PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-07-2012, 09:33 PM #1
Raven_Bear

Raven_Bear supports Empire
Returning player

Wanted to know everyone's exercise routine between weekends. Running, squats, suicides, lunges, if you do it list it. this fat boy needs to get into some shape before he gets back on the field. 4 years out and 60 pounds heavier, I need diets and ideas for home drills. No backyard so i can't practice any shooting unless i'm at a field or friends. Does anyone lift weights? Do people still ramp as much as before? should i work on walking the trigger? Everyone's tip will be awesome.
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2012, 08:29 AM #2
turmoil
PTPer right here baby

turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil plays in the PSP
turmoil is playing at Living Legends VII
turmoil supports Pev's Paintball
turmoil plays in the APPA D4 division
In a typical week I hit the gym about 3 times (MWF). I dedicated one session to chest/back, one to lower body/legs, and one to arms. I also do core and some mild cardio during each session. I try to run on two other days. I try to make sure I get a full body work out, since you use everything out on the field.

I also don't have a backyard, so I can't really work on any skills outside of the field.
turmoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:55 PM #3
Raven_Bear

Cool, I have a gym nearby I guess i'll start there. Does anyone know if insanity is any good?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:08 AM #4
nv38baller

nv38baller owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
nv38baller supports Team VICIOUS
nv38baller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
u should learn to walk the trigger atleast some. one excercise i do for that is to wrap a rubber band around my index and middle finger. it helps build up strength, and to just sit at home watch tv and grab your gun and continue to walk the trigger. this helps out a lot. another thing i do is run laps or run up and down stairs. my first day back into paintball after 5 years, after playing a game i couldnt walk. i couldnt even walk up 6 stairs in my house. so if you get those legs ready for excercise you shouldnt get splints.
nv38baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:52 PM #5
Raven_Bear

thnks for the reply. does the rubberband thing really work? i've heard that it doesn't from other internet threads.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:05 PM #6
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Weight loss and Physical ativity tips are dime a dozen. Just need to explore and find out what works for you. But i will say one thing Dieting and Physical activity are hand and hand. You really wont see the best of results unless your dedicated to both. One thing that i like and its free is a program called body rocks. Its a daily 12 minute workout that you can do in your living room. For free.... Oh and did i mention its free? But seriously its a kickass exercise. http://www.bodyrock.tv/

for dieting.. there are millions and millions of different ways to go about it. But you really need to find out what works for you. but one of the many tools that may just help you (helped me alot) Is a phone app called MYfitness pal. (ALSO FREE) It makes you aware of exactly what you are putting down. Its a daily thing in which you record and log everything your eating. Its super easy to log since it has almost any meal you can think of and even has a bar code scanner allowing you update in seconds. It also gives you the abilty to set a daily calorie gaol and a long term weightloss goal to follow. Its may seem like something for women but i was am 6'2'' man and weighed in at 296 now down to 217 in 6 months.

Best advice anyone can give you though is commit yourself to healthy lifestyle and stay commited to it. find what works for you and stay with it.

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:01 PM #7
VertStyle

Good info here
VertStyle is offline   Reply With Quote