Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
Sounda like crack.... mix and stir proporly or your screwed :p
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2013, 08:41 PM #44
99BPS

My homie had a similar issue! Got a marker rare PL (PE) impulse off Cl and it was sold as working - in good condition. Turns out there was JB weld (or something similar) holding together a major crack in the body, which leaked when the quick fix failed.

He actually did use mighty putty, and it has never caused noid failure to date, hes shot 16+ cases through it. I'm dead ***. He even covered it up so it looks good, can't even tell its there.
Mech: GoG EnmeY
Pump: Az KP2, Pre2K WGP PumPed Cocker
Old School: Evil Pimp #1: Black/Silver
Super Pimp (#2): *Minty stock* SuperMan color swap
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:00 PM #45
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
the JB worked like a champ, just a tiny bit did the trick.

on to the next issue *oh my god i have trademygun soooooo much*
power on, eyes off, noid *clicks*, air up...... takes sometimes 1 shot and some times well over 10 or 20 "shots" to get the gun to cycle.
i relubed the piston in the noid with down 33, checked o make sure there was nothing clogging up the gun at all.

my main indy is at a dwell of 11.5, this will not even cycle under 15. how do i fix a noid? i have 2 guns doing this, indy and invasion.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:52 PM #46
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffan2 View Post
the JB worked like a champ, just a tiny bit did the trick.

on to the next issue *oh my god i have trademygun soooooo much*
power on, eyes off, noid *clicks*, air up...... takes sometimes 1 shot and some times well over 10 or 20 "shots" to get the gun to cycle.
i relubed the piston in the noid with down 33, checked o make sure there was nothing clogging up the gun at all.

my main indy is at a dwell of 11.5, this will not even cycle under 15. how do i fix a noid? i have 2 guns doing this, indy and invasion.
What are your regs set at? I'm hoping you set them up correctly. If you have no air flow or too much air flow the noid may not work obviously.

Broken wires could also be an issue.

Or the obvious problem........your fix actually didn't work and there is no air going to the noid.

Usually the SMC noids are pretty rock solid but seeing as how you tend to like the abused guns, anything is possible lol.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" critical .680 barrel and cure 3 + bolt F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:23 PM #47
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
yeah its definitely got air flowing. i took off the front screw to make sure that the hole in the gun was clear of any debris. i used my good indy to set the inline regulators that i tried on the gun. one of them has wires that have been broken and soldered back together but i dont think that is the problem because the other noid's wires are just fine. my pressure tester is broken but they are right around 225 on the gauge that i have for it.

i took the entire ram housing and solenoid off of my other indy and it seemed to work just fine.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:18 PM #48
MstrKey

project gun

Quote:
yeah its definitely got air flowing. i took off the front screw to make sure that the hole in the gun was clear of any debris. i used my good indy to set the inline regulators that i tried on the gun. one of them has wires that have been broken and soldered back together but i dont think that is the problem because the other noid's wires are just fine. my pressure tester is broken but they are right around 225 on the gauge that i have for it.

i took the entire ram housing and solenoid off of my other indy and it seemed to work just fine.
Hmmm if the other ram housing worked then at least you narrowed things down. It could be as easy as an over sized oring on the ram. Or in the ram housing. Does the ram cap still have the rear bumper on it? If that comes out then the ram may not be lining up with the transfer holes properly.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:18 PM #49
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
I hate to be David Downer -but sounds like the noid.
You said you took it apart - I don't take the spindle out of them - once they are taken apart they are good only for the electronics. The 5 way is done...
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:04 PM #50
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
rammer has the bumper on it.

i was afraid of that lol. i wonder if there is a way to get some more of the 5 ways without paying out the wazuu for the full solenoid?
Old 01-23-2013, 01:19 PM #51
MstrKey

avoid the noid

Quote:
rammer has the bumper on it.

i was afraid of that lol. i wonder if there is a way to get some more of the 5 ways without paying out the wazuu for the full solenoid?
I doubt it but honestly Jack is usually pretty reasonable on his noid prices. You could grab the part number off of the noid itself and do a google search. You might get lucky and find someone with a spare they're willing to sell cheap.

You could also try swapping the electronics from one bad noid onto the mechanical bits of another bad noid. It's possible they may have different issues , in which case you may end up with one good one. Worth a shot lol.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:23 PM #52
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
You could also try swapping the electronics from one bad noid onto the mechanical bits of another bad noid. It's possible they may have different issues , in which case you may end up with one good one. Worth a shot lol.
indeed indeed. so there is the front part were the wire goes, then a middle block-spacer thing, then the mechanical bit. any way the middle bit can get messed up?
Old 01-24-2013, 02:41 PM #53
MstrKey

noids is anoiding.

Quote:
indeed indeed. so there is the front part were the wire goes, then a middle block-spacer thing, then the mechanical bit. any way the middle bit can get messed up?
It's certainly possible. I would only take off the bit you want to change and leave the rest intact if at all possible. I don't have one around so I don't remember what they look like or how they come apart.

Either way it's a long shot. Giv'r!