Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 09:12 PM #1093
sithpb
last call for sin
 
sithpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: sterling,co
Annual Supporting Member
sithpb donated to help Peyton Trent
sithpb supports Team VICIOUS
sithpb supports Team VICIOUS
sithpb supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by godraep View Post
Boohooo, I cant shoot the newest AKA Brick with quad detents or the inefficient equally bricky Emag :'(
or not buy any laysick gear if i dont care for how a rep speaks about other companys. customers always support the brands they like with their wallets.
__________________
2k4 lasoya / 2k5 / alias / Abomb / Russian Legion / ripper 2 / empire II / infamous / protege / vsc phantom

Originally Posted by msonic:
Pistol whipped with an ego
Ego frame bends, whip unsuccessful.

Originally Posted by cookie123 :
Maybe I Like It In The ***! Sexist www.aggressivesports.net
sithpb is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 04:20 AM #1094
godraep
FapAttackV.1
 
godraep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Virginia
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithpb View Post
or not buy any laysick gear if i dont care for how a rep speaks about other companys. customers always support the brands they like with their wallets.
Its certainly your right to make that decision. I'm not one to sugar coat anything to make people feel better. If you'd rather a liar and bull****ter as a rep than someone whos upfront and honest with their opinions... Well, then I dunno what to tell you.
__________________
Give me a job.
godraep is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 12:26 PM #1095
Evil Rocky
 
 
Evil Rocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Evil Rocky is playing at Living Legends V
Evil Rocky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Evil Rocky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
That gun reminds me of the TAP gun that was a prototype. If I remember correctly they where supposed to show gun at World Cup paintball 2012.... But I would not doubt if empire bought the patent, or maybe they helping in a way and maybe help launch it.

But looks very similar in a very small way....

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3724148
__________________
CHICAGO DAMAGE INC
CPX, FOX, EMPIRE, PE
IOG http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4067259
Evil Rocky is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 12:28 PM #1096
Evil Rocky
 
 
Evil Rocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Evil Rocky is playing at Living Legends V
Evil Rocky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Evil Rocky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
When I talked to one of the TAP guys he said it was electronically advanced. He said it had a chrono built into it. So each shot was chronoed by gun. So a neet and very acvanced electronic feature.
__________________
CHICAGO DAMAGE INC
CPX, FOX, EMPIRE, PE
IOG http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4067259
Evil Rocky is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 02:01 PM #1097
MstrKey
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SSM, Ontario, Canada
MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
patents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootingropes View Post
There's morals in business?

If you're playing king of the hill, and the winner gets 100,000 dollars, wouldn't you kick a few friends' faces to stay on top?
The problem is with patent laws. Being allowed to patent a idea that uses no new technology of any kind is jut plain BS. There is where the problem lies.

As far as Apple.........they have a TON of money in the bank just sitting there looking to be used because all the idiot consumers fall for cool advertising campaigns. Rich guys.........lots of cash.......always a bad combo.
__________________

Etek 3LT grey/black f/s
Valken Proton greyish/black f/s
68 4500 PE stubby, LP output f/s
68 4500 AIR tank(no reg) f/s
Creed/demon eyes f/s
MstrKey is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 02:07 PM #1098
Fedo
Who Has More Fun?
 
Fedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bloomington, IL
Fedo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fedo is an NCPA player
Fedo plays in the APPA D5 division
*sits back and reads* Finals study break material. I approve of this reading
__________________
Illinois State Redbirds Captain

Fedo is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:09 PM #1099
Aaron94
Pineapple
 
Aaron94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tulsa/OKC
Aaron94 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Aaron94 supports Team VICIOUS
Aaron94 is for the Gunfight
Aaron94 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
The problem is with patent laws. Being allowed to patent a idea that uses no new technology of any kind is jut plain BS. There is where the problem lies.

