Old 12-08-2012, 09:14 PM #1408
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
tonybhall supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazycorey View Post
Went on a four hour ride today with a group of about 10 people. First time riding with a group of younger people, so naturally they were all blasting down the road doing 160. One wrecked taking a turn too fast, but other than that it wasn't too bad.
Maybe it's just me, but this would ruin the ride for me.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2012, 09:33 PM #1409
Diametunim

Diametunim owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Spore View Post
Small chop shop huh? You lookin to expand your operation?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:16 PM #1410
xXinpayneXx
MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post
Squids crashing was a regular occurrence on our rides back home...
Old 12-08-2012, 10:53 PM #1411
carcrazycorey
Meow

carcrazycorey helped look for balloons
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
I'm 19 and haven't killed myself or wrecked doing outrageous stuff. Some people really have no damn clue. It's my opinion everyone should ride dirt for years before getting on the street. Not really related to what were talking about...but...yeaa
I'm 18 and I've never rode with people my age, it's always been adults so I've always rode pretty cautiously and never did real stupid ****. The whole dirt thing doesn't really apply to riding on the street, at all. I've rode dirtbikes since I was 9 up until about 15. There really is no comparison aside from the shifting.
Quote:
It did, in a way. He slide into the grass and got right back up, his bars bent a little and he didn't get hurt at all so it wasn't too bad. He insisted on finishing the ride.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:15 PM #1412
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Quote:
I'm 18 and I've never rode with people my age, it's always been adults so I've always rode pretty cautiously and never did real stupid ****. The whole dirt thing doesn't really apply to riding on the street, at all. I've rode dirtbikes since I was 9 up until about 15. There really is no comparison aside from the shifting.
No offense, but I'd have to say you're wrong on that. I RACED motorcycles for several years and have boxes full of trophies to prove it. There is not much difference in riding on the dirt vs. street outside of not locking up your rear brake, body positioning, and watching out for cars. The only time it would be t-total different is on a race track.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:25 PM #1413
carcrazycorey
Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanbuckhunter View Post
No offense, but I'd have to say you're wrong on that. I RACED motorcycles for several years and have boxes full of trophies to prove it. There is not much difference in riding on the dirt vs. street outside of not locking up your rear brake, body positioning, and watching out for cars. The only time it would be t-total different is on a race track.
I dunno, I see what you mean but I just never saw any similarities.
It's two totally different surfaces, different bikes, different riding styles, just different. Don't get me wrong, dirt is better than nothing but to me it doesn't really give you enough experience to compare to the street.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:34 PM #1414
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Teaches you bike control. When I get wiggly on the street bike I already know what to expect and how to correct from my dirt experience. So many people I've seen that learned on the street get scared ****less when the slightest thing goes wrong. Like chatter from the rear wheel from downshifting, or locking the brakes, or breaking traction in a turn. I feel all riding is the same. Just different styles of bikes you have to adapt to.

Whoever brings a ninja 250 to a chop shop is retarded lol. I'd steal a bike that's actually worth money.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:47 PM #1415
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Quote:
I dunno, I see what you mean but I just never saw any similarities.
It's two totally different surfaces, different bikes, different riding styles, just different. Don't get me wrong, dirt is better than nothing but to me it doesn't really give you enough experience to compare to the street.
I've been doing this over a decade, and I can assure you, you're wrong.
Quote:
Teaches you bike control. When I get wiggly on the street bike I already know what to expect and how to correct from my dirt experience. So many people I've seen that learned on the street get scared ****less when the slightest thing goes wrong. Like chatter from the rear wheel from downshifting, or locking the brakes, or breaking traction in a turn. I feel all riding is the same. Just different styles of bikes you have to adapt to.
This. this right here.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:48 PM #1416
carcrazycorey
Meow

Quote:
I've been doing this over a decade, and I can assure you, you're wrong.

This. this right here.
I was telling you what my thoughts were, I wasn't saying you were wrong.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:59 PM #1417
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Went on a four hour ride today with a group of about 10 people. First time riding with a group of younger people, so naturally they were all blasting down the road doing 160. One wrecked taking a turn too fast, but other than that it wasn't too bad.
Aren't you like 17?
Old 12-09-2012, 12:05 AM #1418
carcrazycorey
Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
Aren't you like 17?
18. But like I said in my previous post, I've never rode with people my age. It's always been adults.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:07 AM #1419
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
18. But like I said in my previous post, I've never rode with people my age. It's always been adults.
Gotcha. I prefer riding with older guys. More skill, less drama.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:10 AM #1420
carcrazycorey
Meow

Very true. Back home there were hardly any people that rode, and if they did it was most likely a Harley or a cruiser. So I would ride with my boss sometimes and his buddies. Usually rode solo though. Now I live in Gainesville, and there's a ton of UF students that have bikes so its a lot easier to get a ride together.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:36 AM #1421
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

I'd way rather ride alone than ride with dumb ***** that are dangerous. Hence why I am always riding alone unless its with Adam or someone from our regional forum. I've yet to meet one person otherwise I actually want to ride with and feel comfortable doing so. Most "motorcyclists" I meet are just complete ****ing blow hards.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:58 AM #1422
sumo64c

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diametunim View Post
I was going to say the lineup is ugly, but I went and looked again and decided it's just the Goldwing I don't like. The Goldwing has never looked good though I mean look at this thing.

It's awful, but that's nothing new. I like the new 500's they're releasing but I couldn't justify the sub 5k asking price when I could go pick up something else for less.

Never a bad choice, I loved my brothers when I rode it. I want my own but I'm in love with my KLR. It's a blast to be cruising down the highway find a dirt path and go blast down it.

And since we're posting photos.

Nice ride cheapskate! I put 30,000 miles on my 08 klr before trading it in on a Er6n...naked ninja 650. The klr is the best jack of all trade rides you can buy for the money. If Kawasaki would smarten up and drop the ninja 650 motor in the klr chasis....they would absolutely destroy the 650 dual sport market.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:07 AM #1423
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
Quote:
He slide into the grass and got right back up, his bars bent a little and he didn't get hurt at all so it wasn't too bad. He insisted on finishing the ride.
Ah.... In my head I pictured something much worse. That's barely a crash. Glad he wasn't hurt.

Quote:
No offense, but I'd have to say you're wrong on that. I RACED motorcycles for several years and have boxes full of trophies to prove it. There is not much difference in riding on the dirt vs. street [b]outside of not locking up your rear brake, body positioning, and watching out for cars.[b] The only time it would be t-total different is on a race track.
I'd say those things you mentioned make up a pretty big difference, especially to a new rider. And you left out the fact that a motorcycle handles very differently on asphalt than it does on dirt, mud, and gravel. To someone like you with years of riding experience, those differences might not seem like a big deal. But to a young inexperienced rider, they can be a really big deal. I find that experienced riders often forget what it's like to be new on a bike and just how little it takes to make new riders very uncomfortable.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:15 AM #1424
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
Quote:
I'd way rather ride alone than ride with dumb <del>*****</del> that are dangerous. Hence why I am always riding alone unless its with Adam or someone from our regional forum. I've yet to meet one person otherwise I actually want to ride with and feel comfortable doing so. Most "motorcyclists" I meet are just complete <del>****</del>ing blow hards.
Completely agree with you there. Most sport bike riders I know ride like asshats on the street. And I just don't fit into the cruiser crowd. I get along with them fine but I stick out like a sore thumb.

I have about a dozen friends that I ride with in small groups (2-4) from time to time. And I taught half of them how to ride. They all just enjoy getting their knees in the breeze. None of them feel the need to get on the interstate, go 150 mph and pop wheelies or play dodgem with cars.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:16 AM #1425
paintballblk13
►Kyle◄

paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballblk13 supports Bob Gurnsey
paintballblk13 posts videos on PbNation
paintballblk13 is Legendary
Milky spore

Does the bike not stink up the whole house?

Last edited by paintballblk13 : 12-09-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:43 AM #1426
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

No. All the fluids are drained. It's on cardboard too, its just not in the pic.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:09 PM #1427
Samoa Was Banned 3x
2008 Yamaha R1

Samoa Was Banned 3x donated to help Peyton Trent
Samoa Was Banned 3x helped look for balloons
Samoa Was Banned 3x supports Team VICIOUS
Samoa Was Banned 3x is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Completely agree with you there. Most sport bike riders I know ride like asshats on the street. And I just don't fit into the cruiser crowd. I get along with them fine but I stick out like a sore thumb.

I have about a dozen friends that I ride with in small groups (2-4) from time to time. And I taught half of them how to ride. They all just enjoy getting their knees in the breeze. None of them feel the need to get on the interstate, go 150 mph and pop wheelies or play dodgem with cars.
See, the group I ride with is all experienced and we go hard in the country where we know we're gonna be safe. When on our big rides we are usually atleast 20 deep minimum. We enjoy our wheelies, going fast, but we know how each of us ride and how to react. Maybe it's just me, but I can ride as hard as the person next to me, and I do, but I know WHEN to. That's the problem nowadays, people just can't control themselves anymore.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:31 PM #1428
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

I feel lucky. We have a pretty good group of guys and gals down here. We had a group of 20-25 bikes today.

The street is never a safe place to go fast, even out in the country it's just ridiculously dangerous.

Quote:
This. There is a reason so many roadracers practice on dirt/flat track in their off time.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 12-09-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Closed Thread