Old 12-07-2012, 09:36 AM #22
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
Low grade material? Please prove that statement.

As for the milling being garbage, unlike most other "high end" guns the clone is actually made by MacDev in Australia under the direct supervision of James and Bourke. So they leave some milling marks on the outside, but I guarantee the tolerances are some of the tightest in the business.

Possibly. But for the price tag I want a gun with well rounded trigger frame edges. I feel that was a half *** job... The gun just feels cheap IMO and its doesnt have the feel of traditional guns. Im not a fan of the frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinaragetc View Post
Ignorant statement.
This guy wants our opinions and I am giving mine. No need to get butt hurt over an " In my opinion" statement. Furthermore, if this is an "ignorant statement" please feel free to clairify why and not just spam the OP's wall.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***

Last edited by MaG Adrenal1ne : 12-07-2012 at 09:43 AM.
MaG Adrenal1ne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2012, 09:53 AM #23
carolinaragetc

has been a member for 10 years
carolinaragetc plays in the PSP
carolinaragetc plays in the APPA D3 division
I don't have a problem if you think the milling is "cheap" and not smooth. You said the gun is made of low grade material, which is completely off base and false. Not liking the milling is an opinion, saying its made of "low grade material" is a false statement
In case you missed my sig, I'm not a "GT fan boy". I'm currently also own a Luxe and love it. I've owned mostly PE equipment the last 5-6 years, and used their private label guns before they even produced their own lines
carolinaragetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:56 AM #24
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG Adrenal1ne View Post
Possibly. But for the price tag I want a gun with well rounded trigger frame edges. I feel that was a half *** job... The gun just feels cheap IMO and its doesnt have the feel of traditional guns. Im not a fan of the frame.
I do agree that the frame could use a little more radiusing, but the gun is not cheaply made nor does it use cheap materials. I actually like the older brick-style MacDev frames and feel like the new grips are an improvement, so comfort is all relative.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 AM #25
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
I do agree that the frame could use a little more radiusing, but the gun is not cheaply made nor does it use cheap materials. I actually like the older brick-style MacDev frames and feel like the new grips are an improvement, so comfort is all relative.
Brick style was my favorite. I wish they would of stayed with it.
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***
Old 12-07-2012, 10:05 AM #26
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinaragetc View Post
I don't have a problem if you think the milling is "cheap" and not smooth. You said the gun is made of low grade material, which is completely off base and false. Not liking the milling is an opinion, saying its made of "low grade material" is a false statement
In case you missed my sig, I'm not a "GT fan boy". I'm currently also own a Luxe and love it. I've owned mostly PE equipment the last 5-6 years, and used their private label guns before they even produced their own lines
I should of clarified that it feels cheap. I just would of liked to see a better frame design. Granite none of my argument is based on gun performace which is phenominal just the frame ruins it for me.
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***
Old 12-07-2012, 01:55 PM #27
JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
JC001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JC001 posts videos on PbNation
JC001 plays in the APPA D4 division
shoot all three and compare for yourself. I personally like the GT the most, its the best gun I've ever shot
JC001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:40 PM #28
Check'emRef

Id go with the GT
Check'emRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:53 AM #29
xxm4ddogxx
SLACKER

Annual Supporting Member
xxm4ddogxx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xxm4ddogxx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xxm4ddogxx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xxm4ddogxx has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have owned and played tournaments with all three markers. all have their flaws and pros.
1) geo 3 has adjustable solenoid setting so you can shoot the smoothest and efficient, or faster and more accurate, It is also very comfortable in the hands and shoots great right out of the box. it will come with 2 bolts (original geo 2 bolt and the soft touch bolt) The Shaft 4 kit is great but highly reccomend either deadly winds kit, other carbon fiber barrel, or boost kit.

2) Luxes are smooth and very complex markers. If you get a great luxe it will shoot amazing with minimal tuning and have very good results. Fsdo and bolt stick are very very prominant in all versions of the luxe. only with modded cores or sprung bolts will fsdo and bolt stick be almost entirely eliminated. It seems that once the luxe has one bad issue it goes all down hill from there. They fit very well in the hands and are great for all field positions.

3) The clone gt is a great marker that is slightly boxy in its feel. It doesnt seem to have as many problems with bolt stick or fsdo as the luxe. it shoots just as smooth as a luxe especially when bolt is spring modded. The shift barrel is great and the rest of the kit is worth the 99$. It can handle all kinds of paint and shoot all the same. Overall great marker.

I would have to rank the geo 3 as the absolute top because i never had any kinds of issues with mine and never had any kind of fsdo or bolt stick even right out of the box brand new. Next would be the Gt because it is simplistic with high results the big downside for me was how it fit in my hands it was too boxy in its feel. The luxe would be third because it requires much modding or purchase of another core to fully eliminate a lot of fsdo or bolt stick issues. and i see more and more luxes go down as time goes on.

Geo 3 ftw
hope this was a help

JT proflex B/S/T Group
xxm4ddogxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:10 AM #30
Buckeye22

Annual Supporting Member
Buckeye22 is BST Trusted
Buckeye22 plays in the PSP
Buckeye22 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Buckeye22 supports Team VICIOUS
Buckeye22 plays in the APPA D4 division
Buckeye22 supports Empire
thanks everyone with your opinions on the markers. im in between the luxe and geo3 havent made up my mind yet. but what is the difference between a luxe 1, 1.5 and 2.0? is there a big difference and which one would be best to pick up?
Buckeye22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 AM #31
hscpaintballa

hscpaintballa plays in the PSP
hscpaintballa is playing at Living Legends VI
hscpaintballa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hscpaintballa supports Team VICIOUS
hscpaintballa plays in the APPA D3 division
hscpaintballa supports DLX Technology
I would get a 1.5 that already has the 2.0 core... The 2.0 core will help prevent any fsdo issues that may arise... I had issues with my 1.0 eye covers popping off, although I know others had zero issues... The 1.5 put a screw into the eye covers to keep them in place. In my opinion u can't go wrong with either marker ur looking at. If u go with the luxe, I would avoid the pooty parts just because in my experience, it made oring fitment more tedious. The stock 2.0 core has worked great in my 1.5s and 2.0s

KPS PAINTBALL
hscpaintballa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:42 AM #32
carolinaragetc

has been a member for 10 years
carolinaragetc plays in the PSP
carolinaragetc plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscpaintballa View Post
I would get a 1.5 that already has the 2.0 core... The 2.0 core will help prevent any fsdo issues that may arise... I had issues with my 1.0 eye covers popping off, although I know others had zero issues... The 1.5 put a screw into the eye covers to keep them in place. In my opinion u can't go wrong with either marker ur looking at. If u go with the lu, I would avoid the pooty parts just because in my experience, it made oring fitment more tedious. The stock 2.0 core has worked great in my 1.5s and 2.0s
What he said about getting an older Luxe. There's not much difference between them to justify the price difference.
The oring fitment with the Pooty cores was because of the NDZ v1 cans. It was fixed with the v2 cans. It's no longer a problem. A 2.0 core isn't necessary. It doesn't offer any real performance upgrades. Just helps with FSDO, less maintenance, and easier to service. I'm still rocking the 1.0 core, hand fitted orings. Prolly try a full Pooty core eventually.
carolinaragetc is offline   Reply With Quote