PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-08-2012, 06:03 PM #1
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
shooting differences between DROID and CLONE and Clone VX

Looking for personal feelings. I am in the market right now for another macdev, I have a droid, but want to know if going to a Clone VX (or a VX'd CLone) is it going to be a better marker? (I know except the OLED board, is it smoother? that much more efficient?)

Thanks in advance

Dan
mymutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2012, 06:27 PM #2
Mark S.
CHOWDAH

Mark S. works for a Paintball manufacturer
Mark S. plays in the APPA D4 division
If you have the Droid / Clone / Clone GT all very well broken in, all things being equal the efficiency should go in that order from worst to best, but I'm not talking about an incredibly huge difference between them all. They all have great efficiency for a spool, and are all towards the upper tier of efficiency based on when they were released.

I would also say as far as shot smoothness goes they would go in that same order as well. That said, the Droid is very smooth and decently efficient. Other people's opinions may differ from mine. All 3 are great markers.

You can probably expect 8-10 pods out of a gold bolted VX'd Clone, maybe a tad more depending on what FPS you are shooting and how broken in it is.
Mark S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:33 PM #3
HarryBalzak

HarryBalzak is a Supporting Member
I've got a VX and two Droids. Very little noticeable difference in shot smoothness. I haven't owned the Droids long enough to give you efficiency differences.

If you are looking to save a bunch of money a Droid with a VP trigger is a great gun.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:19 PM #4
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

I'm not entirely sure my droid wasn't smoother than my clone. That said, if you are ok with the frame of the droid just keep it... I don't think it is a tremendous difference.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 PM #5
xmagman
MacDev Militia

xmagman supports Team VICIOUS
xmagman is for the Gunfight
xmagman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have owned a Droid since they came out and used several Clone (VX'd and VX) and own a Clone GT. They are very good shooting guns. My biggest issue when I go to the field is deciding what gun to use that day. I love my Droid and my GT.

That being said I do believe that the Droid is just a touch smoother than my GT but I believe that is due to the Droid being well broken in and the Droid is a tad heavier than the GT. Efficiency goes to the GT as well as ergonomics and ease of maintenance.
The Droid and Clones are very solid perfoming guns. And somehow MacDev manages to out do themselves with each new generation of their spool valve line. All of them are smooth, efficient, and easily at the top of the list of their respective generations.

MacDev Clone GTi
MacDev Droid

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

Ryukyu Kings Paintball Team
xmagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:45 PM #6
mymutter
I crack myself up!

Okay, thanks for the info, going with another droid, for the price they cannot be beat.

And I agree with a well broken in droid shoots great, I have tried the GT at the field and had mixed feelings when compared it to my droid. I wanted it to be smoother, but I really could not tell.

Oh well, another droid (and I like the ergonimics of the droid, so no problems there!)

~Dan
Old 12-09-2012, 09:18 PM #7
The_Fresh
Trollin' the trolls.

Annual Supporting Member
The_Fresh plays in the PSP
The_Fresh plays in the APPA D4 division
The_Fresh has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The_Fresh supports DLX Technology
The_Fresh supports Empire
my cousin has a droid with gold bolt and i have a true clone vx. there is a slight sound signature difference it is very very slight. we used the same barrel to confirm it too. havent got around to testing efficiency but the vx is supposed to be better and i am sure it is in terms. smoothness they are both smooth. um gt vs droid yea im not going to agree with xmagman gt's are stupid smooth. as long as you end up with any macdev spool you are set. they improve upon each platform but either one is great.
The_Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:44 PM #8
xmagman
MacDev Militia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fresh View Post
um gt vs droid yea im not going to agree with xmagman gt's are stupid smooth.
I didnt say GTs arent smooth. They really are smooth shooting markers. It just seems that my Droid is smoother. But I account that more to the fact that it is well broken in. I think that once my GT gets well broken in it will be just as smooth or smoother than my Droid. Plus getting an oring fitment kit from Agressive Sports (not associated with them in any way) may help the GT get even smoother.

MacDev Clone GTi
MacDev Droid

Old 12-10-2012, 10:28 AM #9
The_Fresh
Trollin' the trolls.

Annual Supporting Member
The_Fresh plays in the PSP
The_Fresh plays in the APPA D4 division
The_Fresh has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The_Fresh supports DLX Technology
The_Fresh supports Empire
yea. i guess you could say that. they do get smoother broken in. i found that even droids are smoother than luxe 2.0's. droids are and were ahead of their time.
The_Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:10 PM #10
blazchasr
MacDev Militia

blazchasr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
blazchasr plays in the APPA D5 division
I agree with Xmagman my droid is really smooth. I had a vx'd clone and when I had to get rid of one I sold the Clone. I haven't shot the GT as much but from what I can tell its a little lighter but handles just the same. Awesome looking Droid you have there Xmagman, had one just like it
blazchasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:34 PM #11
xmagman
MacDev Militia

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazchasr View Post
I agree with Xmagman my droid is really smooth. I had a vx'd clone and when I had to get rid of one I sold the Clone. I haven't shot the GT as much but from what I can tell its a little lighter but handles just the same. Awesome looking Droid you have there Xmagman, had one just like it
Thanks! You should know I bought it from you Your Conseluim Dei isn't too shabby looking either!

MacDev Clone GTi
MacDev Droid

Old 12-10-2012, 11:04 PM #12
mymutter
I crack myself up!

LOL, this thread now makes me laugh.

No, the droid is smoother, no the vx'd clone is smoother. Well the droid was broken in, and the gt was not, no, lol lol

The Droid I have now has the stock bolt, the one I just bought has the gold bolt, (and oled board) so I would expect to notice a little bit of a difference, but I actually would not be suprised if I don't.

Thanks again for the response, it only confirms that I made the right choice!

Dan