Community Focus

Old 12-05-2012, 11:42 AM #22
vincib
Pandamonium

vincib is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
vincib owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
vincib supports Pev's Paintball
ANSGEar is running a sale right now on a BL Victory V2 for 800 new,, still room for a hopper and the BL is pretty high end.
http://www.ansgear.com/dealoftheday.asp?utm_source=ANSGEAR+CUSTOMERS&utm_ campaign=ebe497b4cf-FLASH+DEALS&utm_medium=email

Angel just doesnt seem like a fit considering the options versus the nostalgia verus the cost of ownership not to mention the massive depreciation angels are undergoing, if you want to really compete with it. Angel made some sweet gear, but even the new stuff thats left dealers are ditching at low prices just to move it out of the way.

If you want one for the collection aspect and the nostalgia, then its worth whatever your willing to pay. But the overall value/re-sale wont be there for the general populus when its time to move on, if you chose to.

Good luck

Last edited by vincib : 12-05-2012 at 11:46 AM.
vincib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:50 AM #23
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
I've been talking with the OP through PM's and hes already made up his mind on buying a Mini and doing a few ups right from the get-go. (relay asa, boss or lurker bolt ,ect) It'll treat him well for years to come until he decides to dive into the high-ends.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:54 AM #24
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

If you're going to do anything like the relay off the bat, then an axe probably turns out to be a better value. Minis/axes can easily shoot with any high end, so I think it's a good choice.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:59 AM #25
peacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
If you're going to do anything like the relay off the bat, then an axe probably turns out to be a better value. Minis/axes can easily shoot with any high end, so I think it's a good choice.
Yeah but hes a smaller dude and prefers the Mini's ergo to the Axe. Either way, like you and I said, dont think hes making a bad decision and he'll enjoy the gun.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:14 PM #26
prodigaL_son

Thanks to everyone for the help. I've settled on the mini because I have actually held one and since I am a smaller player I feel that the small size of the gun is actually a bonus.

I also think (based on the knowledge I've acquired from a ton of amazing advice) that it is a good gun to modify and make into something that shoots the way I want. I can learn and get comfortable with the technical side of the game as well which is something I care about.

Spending the money on a great gun is something I want to do, but I don't want to be the douche that just buys the best **** before he even gets good at the sport. The mini will allow me to play how and where I want and has room to grow with me as I grow as a player.

Once again, thank you for all the help it has made a HuGe difference. Especially to peacob who has been patient while I fired question after question at him via PMs !!!
prodigaL_son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:20 PM #27
peacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigaL_son View Post
Thanks to everyone for the help. I've settled on the mini because I have actually held one and since I am a smaller player I feel that the small size of the gun is actually a bonus.

I also think (based on the knowledge I've acquired from a ton of amazing advice) that it is a good gun to modify and make into something that shoots the way I want. I can learn and get comfortable with the technical side of the game as well which is something I care about.

Spending the money on a great gun is something I want to do, but I don't want to be the douche that just buys the best **** before he even gets good at the sport. The mini will allow me to play how and where I want and has room to grow with me as I grow as a player.

Once again, thank you for all the help it has made a HuGe difference. Especially to peacob who has been patient while I fired question after question at him via PMs !!!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:26 PM #28
enemy master

i would say a bob long marq or marq victory. You can get a marq for 300 and the victtory in the 400's. low maintenance and shoots great in any weather. i wouldn't buy anything new to start out with.
enemy master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:47 PM #29
dakotaman

Annual Supporting Member
dakotaman owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dakotaman is attending Decay of Nations VI
Arrow former Angel owner

I had a Rasta G7 Fly and a Joy A1 and had problems with both. angels are heavy bulky guns that are to complex to try and keep working. As others have said it is getting harder to find parts. I saw two people looking for a breech seal for an A1 because Angel owners web site did not have any. I have one laying around and was going to send it to the guy free, but lost his contact info. I tried Luxe1 and it was crap. Air blowing out the back. I now have an EGO 11 and a GEO 3. the best guns on the market and I am fortunate to have a PE dealer/service center near me. I use the EGO 11 for efficency, and the GEO 3 for it's smothness. PE also does not bring out a rehashed version of their guns every year as does Dye, Luxe, etc. There will be a new EGO in the spring of 2013.
dakotaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:53 AM #30
Bobafetz

Bobafetz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bobafetz plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigaL_son View Post
I've been looking at these Bob Long guns, are they any good? Any recommended models?
Ive had myself a 2012 F5 G6R for a few months now. hands down the best gun i have shot in a very long time. soo smooth, very reliable. Maintenance is a lot easier than most people will tell you. New they are a great price. you can pick on up used for about 600-700. I upgraded the bolt, ram and trigger. nice not having the pinging every time you shoot with the stock ram haha. I also bought a Bob barrel kit about 2 months after. love the barrel kit too. shoots really well. i would recommend this gun to anybody in a heart beat.
Bobafetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:59 AM #31
miamiboy_187
Gettin' $ome

miamiboy_187 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
miamiboy_187 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
miamiboy_187 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If you have 1k to spend, I would say buy a Clone GT, used of course. It's the best spool in the market. Yes, even better than the Luxe, IMO. It's accurate, quiet, efficient, and of course a high-end marker. You can find one on here 800-1k.
miamiboy_187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:08 PM #32
peacob

guys, please read post 23 and 26.....
Old 12-06-2012, 01:26 PM #33
thrilkil

thrilkil owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
thrilkil is for the Gunfight
thrilkil has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thrilkil is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotaman View Post
I had a Rasta G7 Fly and a Joy A1 and had problems with both. angels are heavy bulky guns that are to complex to try and keep working. As others have said it is getting harder to find parts. I saw two people looking for a breech seal for an A1 because Angel owners web site did not have any. I have one laying around and was going to send it to the guy free, but lost his contact info. I tried Luxe1 and it was crap. Air blowing out the back. I now have an EGO 11 and a GEO 3. the best guns on the market and I am fortunate to have a PE dealer/service center near me. I use the EGO 11 for efficency, and the GEO 3 for it's smothness. PE also does not bring out a rehashed version of their guns every year as does Dye, Luxe, etc. There will be a new EGO in the spring of 2013.
This is terrible info. DLX doesn't come out with a new luxe every year and just because you bought a used luxe with a bad oring doesn't make it "crap". Also until the mosy previous ego you realize that PE released very very similar guns EVERY year since 2005?

To the OP. I think you made a great choice and you won't regret it. Have fun!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3897731
thrilkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:12 AM #34
AnImAl34

AnImAl34 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AnImAl34 supports Pev's Paintball
AnImAl34 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
AnImAl34 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Just become a gun whore and soon ull have shot the entire list waiting on your next fix
AnImAl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:01 AM #35
prodigaL_son

Thanks again for the discussion and advice. As much as I wanna buy the bob long or the luxe, I definitely don't want to be tv douche bag who hasn't even played but has all the ****! Ill like the mini I'm sure!

Now my skills need to become as quality asy equipment and ill be all set! Pew pew
prodigaL_son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:48 PM #36
ego.92
RELEASE THE KRAKEN

ego.92 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ego.92 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ego.92 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ego.92 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
nope, they arent even a company anymore go with a PE and you will have zero problems

Houston Heat Fan #36

Urban Pineapple
ego.92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:51 PM #37
peacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ego.92 View Post
nope, they arent even a company anymore go with a PE and you will have zero problems
Most informational post in this thread.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:35 AM #38
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
Just get a sling shot. No probelms with it.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:51 PM #39
jrayy38
Born again newbie

Angels may have low resale value, but that enabled me to get an 05 speed and a1 each under $200 and $300 respectively.

Both markers have outperformed any gun I've ever owned, so far are problem-free (Just oil after every case or 2 and dry fire), and I get a lot of attention at local fields.

I actually like the roto-breach design. I thought it would allow faster cleaning after a ball break, but honestly I haven't suffered one so I don't even know! It was important to me to find an Angel that was in good condition, that certainly contributed to the reliability factor...

Once I got my A1, I was astonished how much lighter and smaller it was than the 05 speed. Literally feels pounds lighter than my older entry level markers.

Most of my purchase decision was driven by nostalgia, however the performance and reliability will keep me an Angel fan boy for a long time.
jrayy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:36 PM #40
xmagman
MacDev Militia

xmagman supports Team VICIOUS
xmagman is for the Gunfight
xmagman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
G6R is an awesome gun! I have shot a few of them and have always been very impressed by them. They are relatively small, very light, and have really good ergonomics. If you choose to upgrade it they are available but not necessary by any means. As recommended above get a LP tank. Ninja makes arguably the best tank regs out there. I recommend getting either the Ninja Pro or SLP reg for a G6R. I also recommend doing tons of research before buying the gun. This way you will know what you are getting into as far as maintenance, troubleshooting, and recommended upgrades.

EDIT: I made this post before realizing that there is a second page to this thread. My apologies.

As for the Mini...it is a decent gun. Although I absolutely hate the ergonomics and the gun always felt off balance to me with a full hopper and tank on it. But from a performance standpoint it is a good gun. I do think the Axe is a better gun out of the box though. Because you do not need to put any upgrades into it at all to get it to hang with the high-end guns.

To the OP: I hope your Mini treats you well! If you maintain her well she will treat you right on the field.

MacDev Clone GTi
MacDev Droid

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

Ryukyu Kings Paintball Team

Last edited by xmagman : 12-10-2012 at 06:08 PM.
xmagman is offline   Reply With Quote