As far as Apple.........they have a TON of money in the bank just sitting there looking to be used because all the idiot consumers fall for cool advertising campaigns. Rich guys.........lots of cash.......always a bad combo.
If by cool advertising you mean the best product out there then yes. People don't buy Apple because of cool advertising. People buy Apple because of innovation and it is the best product to choose from. If it wasn't the best product to choose from then all the "idiots" wouldn't come back to buy another product. I'm typing this on my Macbook Pro while listening to music on my apple tv with my Iphone in my pocket. I didn't buy any of these products because of cool advertising. I bought them because they were the best in their respective product categories. The Microsoft fanboys would probably say the same thing. Advertising is getting them into the store to look at the cool product. If the product sucks then people won't buy it or come back to buy more products from that company.
__________________
FREE AGENT
Aaron94 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:19 PM #1100
memorex
I'm Suppish
 
memorex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MN
memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron94 View Post
If by cool advertising you mean the best product out there then yes. People don't buy Apple because of cool advertising. People buy Apple because of innovation and it is the best product to choose from. If it wasn't the best product to choose from then all the "idiots" wouldn't come back to buy another product. I'm typing this on my Macbook Pro while listening to music on my apple tv with my Iphone in my pocket. I didn't buy any of these products because of cool advertising. I bought them because they were the best in their respective product categories. The Microsoft fanboys would probably say the same thing. Advertising is getting them into the store to look at the cool product. If the product sucks then people won't buy it or come back to buy more products from that company.
says the brainwashed hipster doofus apple fanboy

the fact you said fanboys, clearly states you are an apple fanboy

Edit: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL at thinking apple is the best product. You mean add small and minimal changes to a product every year and calling it the "best" on the market. You sound like a Dye representative trying to sell us a dm12/13/14/15
__________________
COWBOYS / T-WOLVES /TWINS/ WILD

Last edited by memorex : 12-09-2012 at 06:22 PM.
memorex is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:24 PM #1101
Pakistani
VCU Rams
 
Pakistani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Pakistani is a Paintball photographer
Pakistani is an NCPA player
Pakistani is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Pakistani is Boss
Pakistani supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron94 View Post
If by cool advertising you mean the best product out there then yes. People don't buy Apple because of cool advertising. People buy Apple because of innovation and it is the best product to choose from. If it wasn't the best product to choose from then all the "idiots" wouldn't come back to buy another product. I'm typing this on my Macbook Pro while listening to music on my apple tv with my Iphone in my pocket. I didn't buy any of these products because of cool advertising. I bought them because they were the best in their respective product categories. The Microsoft fanboys would probably say the same thing. Advertising is getting them into the store to look at the cool product. If the product sucks then people won't buy it or come back to buy more products from that company.
i have my degree in advertising and what you said is only partly true.
apple's advertising "says" a lot more than what it actually says. more than their products, they advertise a brand image.

people think: apple = high cost = better product.

their advertising doesn't necessarily say that up front, but their brand image certainly does. its minimal, they dont say much, and they keep it very, very subtle. apple is one of the few brands that has the ability to speak volumes without saying much at all. My sister doesn't know anything about computers and she just bought a macbook pro because she assumes that cost = quality. while i agree that apple products are very high quality, many people buy them for the name. thats exactly why apple is such a power house. not only does their brand image attract "computer novices" to their brand, their products will satisfy even more advanced computer users.

im writing this on an imac, so no windows fanboyism from me. just saying.
__________________
KPS Paintball

Last edited by Pakistani : 12-09-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Pakistani is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:25 PM #1102
tr4mm
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PA
tr4mm is for the Gunfight
tr4mm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tr4mm has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by godraep View Post
Boohooo, I cant shoot the newest AKA Brick with quad detents or the inefficient equally bricky Emag :'(
I wouldve been interested to see what they wouldve come up with if they were still around (in a major capacity). The Emag and AKA from what I know (although I havent shot AKA personally) were ahead of their times. I wouldnt shoot an EMAG in any competative scenario, however, thats comparing guns that are 10+ years old to modern guns. Who would shoot a classic impulse still in competition? Ten years down the line they have the luxe (i know DLX whatever).
__________________
Total: +99/-0
PBnation: +34/-0 (+14 old, +20 new)
PBreview: +3/-0
AO: +4/-0
Ebay: +58/-0

"Originally posted by mas19: I told of ref on the dxs field that the yellow substance on my hopper was mustard from lunch."
tr4mm is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:29 PM #1103
aresfiend
20% more *****in
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron94 View Post
If by cool advertising you mean the best product out there then yes. People don't buy Apple because of cool advertising. People buy Apple because of innovation and it is the best product to choose from. If it wasn't the best product to choose from then all the "idiots" wouldn't come back to buy another product. I'm typing this on my Macbook Pro while listening to music on my apple tv with my Iphone in my pocket. I didn't buy any of these products because of cool advertising. I bought them because they were the best in their respective product categories. The Microsoft fanboys would probably say the same thing. Advertising is getting them into the store to look at the cool product. If the product sucks then people won't buy it or come back to buy more products from that company.
Actually, people don't buy Apple products because they're the best, they buy them because they're stupid simple.

While I could get an iPad Mini and buy things from the app store, I also could buy a competing Android tablet (Nexus 7 in this case). The iPad Mini is only slightly larger than the Nexus, costs $430 for a 32gb model whereas the Nexus is $250 for a 32gb model, the Mini has an A5 dual core 1.0ghz processor as opposed to the Nexus' A9 quad core 1.3ghz processor, and finally with the stock Mini you're limited to the Apple store whereas with the Nexus you get access to the Google store and many others.

I know I'll be called a troll, but Apple doesn't simply "make the best", they make another, pricier option that's just sleeker and more centralized.

Also, for people like me, I COULD buy an Apple desktop for $2,000 and not match the same amount of versatility as mine. I could get a nice video or audio editing suite, but I can't play games and then what happens when I want to render a large 3d animation? I'm ****ed if I can't buy the next one up.
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.
aresfiend is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:35 PM #1104
big_scott
Has a good personality.
 
big_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
Actually, people don't buy Apple products because they're the best, they buy them because they're stupid simple.

While I could get an iPad Mini and buy things from the app store, I also could buy a competing Android tablet (Nexus 7 in this case). The iPad Mini is only slightly larger than the Nexus, costs $430 for a 32gb model whereas the Nexus is $250 for a 32gb model, the Mini has an A5 dual core 1.0ghz processor as opposed to the Nexus' A9 quad core 1.3ghz processor, and finally with the stock Mini you're limited to the Apple store whereas with the Nexus you get access to the Google store and many others.

I know I'll be called a troll, but Apple doesn't simply "make the best", they make another, pricier option that's just sleeker and more centralized.
I wouldn't call you a troll. I'm actually a fan of Apple products, and completely agree. Though I would argue that up until recently they have had some of the best laptops you can buy in the MBP if you take the price out of the equation, but I've seen a lot of nice Windows laptops being made recently, many of which are almost a straight copy of the MBP design.


Edit: Also, I just realized that we aren't in the Tech forums right now.
__________________

Last edited by big_scott : 12-09-2012 at 06:37 PM.
big_scott is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:54 PM #1105
Aaron94
Pineapple
 
Aaron94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tulsa/OKC
Aaron94 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Aaron94 supports Team VICIOUS
Aaron94 is for the Gunfight
Aaron94 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakistani View Post
i have my degree in advertising and what you said is only partly true.
apple's advertising "says" a lot more than what it actually says. more than their products, they advertise a brand image.

people think: apple = high cost = better product.

their advertising doesn't necessarily say that up front, but their brand image certainly does. its minimal, they dont say much, and they keep it very, very subtle. apple is one of the few brands that has the ability to speak volumes without saying much at all. My sister doesn't know anything about computers and she just bought a macbook pro because she assumes that cost = quality. while i agree that apple products are very high quality, many people buy them for the name. thats exactly why apple is such a power house. not only does their brand image attract "computer novices" to their brand, their products will satisfy even more advanced computer users.

im writing this on an imac, so no windows fanboyism from me. just saying.
I didn't buy Apple for price but I see where you are coming from. I bought a Mac because I felt that the creativity side of a Macbook is better than a Windows computer. IMO buying an apple product because they are expensive and you think that means quality is just ignorance in my opinion. While stereotyping those of us that know what we are buying from apple into catagories of "Idiots" and calling us stupid for it is also ignorance.

I DJ as a hobby and I felt a Mac was a much better creative base than a Windows Computer. Plus Apple customer service has been fantastic to me. So much better than any Windows customer service. I buy Apple because the product I'm getting is better to me. I know it is expensive. But it does everything I need it to with out giving me problems and when it does give me problems, Apple always helps me out. I had a problem with an audio output jack in my Mac. Apple just gave me a Brand new Macbook and just transferred hard drives over right there. And gave me a free pair of headphones.

Now their are "idiots" in this world who buy apple for the reasons you stated. But everyone I know who has apple products, did their research. Sorry for the OT stuff. My rant is done. Now time for the ignorant stereotypical trolling to takeover.........
__________________
FREE AGENT

Last edited by Aaron94 : 12-09-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Paragraphs....
Aaron94 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 07:29 PM #1106
pbkidminion
minion
 
pbkidminion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Michigan
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
Rich guys.........lots of cash.......always a bad combo.
If there is a class of rich guys that have lots of cash, then how much cash do normal rich guys have? Maybe you're just saying that rich guys are bad in general. I don't know, but your sentence doesn't make since.
__________________
Adam "Minion" Pender
-Team Delta Ops-
-Hell Survivors Mercenary #77-

Sandana Owners Club
pbkidminion is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 07:48 PM #1107
Shootingropes
PewPew, Pew, 'Murica
 
Shootingropes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Annual Supporting Member
Shootingropes plays in the PSP
Shootingropes is an NCPA player
Shootingropes is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkidminion View Post
but your sentence doesn't make since.
lo****ingl
__________________
Lainway Sports Paintball Owner
420 Lower Road, Westtown, NY 10998

For Sale: Project Geo
Shootingropes is online now  
Old 12-09-2012, 08:13 PM #1108
dominantgazelle
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
 
dominantgazelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Foothill Ranch
dominantgazelle plays in the APPA D4 division
dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
dominantgazelle supports DLX Technology
Think I saw these in the new psp video that was posted in the paintball news section earlier
dominantgazelle is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 08:14 PM #1109
Febo
 
 
Febo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Dudes! I heard Empire might be dropping a new marker called the Vanquish soon!

Sorry to troll on this "anything goes" pissing match, but I thought you fellow ballers would wanna know.
Febo is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 08:25 PM #1110
Shootingropes
PewPew, Pew, 'Murica
 
Shootingropes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Annual Supporting Member
Shootingropes plays in the PSP
Shootingropes is an NCPA player
Shootingropes is Boss
derp
__________________
Lainway Sports Paintball Owner
420 Lower Road, Westtown, NY 10998

For Sale: Project Geo
Shootingropes is online now  
Old 12-09-2012, 08:28 PM #1111
pbkidminion
minion
 
pbkidminion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Michigan
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootingropes View Post
lo****ingl
I KNOW RIGHT!!!!!!!!
__________________
Adam "Minion" Pender
-Team Delta Ops-
-Hell Survivors Mercenary #77-

Sandana Owners Club
pbkidminion is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 09:54 PM #1112
its raiden men (Banned)
Hallelujah!
 
Join Date: May 2012

Here it is guys.
its raiden men is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 09:57 PM #1113
aresfiend
20% more *****in
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by its raiden men View Post

Here it is guys.
WOW! How many divisions will this make me go up when I buy it?
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.
aresfiend is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump