PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-08-2012, 11:40 PM #1
MrLittlerSmith
Should Be Doing Homework

MrLittlerSmith has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Question CCM'd Autococker vs CCM (s66.5/T2/etc.)

I'm just curious, which do you guys prefer? While the modern look of some of the CCM's are mesmerizing, some older autococker bodies are just so unique and beautiful that it's insane . So, whaddo you guys think? And would it be hard to try and build my own pump? In other words, is there a lot of hard internal work that needs to be put together?

"Originally posted by DB-1071: "Pump players are the first ones I shoot in open play rec-ball, those guys are sneaky bastards!!!"
MrLittlerSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2012, 12:55 AM #2
natepb96
Sneaky Sneaky

I would go with a CCM. If you were to build your own sniper and try to get the quality you get from a CCM it will probably be as much as a CCM.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:34 AM #3
drgonzo
Half-cocked

No, there isn't much you need to -- or can -- do to an older sniper internally when you build it. Just get a valve tool.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:42 PM #4
Jimmy Robo
Collects Rare JT masks

Buy the body u want and then have ccm do the work. They sell all internals,pump kit etc and they will install it and tech your gun for maximum efficiency and smooth pump stroke.

I built my first two snipers and they were ok. I didnt know that the stock autococker inters will work. But its much better if u get ccm lower internals because the springs are lighter and the valve and cupseal are much mire air efficient.

Overall if u send the gun to ccm and purchase the parts u want. They will install them for free and set your pump to play with optimum efficiency and a smooth pump stroke.

Last edited by Jimmy Robo : 12-09-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Jimmy Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:03 PM #5
Shocktech4
Snap shot!

Shocktech4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Shocktech4 is for the Gunfight
Shocktech4 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Shocktech4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i went both ways.. i bought a ccm 6.5 brand new out of the box. then went and picked up a 2k5 super stock. and got the 86frame, auto trigger got it half blocked and installed the lower ccm tube internals.. and honestly after all said and done they shoot pretty much the same. with the cocker mod. you can pretty much tune and mod to what ever you want. you will need the cocker wrench and what not to take it fully apart. so save urself the hassle..

but yea in the long run i would just go CCM right off the bat
Shocktech4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:45 PM #6
Tubs

Build your own, learn how to set-up and tune the marker out the way you like it. Then contemplate a CCM, chances are you will have the marker you want and not have spent 700 dollars. Building your own is personal and a definate learning experience. Plus it will be your pump and like no one elses. There are lots of players that don't use CCM markers or components and have really nice pumps.

Fluffy Bunnies Pump
CCM T2 SN#USA0032
Tubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:51 PM #7
Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy

Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Swanie08 supports Team VICIOUS
Swanie08 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubs View Post
Build your own, learn how to set-up and tune the marker out the way you like it. Then contemplate a CCM, chances are you will have the marker you want and not have spent 700 dollars. Building your own is personal and a definate learning experience. Plus it will be your pump and like no one elses. There are lots of players that don't use CCM markers or components and have really nice pumps.
I'd have to agree, although I've heard that a CCM gun has something about it where everything just flows naturally. Whereas, a built gun with CCM internals still shoots like a smooth gun, just not something CCM built.

It's all personal preference, just shoot what you want.
Swanie08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:30 PM #8
MrLittlerSmith
Should Be Doing Homework

Okay everyone thanks for the info. I think eventually I'm gonna try and build my own, but does anyone know of some really nice AC bodies (preferably mid/half block)? Atm I'm thinking 2k5 Black Magic. Any other suggestions?

"Originally posted by DB-1071: "Pump players are the first ones I shoot in open play rec-ball, those guys are sneaky bastards!!!"
Old 12-09-2012, 07:22 PM #9
Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy

Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Swanie08 supports Team VICIOUS
Swanie08 supports Empire
I think the 2k5 Super Stock is a sick body, but that's just me.
Swanie08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:19 PM #10
noclue119
D3 to D4 in.... never

Annual Supporting Member
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noclue119 supports Team VICIOUS
noclue119 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanie08 View Post
I think the 2k5 Super Stock is a sick body, but that's just me.
A 2k5 prostock(undrilled/unmilled superstock) is better
I have a S6.5 and an Eclipse Cocker pump. I spent more money on the Eclipse cocker pump than the S6.5. Exactly the same smoothness.

Conclusion get a CCM. Save yourself the trouble.
noclue119 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:50 AM #11
OG-Eclipse
Ego 11 f/s/t pm me

OG-Eclipse is playing at Living Legends VI
OG-Eclipse supports Team VICIOUS
OG-Eclipse posts videos on PbNation
OG-Eclipse has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
OG-Eclipse is attending Decay of Nations VI
The ccm fo sho aha

266+ 0-ebay feedback
OG-Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:06 AM #12
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

After watching your in your face kinda play style I would definitely go with a 6.5 or J12... Shoot em all first, not everyone has that chance.. See what you like. You kinda lucked out on location. Im glad you got into pump paintball =)

Anytime you want to shoot a Greifers gun there area lot of different ones to choose from at Xtreme. Between all us greifers you can shoot and test almost every model made by CCM.

http://www.xtremepaintballpark.com/
http://www.chipleymachine.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1809223332
onepumpchump13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:40 AM #13
MrLittlerSmith
Should Be Doing Homework

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepumpchump13 View Post
After watching your in your face kinda play style I would definitely go with a 6.5 or J12... Shoot em all first, not everyone has that chance.. See what you like. You kinda lucked out on location. Im glad you got into pump paintball =)

Anytime you want to shoot a Greifers gun there area lot of different ones to choose from at Xtreme. Between all us greifers you can shoot and test almost every model made by CCM.
I'm glad too! and thanks for the offer so much man! I think I'll end up grabbing a J12 once the price drops a lil bit , or grap an s6.5 If I get impatient...
Thanks everyone for the input and help!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 09:15 AM #14
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I've built some nice guns, but my go-to "beater" is an S6.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:55 PM #15
NkdMangina
Brandon Doyle

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends III
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends V
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
NkdMangina posts videos on PbNation
I like custom ccm'd guns because they have character.

not to say that S6/6.5/T2s don't.
3rd Place - UWL 5-Man Chicago 2013 (Chicago Underground)
1st Place - UWL 10-Man Nebraska 2013 (Chicago Underground)
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 PM #16
Phantom_Dave

It comes down to choice. Would you rather buy a new Corvette or build a muscle car from the ground up? With the vette you know it will run great and be perfect the minute you get it. With the muscle car you can pick and choice each part. Experiment with different setups and have it slowly morp to exactly what you want. It may never have the same fit and finish as the new car but it will be exactly what you want because you picked out each part.

In the end, both will cost you about the same, the one you build may cost you more because you change your mind here and there. But it will not cost you as much up front because you can buy the parts as you go.

Just my 2 cents, hope it helps.
Phantom_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:24 PM #17
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
For me, an experienced gun builder, I've found that simply cramming CCM (or other top-end) parts on a body is hit or miss. Some of the parts may have the same finish, but there's a good chance the fit (and therefore feel) won't be the same. It takes a picky person to notice some of these things, but there IS a difference, at least a majority of the time.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:55 AM #18
jamesert

Quote:
Originally Posted by natepb96 View Post
I would go with a CCM. If you were to build your own sniper and try to get the quality you get from a CCM it will probably be as much as a CCM.
If you would want it done correctly it would. Some friends of mine (Bill the owner of CCM, Garret Maxwell/ G-Max, and Rod lead tech at CCM) at CCM built a 2k autococker for me. The only thing that is not CCM is the body.To put a clamping feedneck they had to press the stock neck out and press a CCM neck in, then they had to rebore the top tube to cut out excess feedneck, Wpg lower tubes id's were not exactly perfect through the lenght, so they had to rebore the lower tube to work glass smooth with the CCM lower assembly, to get the CCM Auto trigger grip frame to also work glass smooth they had to mill just a little for everything to work perfectly. they then installed all CCM Parts. Bolt, Cocking Rod, Backblock, Complete lower tube assembly, Auto trigger grip frame, Pump assembly, CCM Reg, and ASA

With the price of parts, the time to machine everything, the manhour time including the extra time Garret took to go back in and shave a 1000th of an inch off the hammer for me just to make it that much smoother there is over 1000 dollars tied up into it.
jamesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:18 PM #19
frankie frank
EKK Elite

Annual Supporting Member
frankie frank plays in the PSP
frankie frank owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
frankie frank supports Team VICIOUS
frankie frank plays in the APPA D4 division
frankie frank supports Empire
there is so much you can do building your own. here are some ive owned just to show you what you can do

CCM'd Shocktech Tremor Series autococker pump(fresh anno done by the guys at FX anodizing)

Custom built superbolt pump

CCM'd 2k+ STO autococker pump
Kohn Player Rep
EKK Elite
Gearbag sale
Headgear sale new stuff added
frankie frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:50 AM #20
r90t
Doc

r90t is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I have a CCM pump and have built numerous other pump guns with CCM parts. I play with may CCM, but love the building process and have sunk a lot of money into guns that are as smooth as my CCM, but don't see the field as much.

I played with a pre2K pump for about 4 years before upgrading to a CCM and I really didn't couldn't see/feel the difference other than getting used to an 86 frame. I have built 15 or so snipers for fun and have given them away to friends. They shoot buttery smooth, and equal to my $600 gun, for a fraction of the price.

If you don't have that much cash, buy a complete cocker, and throw a pump kit on it until you have the money to buy your dream gun.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:22 AM #21
Oldandsneaky
Still My Pump Badge

Annual Supporting Member
I am the dumb*** who insists on doing everything myself. How can it be MY gun if someone else built it?

If I build a 1932 Ford hotrod in my garage, that's MY car. If I sell it, it's still my car. If I buy a hotrod built by Chip Foose, it won't really ever be mine.

I know I could never build it as nice as Mr Foose, but that's not as important to me as making it myself. I need the process.
Oldandsneaky is offline   Reply With Quote