Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-01-2012, 02:39 PM #22
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGKILLA21 View Post
guys not to be a dick but theres a reason this is a spyder thread, i mean yes your right it would be better to spend the money on a better gun but as i stated in a prev post but i dont want to, i like the fact that if i absolutely have to i can use co2, since most ppl i play with use co2 i dont want to end up not playing because i cant use co2 in my pmr/etek/mini, i usually always use hpa but i like the fact that if need be i can use co2, the way i see it the rs is the best spyder made so by upgrading it it will be even better, sry but this isnt a "what gun should i get for blank dollars?" thread its a im upgrading the **** out of my spyder thread and ill be updating with pics and eventually a list for all vs/rs upgrades that ppl didnt know about
power to you bro, make a video when you get all your stuff in and on the marker
Old 12-01-2012, 03:32 PM #23
mnkywitagun

Ah Killa Co2 is A o-ring KIlla! HPA is always better to use for the all Markers, Spyders included. It is just a matter of time before the extreme coldness dries out the polyurethane orings and makes them brittle enough to cause leaks....alot sooner than using HPA would. and yes The RS is one of the best markers kingman has made. I love my RS with the upgrades i did (basically only tadao board and clamping feedneck) but cost effective wise putting more than than that doesn't seem neccesary, but hey it's your marker and money...I'll just be standing by for the "I have a leak coming from the small hole on reg Or i have air coming down the barrel " posts. Using co2 even once for a day of playing can cause damage to the valve and cp reg you are planing on using.

Last edited by mnkywitagun : 12-01-2012 at 03:40 PM.
mnkywitagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:05 PM #24
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

KINGKILLA21 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KINGKILLA21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah I know it's going to cause leaks and like I said I use hpa I only use co2 a couple times, when I get all my upgrades in I'm going to do a complete Oring change, get the reg set to 300 or hopefully lower and adjust the velocity

Sickest spyder rs around!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3892297

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
KINGKILLA21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:17 AM #25
ItalianCustom
:dodgy:

ItalianCustom donated to help Peyton Trent
ItalianCustom supports Team VICIOUS
ItalianCustom is for the Gunfight
ItalianCustom has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
co2 is fine if you do it right... I shoot co2 out of my super spyder and have 0 issues. its all about taking care of your gun. Some of the best modded spyders out there run on co2.... anybody else been here long enough to remember the super bee? cmon now.
ItalianCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:43 PM #26
mnkywitagun

yeah italian but not everybody runs a palmers reg. Why try a make a second choice form of high pressure air work better, when compressed air tanks are alot better. Palmers stabilizers are the only regs i would use when running co2.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:36 PM #27
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Just an update today I got the valken tank cover, spyder vs board and detents, only problem is one of my eye cover screws is stripped (of course) so I gotta try fix that then shave down the detents because right now the bolt hits them, still on its way is cp barrel, cp feedneck, red macroline black fittings, thermal lense for my vforce armors and Der Der bunker insurance I'll post pics and a shooting vid when it's all put together and fine tuned

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
Old 12-18-2012, 06:14 PM #28
acmeman

acmeman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
acmeman has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Don't shave down the detents. Enlarge the grooves in the bolt instead.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:00 PM #29
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

here it is so far

Old 12-19-2012, 02:26 PM #30
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkywitagun View Post
yeah italian but not everybody runs a palmers reg. Why try a make a second choice form of high pressure air work better, when compressed air tanks are alot better. Palmers stabilizers are the only regs i would use when running co2.
Palmers aren't the only regs you can run with Co2. It's all about maintenance.
You'd be surprised what you can do with Co2 and a Spyder.
MacrolineGuy.com
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:24 PM #31
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

