

The phantom runs just fine off of HPA, just need to change it to your liking. Or go and grab the sniper.
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:49 PM #5
jlbush14

To go more in depth, I was thinking of running the phantom with the vertical air kit and a regulator and the cost of all that was something like $140.

Then I saw the sniper for $250 that comes with on/off, autococker thread, detents, smooth pump stroke and a regulator.

Do you think the sniper is worth the extra ~100?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:10 AM #6
Goumba

I would sell the phantom and but a pump ready to Ho for your needs .

Upgrading a phantom is like upgrading a car the money you put into it you will never see back . I also prefer the pump stroke of the snipers . The only thing I would want a phantom for is stock class efficiency , and then if I was serious I would spring for a dye buzzard
Old 12-11-2012, 12:00 PM #7
jlbush14

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:58 AM #8
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbush14 View Post
To go more in depth, I was thinking of running the phantom with the vertical air kit and a regulator and the cost of all that was something like $140.
The Phantom doesn't need, and really shouldn't have an input regulator to run HPA.
Because they're tuned to run off of 12-grams, Phantoms are perfectly happy to drink the full 800psi output pressures most tanks put out.

Without knowing exactly what sort of Phantom you have, especially the type of grip, it's hard to say what exactly you would need to put a bottomline ASA on it and run a line to the valve, but it shouldn't cost $140.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goumba View Post
Upgrading a phantom is like upgrading a car the money you put into it you will never see back .
But this is true to the same extent for any paintball gun, snipers included, and I'd still counter that many upgrades, particularly .45 grips and freak-bored barrels always raise a Phantom's resale value by a good margin.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:42 PM #9
99BPS

I'd shoot you two options that are not here. First buy the parts used either here if you can find them or, my preference for parts (and never markers) Ebay. You'll find a deal on everything you need to get that phantom open class.

The other option i'd shoot at you, and I may get some hate for suggesting this marker, but the Azodin Pump 2 can be found for well under 100 on ebay. Your phatom can easily snag 150, which would be the open class Azodin and some upgrades. People will hate on Azodin because of the spyder clone nature, but in many ways the Azodin pump functions like a well upgrades halfblocked A/C pump (like the sniper). It's not as pretty, but I LOVE the pump stroke, and the hitman mod is wonderful for open class play. It's a cheap option with ion threaded feadneck, A/C threaded barrel and a spyder like body, the upgrade and mod options are endless.

If moneys not an issue, why not keep the phantom (in case you decide you'd want to play stock class, or change it up to open in the future, as people seem to love these markers) and snag the cheap Azodin?
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:13 AM #10
jlbush14

Thanks for the input guys I really appreciate it. I've decided that I'm going to keep the phantom because I love the way it shoots.

The only reason I wanted to run it with a reg was because I really like having something as a "grip" instead of just holding the pump handle.

Instead of a regulator could I use a gas thru grip or would you guys recommend something else? Sorry I'm kind of new to phantoms