Old 12-07-2012, 04:34 PM #820
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 supports Team VICIOUS
RBR321 supports DLX Technology
What kind of stabilizer is this?

I've seen them used a lot more in recent videos and I've been trying to figure out exactly what it is. Looks like it's basically an upside down monopod with a handle but common sense tells me it must be something more than just that. If it's that simple of a product I could just use my monopod and two L brackets to make one
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA
RBR321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2012, 04:35 PM #821
pbjunkiee
Go big or go home

looks ghetto

st:p hk trollfest 8-29-11
pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:01 PM #822
StosPhotography
Stos Photography

StosPhotography is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullset View Post
How big is the folder of pictures that you're using for the timelapse? Small enough to be dropboxed or put in a downloadable section of your website?

Don't have any experience with iMovie, but do have some experience with timelapses.

about 500mb... the thing is I am getting amazing IQ when I make the time lapse, and it is exactly how I want it... the only problem I am having is when I upload it to vimeo, it is terrible

StosPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:59 PM #823
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR321

I've seen them used a lot more in recent videos and I've been trying to figure out exactly what it is. Looks like it's basically an upside down monopod with a handle but common sense tells me it must be something more than just that. If it's that simple of a product I could just use my monopod and two L brackets to make one
looks like a makeshift steadicam. but its hard to tell in the picture. might just be because im on my phone.

Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:18 PM #824
westsideballer1324
AZ Paintball

westsideballer1324 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Filming at a Concert.(mic help)

I recently got my first DSLR and I am getting into filming at a concert. I was hoping if any of you have had experience with this, you could guide me to an external microphone that will capture more of the music and not the crowd. (I will be filming from the front row, so the crowd will be behind me.) also I'm talking about small-name GA concerts, not big stadiums.
westsideballer1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:04 AM #825
wafflecakee
No Dogs, No Masters

wafflecakee supports DLX Technology
Try to record from the PA system if you can get access.
wafflecakee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:55 AM #826
skwirnmn
Chris Loh

skwirnmn has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoBaller1991 View Post
looks like a makeshift steadicam. but its hard to tell in the picture. might just be because im on my phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjunkiee View Post
looks ghetto
it's an upside down glide cam.. I do that all the time with glidecams for lower angles.
skwirnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:35 PM #827
Bluewolf
ǝıd

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflecakee View Post
Try to record from the PA system if you can get access.
This. If you have to use a mic, look at the polar pattern. Use a cardioid or hyper cardioid. Those are directional mics. Omni will capture everything (with only a slight dip in what's behind it).

You could also pick up a Zoom or Tascam recorder. The mics on those are slightly directional.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:39 PM #828
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwirnmn View Post
it's an upside down glide cam.. I do that all the time with glidecams for lower angles.
ah ok. Damn kids and their glidecams.

Instagram
Old 10-09-2013, 10:20 PM #829
glace2118

glace2118 supports Cereal Killerz 2
glace2118 posts videos on PbNation
glace2118 supports Pev's Paintball
glace2118 plays in the APPA beginner division
Idk if anyone still post in here but i use to make paintball videos. I just recently made this music video. I was looking for some criticism. I did the best I could with the footage I had.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:36 PM #830
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

Quote:
Originally Posted by glace2118 View Post
Idk if anyone still post in here but i use to make paintball videos. I just recently made this music video. I was looking for some criticism. I did the best I could with the footage I had. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRVBfXk_Sfw
Couple of things It clearly looks like you shot it on a dslr (which if thats the look you were going for, cool) The white balance looks different in pretty much every shot. I'm sure you didnt have access to lights, but actually lighting it could have given you a more unique style and helped with the white balance problem (assuming you use all the same color temp lights) Those prebuilt imovie effects dont really help much (that might have been a video copilot effect?) if you want to do some sort of effect it usually looks better if you build it yourself and change it a little so it looks more organic. But overall to me, it looks like a stereotypical music video someone shot on their t2i. Not saying that to be a dick i promise. I live in chicago and I see people making music videos for "up and coming" rappers every week and they all look the same except for a small few. If youre going to make a video, no matter what it is, go all out every time. get a crew together who like to make videos too. Yes i know getting gear as simple as lights can be hard. Worst case buy some scraps of CTO and CTB so you can correct lights. Hopefully everything i said makes sense, i just woke up. source: I work in tv as a grip. Ive also worked on a music video like this back when i was in school. (or just check the instagram)

Instagram