You can run co2 in a cp reg it even says on their site

Old 12-20-2012, 08:47 AM #32
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Nice RS btw. I still have my VS2.
MacrolineGuy.com
Old 12-20-2012, 01:09 PM #33
mnkywitagun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGKILLA21 View Post
Just an update today I got the valken tank cover, spyder vs board and detents, only problem is one of my eye cover screws is stripped (of course) so I gotta try fix that then shave down the detents because right now the bolt hits them, still on its way is cp barrel, cp feedneck, red macroline black fittings, thermal lense for my vforce armors and Der Der bunker insurance I'll post pics and a shooting vid when it's all put together and fine tuned
Killa not to degrade your marker it is nice. but the only real upgrade is the vs board over the stock. tank cover? detents(need them anyway)? cp barrel (okay maybe better accuracy if ball to barrel diameter is correct). diff. color macroline line. the clamping feedneck is an improvement to the stock... My point is and i made it before the Rs is pretty much a "beast out the box" as i stated earlier and showed with video. changing the board out improved the rate of fire and gave more settings. other than that its a solid marker as it is. The marker doesn't make the beast the player makes the beast. hold on to it though it is one of the best markers Kingman has ever made.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:47 PM #34
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkywitagun View Post
Killa not to degrade your marker it is nice. but the only real upgrade is the vs board over the stock. tank cover? detents(need them anyway)? cp barrel (okay maybe better accuracy if ball to barrel diameter is correct). diff. color macroline line. the clamping feedneck is an improvement to the stock... My point is and i made it before the Rs is pretty much a "beast out the box" as i stated earlier and showed with video. changing the board out improved the rate of fire and gave more settings. other than that its a solid marker as it is. The marker doesn't make the beast the player makes the beast. hold on to it though it is one of the best markers Kingman has ever made.
There is more to the marker you can improve on. I have some ideas that SHOULD work and put the marker below the 300psi range.
MacrolineGuy.com
Old 12-21-2012, 02:41 AM #35
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Yeah my old board was messed so that was needed also most of the other upgrades are to make it look sexy while also having benefits you know?

Old 12-21-2012, 04:34 AM #36
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
KingKilla- Quick lesson. Remember HIGH FLOW for LOW PRESSURE will get you to your goal. Ideally the all channels of air need to be as big as the hole where the air passes through the valve body to bolt. Smaller than will restrict, Larger will be less efficient. This is the simplest way i could explain this.

So we can focus on these first.

Bolt- need to keep as much of the air flowing through. So old spyders had solid aluminum bolts with a low tech venturi, were heavier than needed. Now the way we upgrades these were 2 ways: A: remove the venturi, B: Now the with the venturi removed is a sharp 90degree angle inside the hollowed area. so we make that airflow more directed through the bolt with a ramp. C: to dampen the initial strike on the paintball we beveled the face of bolt. D: one of the more important things we did was lighten it through any means possible.

So Then someone decided to make these VS/RS bolts out of delrin to solve the weight issuse, and if you notice the other mods are included. The 1 thing they messed up on is the o-rings. The orings help seal the uppertube off. You will notice the vs/rs has 1 oring on the back and in some cases the body has an o-ring in the breach to help.

So my point, stock bolt almost perfect, 1 oring short.

Valve-Now the old school way was to cut, drill and lathe everything bigger. Now take a look at your valve pin and you will notice its thin. Most of your performance is from that. Smaller gains from the body itself unless you were using an AKA or Rocket valves (which require a bit more finesse). Lucky for your Spyder came out with an EKO valve this year. The difference from what you have and and it is the body. Very easy to swap out, use, and will actually fit the RS with out modification.

Prevalve Air Assembly Lots of just parts that can hinder performance that you forget about. So start with the Vertical Adapter Drill it or dremel it out bigger if you have to, but be careful not to breech where the screw holds it in. OR Find a trinity Adapter (well worth the money if your using an after marker regulator)

Regulator Now the reason the Palmers stabilizer and Boblong Torpedo's are very popular with spyders are actually for their Higher pressures. Older spyders were harder to get to drop below 500psi when the knowledge was being gathered and parts weren't as available. The are benefits of the 2 regulators the way they are built for CO2. They have more room for expansion, which prevents less blowout from liquid expansion and freezing. Typically they came with polyurethane orings instead of buna, Which for this discussion the buna you find are too soft and flexible for the job, not the material itself.

The easy way to not care which regulator your using is replace all orings with tougher one (probably poly) and get anti-siphons installed on your CO2 tanks (which should be must if you plan on using regularly).

ASADoesn't seem like a big deal, but those old spyders we used to drill them out big. Many aftermarket on/off are sufficient though. I wouldn't be surprised if the one you have is too.

Fitting and Lines First off, ditch whatever you have for lines. Macro lines will be easy and painless. Now get quality, Macrolineguy.com is probably the best source. highest flow, best quality, and Safest. The lines are probably the last place you look for restriction but make sure they aren't tiny or it will only hurt your recharge rate on the regulator.

extra notes on the VS/RS series:

*ball bearning detents are the best for this, go to hardware store and find one that doesnt fall through, glue pen spring to it. Cut spring to fit in your eye cover. Glue it your eye cover.

*Optional valve that fits is the Balance valve, you will need the entire lower assembly for best results.

* ion threaded neck. Rep CCM feednecks they have superb quality. Only other neck i cam across was a low rise shocktech. The rest are garbage In my opinion.

*barrel - don't bother . The 2-piece barrel from spyder were made well, the VS, the VS upgrade, The 08 electra all performed exceptionally. You need to use consistent paint, and then tune your marker to that paint. It doesn't matter if you over bore, under bore, or match. If your buy cheap paint get something you can measure the caliber of the each ball and separate them before hand, they probably need to be wiped down anyway. Do this and you will never have a problem with consistency. I've had J&J to Full Freak and sold them off. The ceramic coat on the J&J was nice for some added insurance for when the cheap balls decide to go sour, It buys you time to clean out your barrel the next chance you get and nothing more.

*reg recommendation: BL360 or dye. I dislike CP products, they feel cheap is my main reason, if your going all out you might as well choose better anyway.

*Fix the sloppy trigger, magnetic return, shim the side play out with thin nylon or copper washers and make sure you have 3 adjustment screws. MR2/3 would fit, but only has 2. Just incase you see a style you like.

*pick up a handheld chrono, you will need it to see results.

*board doesn't matter much cause there isn't much for choices. Get the tadao board with M7chip for a quick dirrect install made for the VS/RS or fit the virtue board in. You will want to full adjustments.

*don't expect more than 17bps out of the RS with CO2

As far as the haters go, don't worry, sure you not "as smooth" but its damn close when your if your in the 200-300psi range. Sure the max bps wont ever be 40bps but it doesn't matter. PSP has 13bps ramping and nppl unlimited is still semi-auto. Most player have trouble breaking that 20bps standing still focusing on only moving your fingers. Some of these spyders are easy enough (on compressed air) to shoot to 20bps that it takes the argument away that someone can outshoot you. I always took pride in that I know how my guns going to fire, and they've got some character.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.

Last edited by ferret15 : 12-21-2012 at 04:55 AM.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:44 AM #37
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Ferret you covered a lot of good points. All in all a Spyder has the potential to compete against any marker out there. Yes it'll take time and patience and some tinkering skills. But you can build a really nice UNIQUE marker for very little money.
MacrolineGuy.com
Old 12-21-2012, 01:30 PM #38
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Thanks alot for those tips! And I already have the detent mod i used bbs and pen springs, as for the feedneck i got a no rise cp feedneck, and I also have macroline and fittings on the way, the ASA seems alright so I'm keeping it, after i make the spot on the Bolt for second oring and get reg adapter Nd reg Im going to attempt to drive out the va and everything

Old 12-22-2012, 08:43 PM #39
Harrison57
Muppet Mower

Harrison57 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Harrison57 supports Team VICIOUS
Harrison57 plays in the APPA beginner division
Harrison57 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Harrison57 supports DLX Technology
Killa I like the progress so far. If I may recommend taking a look at the vs chip. http://www.ansgear.com/Tadao_Spyder_...pgradechip.htm

It gives the board a lot more modes and versatility. Keep up the good work
PROVIDENCE PROPAGANDA#57

SUNGLASS SALE!!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3946333
Harrison57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:51 PM #40
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Damn it!!!! Lol Thats what i Forget!! On my last order which Im still waiting for i knew i forgot something, yeah i was going to get it but obviously forgot, will have to order it when i send in my reg setup order and thanks

Old 12-22-2012, 08:54 PM #41
Harrison57
Muppet Mower

Harrison57 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Harrison57 supports Team VICIOUS
Harrison57 plays in the APPA beginner division
Harrison57 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Harrison57 supports DLX Technology
No problem man. Keep me updated
PROVIDENCE PROPAGANDA#57

SUNGLASS SALE!!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3946333
Harrison57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:40 PM #42
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Will do