x2
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2011, 01:56 PM #674
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar

has been a member for 10 years
I think maybe Dec 21 2012 marks the beginning of the paradigm shift. I have my fingers crossed for some sort of ascension in consciousness. This ascension however, will most likely come to be via technological evolution in a few decades. As for the specific date, I don't think anything profoundly significant will occur.

And to the Christian dude two posts above, this "man-made" date was recognized in the Mayan long count calendar, the Chinese I-Chang, and ancient Hindu texts thousands of years before your man-made religion had anything to say about it. And it isn't man-made, it was derived from centuries of observation and study of the night sky. Go watch Graham Hancock's Quest for Lost Civilizations if you care at all to think outside your box.
You truly are the funniest poster on ST MaTt."
"Originally posted by SquirrelMaster
You are my master, MaTtBoy."
That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Last edited by MaTtBoy-II : 05-17-2011 at 01:59 PM.
MaTtBoy-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:09 PM #675
Xanatos903 (Banned)
Assault weapons kill kids

Xanatos903 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by suckapunch View Post
blant swipe
Not serious: This makes about as much sense as your entire post.

Serious: That post has nothing to do with the thread at all.

Now, for your second post, I'd agree with you. If you are a Christian, you're kind of required to disregard any "doomsday dates" that are put out there.
Xanatos903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:54 AM #676
eVLution9450
I'm so throwed

I bet this thread will fire up in about a year or so

I just felt mah dick move!
eVLution9450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:02 AM #677
teamsilentassassins
Treat Yo'self

teamsilentassassins is BST Trusted
teamsilentassassins plays in the PSP
teamsilentassassins supports Team VICIOUS
teamsilentassassins plays in the APPA D3 division
teamsilentassassins has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Please God no. It should never fire up ever again.

ATO@WKU Colony

By the way, when you see a vagina, your whole world will change. --Thunderstick

wow. your argument has more holes than the failed condom that resulted in your birth. --MaLfUnCtIoN3
teamsilentassassins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:54 PM #678
Lynxx
Hardcore 'Til I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTtBoy-II View Post
I think maybe Dec 21 2012 marks the beginning of the paradigm shift. I have my fingers crossed for some sort of ascension in consciousness. This ascension however, will most likely come to be via technological evolution in a few decades. As for the specific date, I don't think anything profoundly significant will occur.

And to the Christian dude two posts above, this "man-made" date was recognized in the Mayan long count calendar, the Chinese I-Chang, and ancient Hindu texts thousands of years before your man-made religion had anything to say about it. And it isn't man-made, it was derived from centuries of observation and study of the night sky. Go watch Graham Hancock's Quest for Lost Civilizations if you care at all to think outside your box.
Regardless of anything else, how is it not man made again? It was man who made the observations, and man who recorded these observations. So what can we conclude from this? It was man made! Ooo, shocking. That's like saying computers aren't man made because it was nature that made them possible.

Anyone who truly believes the end of the world is next year is ridiculously naive and needs to remove head from ***. There we will be no significant event on this date, the world will not end, we will not ascend to a higher intelligence. Greater intellectual capacity is the result of evolution, not magic.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:12 PM #679
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar

And our evolution is approaching a singularity; we're accelerating towards a moment in time where rapid technological evolution (which will also be directly affecting biological evolution by this point) occurs in an infinitely small amount of time. I personally doubt this will happen on 2012, unless some profound technological innovation or scientific discovery occurs between now and then. Ray Kurzweil predicts technological singularity to occur in 2045; the internet will become a conscious entity in 2040, making us a million times more intelligent than we are today. By 2045 we will be one with this technology on a quantum level, and we'll become infinitely more intelligent than we are today.

I personally think that eventually the internet will become conscious. This will then lead to the beginning of the trans-human era, where we merge with this technology and consciousness as we understand it is changed for ever. As of right now, we are apart of the chaos of this universe; existing within it and its mercy. I think transcendence is when our minds become the fulcrum of the universe; essentially the Universe moves about our minds, as opposed to our minds moving about the Universe. Basically, we all become Dr. Manhatten.

Last edited by MaTtBoy-II : 09-20-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:31 AM #680
EricS6661

I like the way you think

As far as my belief in 2012, things are ramping up. The world economy is crashing, natural disasters are increasing (look no further than fukushima), and there are riots/protests in almost every country.

Last edited by EricS6661 : 10-19-2011 at 05:34 AM.
EricS6661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:44 AM #681
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar

Several of my friends are so into 2012. There's no empirical evidence to support any idea or belief of what's may or may not happen. At this point it's just starting to seem that people are imposing importance on 2012 to satisfy their own egos; to invoke a sense of importance with ones existence, meaning, purpose, and to make the reality of culture and society (eat-sleep-work) less dull and uninteresting. My friends beliefs in 2012 have become no different than subscribers to religion. Rationality giving way to ego satisfaction.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:30 PM #682
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTtBoy-II View Post
Several of my friends are so into 2012. There's no empirical evidence to support any idea or belief of what's may or may not happen. At this point it's just starting to seem that people are imposing importance on 2012 to satisfy their own egos; to invoke a sense of importance with ones existence, meaning, purpose, and to make the reality of culture and society (eat-sleep-work) less dull and uninteresting. My friends beliefs in 2012 have become no different than subscribers to religion. Rationality giving way to ego satisfaction.
"You can't prove that the world will not end in 2012."

Last edited by spracks21 : 01-08-2012 at 02:02 PM.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:28 AM #683
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar

I do my best. Planet X theories are just flat out dumb, and anyone who believes them would only do so due to a severe lacking in knowledge of basic astronomy, among other things. People also seem to be imposing importance on the fact we're going to cross the Galactic Plane. If the argument that some region of space is no more or less important than any other region of space wasn't enough, NASA has confirmed we will not be aligning with the galactic center for many years...we're still several light years away. Senseless cataclysmic destruction also makes no sense...It's so exhausting arguing with these people. At least when I argue about religion with people, there's some rationality involved.

Last edited by MaTtBoy-II : 01-10-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:07 AM #684
rkenders
Northern Colorado

OMFG!!! The sky is falling on December 21!!! Ummmm...yeah! The world will come to an end...someday, but I think the 21st will be just another day in a series of a bunch of other days.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070838
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4049998
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:39 PM #685
The Admin of myg0t
✈ ▌▌

aka you're all morons and should consider suicide.
The Admin of myg0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:59 PM #686
Mainevent#1
Pevs Balla

Starts a little slow, i was really interested about half way through when he started talkig about enlightenment. The beginning, when hes talking bout pyramids is trippy bc of all the ancient pyramids around the world.. maybe they knew something we didnt!
Mayans (long count to new age), Chinese (I ching), Hopi (arrival of Pahana with key to 5th world), Hindu (Kali Yuga ends and Satya Yuga/Golden Age begins) Aztecs and Incas (6th sun or new age/creation).

Maybe it was just a count down to this date, not in a negative way but in a positive way and we have forgotten this over the centuries.

Yes im bored.
DC MOB Hitman #34
I survived VAEQ2k2
Reppin' the right coast.

Last edited by Mainevent#1 : 11-15-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Mainevent#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 PM #687
Umami
"That guy"

Umami supports our troops

SOG
I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:16 AM #688
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

God, I hope that's how to world ends.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:14 PM #689
cckynv
Cody

cckynv is playing at Living Legends VI
cckynv supports Team VICIOUS
cckynv posts videos on PbNation
cckynv has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
As I'm sure it's been posted, the Mayan calendar works in a cycle and does not end, it simply resets. Therefore it is not the end of the world, it's the end of an age or cycle on a calendar of unscientific people who still practiced ritual human sacrifice.

MacDev Militia
cckynv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:58 PM #690
Illuminaughty
YOUR DREAMING! WAKE UP!

Illuminaughty has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2012 is so last year. Nibiru is what is going to end the world this year.
Get with the times guys
Old 04-04-2014, 07:11 AM #691
ChickenPoxInMySox

Did you guys know we all actually died December 21st, 2012.

We're all just living in eternity.

Even Einstein said it.

E=mc squared.

Eternity = Mayan Calander squared.

Even NASA agrees.