Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 12:12 AM #43
quakcer
 
 
quakcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
there is nothing socialistic about the Democratic Party. Period. ****ing read a book
Also, the bailouts were a nice display of socialism as well. Looks like you don't know much about your own socialistic party.
quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:15 AM #44
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakcer View Post
Also, the bailouts were a nice display of socialism as well. Looks like you don't know much about your own socialistic party.
The government giving money to private industry is socialist? Are you ****ing dense? It's literally the opposite of socialism. It is the Socialist Party of America's biggest criticism again Obama. God, you're a ****ing idiot.

--

Also, you ignored this one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
First explain to me what socialism is. Then explain to me how obamacare is socialist.
Let's add "Please explain to me how giving government money to private, free-market institutions is socialist".
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:18 AM #45
quakcer
 
 
quakcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
The government giving money to private industry is socialist? Are you ****ing dense? It's literally the opposite of socialism. It is the Socialist Party of America's biggest criticism again Obama. God, you're a ****ing idiot.
Nationalizing companies is not the opposite of socialism, it IS socialism. You have a lot to learn, these are basic concepts that you can't even grasp. I would hate to see you arguing about something complex, you would probably **** yourself from embarrassment.
quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:20 AM #46
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
God, your ignorance shows no bounds. You don't even understand how the bailout works. You are a joke in this forum. No one takes you seriously. Please just leave us in peace.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:21 AM #47
quakcer
 
 
quakcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post

Let's add "Please explain to me how giving government money to private, free-market institutions is socialist".
Where do you think the government gets its money? Using taxpayer money to give to companies at their choosing is as socialistic as it gets. The government controlling the means of production is the basic principle of socialism, and that's exactly what this is. The fact that you're trying to deny this is hilarious though.
quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:21 AM #48
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakcer View Post
Where do you think the government gets its money? Using taxpayer money to give to companies at their choosing is as socialistic as it gets.
Go away. I no longer find you funny. I am not wasting any more time on you.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:23 AM #49
quakcer
 
 
quakcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Go away. I no longer find you funny. I am not wasting any more time on you.
Oh look the liberal has no counterargument because he realized he got ****ed up the *** with logic. What a surprise.
quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:34 AM #50
ElJefe13
 
 
ElJefe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Utah
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Back on point,
Left: big government
Right: small government
A common example I've used to explain it is this way. If a family cannot afford to feed itself and they refuse to work for their food, does the government let them die? On the left, you say no, it's the governments job to keep everyone alive for as long as possible. A right-leaning person would say that they should help themselves. That's one issue, but it's a general theme in left and right wing philosophy.
Basically, I think the left thinks if one person has a problem, it's everyone's problem. Whereas the right tends to mind its own business and not get involved if it doesn't have to.
__________________
Women are like Wookies; you always let them win.
ElJefe13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:02 AM #51
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Funny you say that, as the "right" in positions of power want big government as well.
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:18 AM #52
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Funny you say that, as the "right" in positions of power want big government as well.
Defense doesn't count. Duh
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:55 AM #53
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty
 
Tafari Makonnen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Addis Ababa
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakcer View Post
Oh look the liberal has no counterargument because he realized he got ****ed up the *** with logic. What a surprise.
Don't use the word "logic". You don't understand what means and use it incorrectly.
__________________
Magen VeLo Yera'e

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:05 AM #54
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Seriously, I am at my wicks end with this one. Like I know any discussion with him wont go anywhere, but I find his particular strand of bull**** babble to be irresistible to refute.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:16 AM #55
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
Back on point,
Left: big government
Right: small government
A common example I've used to explain it is this way. If a family cannot afford to feed itself and they refuse to work for their food, does the government let them die? On the left, you say no, it's the governments job to keep everyone alive for as long as possible. A right-leaning person would say that they should help themselves. That's one issue, but it's a general theme in left and right wing philosophy.
Basically, I think the left thinks if one person has a problem, it's everyone's problem. Whereas the right tends to mind its own business and not get involved if it doesn't have to.
Please explain to me the meaning of big and small government.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 AM #56
quakcer
 
 
quakcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Seriously, I am at my wicks end with this one. Like I know any discussion with him wont go anywhere, but I find his particular strand of bull**** babble to be irresistible to refute.
I must be doing something right in order to upset a liberal to this extent. Thanks for affirming that I'm on the right track.
quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:39 AM #57
quakcer
 
 
quakcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Please explain to me the meaning of big and small government.
democrats - more control, more intervention, less freedom
republicans - less control, less intervention, more freedom

Is it making sense now?
quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:55 AM #58
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakcer View Post
democrats - more control, more intervention, less freedom
republicans - less control, less intervention, more freedom

Is it making sense now?
This thread is not about political parties.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:58 AM #59
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure
 
StellarKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Lost...In a Lost World
StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
This thread is not about political parties.
Don't get in his way, he's on a roll.
__________________
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:04 AM #60
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
The funny thing is that he actually thinks he is.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:07 AM #61
quakcer
 
 
quakcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
The funny this is you actually think I'm not.
quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:08 AM #62
quakcer
 
 
quakcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
This thread is not about political parties.
I didn't say it was, I gave an example that shows the difference between big and small government. Reading comprehension comes in handy, you may want to familiarize yourself with it.
quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:11 AM #63
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump