PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-02-2012, 06:32 PM #43
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)

paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
That's what I said before.

Get the word out on Facebook. Talk with companies that will be in the game (Empire, Dye, etc.) and see if they will post the kick starter page on their Facebook. I've only seen this game talked about on here and from Greg himself. That is no where near enough exposure to get $600,000.
paintballking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2012, 11:50 PM #44
jakerocks12345

jakerocks12345 supports Team VICIOUS
jakerocks12345 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I'll start contacting some Paintball Companies and other Paintball Websites tomorrow.
Dislikes: People's Knees.
jakerocks12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:13 AM #45
paintballking72

Do it. And try to find way to get it advertised outside the devoted paintball community. Get it in front of people that want to play paintball, but don't have the money. Get it in front of the kids that aren't quite old enough to play, or are still scared of getting hit. Get it in front of people that have never played before.

It has to be spread far and wide for there to be any chance of it getting funded.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:24 PM #46
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
http://www.paintballaccess.com/2012/...-start-part-1/
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:02 PM #47
jakerocks12345

jakerocks12345 supports Team VICIOUS
jakerocks12345 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
The Game is getting somewhere, that's for sure!
Dislikes: People's Knees.
jakerocks12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 PM #48
paintballking72

Still needs more. Paintball Access is a good start, but that is still only really viewed by most people that already know about the game.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:23 AM #49
BabyFace

BabyFace supports DLX Technology
i'll back this
BabyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:31 AM #50
paintballking72

21 days left, and still not even to $2000. I knew it wouldn't make it to $600,000 but damn I expected it to get a little more than its at now.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:03 PM #51
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballking72 View Post
21 days left, and still not even to $2000. I knew it wouldn't make it to $600,000 but damn I expected it to get a little more than its at now.
lol of course it's not going to get anywhere near 600,000. If these types of games were profitable to begin with, they wouldn't need to use kickstarter to get funds.
My Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:39 PM #52
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
The first game was extremely profitable. It was one of the top ranked games on XBOX LIVE during it's release period, and if it had sold a few copies "faster" it would have been certified Platinum (it had more than enough sales, but not in the time period that they use for measurement).

The 2nd game was as well.

The reason that Greg chose Kickstarter had nothing to do w/ profitability of the game. Finding a publisher to fund the game wasn't the issue.

The issue was that after multiple games being funded by larger companies Greg found it was just too constrictive of an environment. Making a paintball game that hits the sweet spot for gamers, and paintballers, is a hard thing to do. GHTP/MAX'D came close, but there was a lot they wanted to do in those games but simply couldn't due to kick back from the publisher, or time.

So they decided with MAX'D 2 that they wanted to avoid that entirely. They wanted to get funding for the game outside the companies, and make the game they've always wanted to make. All those ideas they have had, or people have suggested, that they really liked. They wanted to be able to make that. They also didn't want to be told "You MUST release by X date, and that's not negotiable". So they went outside the normal model, and reached out to the community. This way they could take the time, and make the game that they think really exemplifies what the series should be.

So, as mentioned above, the crowd funding was nothing to do with profitability of the series/games. It was to make the game right, and not have anyone leaning over their shoulder saying "do this/do that" or saying "6 months is all you have as we're committing to a XX date launch".

Hope that helps.
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:03 PM #53
paintballking72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoBaller1991 View Post
lol of course it's not going to get anywhere near 600,000. If these types of games were profitable to begin with, they wouldn't need to use kickstarter to get funds.
Oh I knew they would never even make close to 6 figures. I figured MAYBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
The first game was extremely profitable. It was one of the top ranked games on XBOX LIVE during it's release period, and if it$5000 though. had sold a few copies "faster" it would have been certified Platinum (it had more than enough sales, but not in the time period that they use for measurement).

The 2nd game was as well.

The reason that Greg chose Kickstarter had nothing to do w/ profitability of the game. Finding a publisher to fund the game wasn't the issue.

The issue was that after multiple games being funded by larger companies Greg found it was just too constrictive of an environment. Making a paintball game that hits the sweet spot for gamers, and paintballers, is a hard thing to do. GHTP/MAX'D came close, but there was a lot they wanted to do in those games but simply couldn't due to kick back from the publisher, or time.

So they decided with MAX'D 2 that they wanted to avoid that entirely. They wanted to get funding for the game outside the companies, and make the game they've always wanted to make. All those ideas they have had, or people have suggested, that they really liked. They wanted to be able to make that. They also didn't want to be told "You MUST release by X date, and that's not negotiable". So they went outside the normal model, and reached out to the community. This way they could take the time, and make the game that they think really exemplifies what the series should be.

So, as mentioned above, the crowd funding was nothing to do with profitability of the series/games. It was to make the game right, and not have anyone leaning over their shoulder saying "do this/do that" or saying "6 months is all you have as we're committing to a XX date launch".

Hope that helps.
So does this mean the game will still happen even if it doesnt get funded?
Old 01-01-2013, 10:44 AM #54
BabyFace

BabyFace supports DLX Technology
What they should do is scrap what they have and work on improving the DPB format. That was a lot of fun when people used to play.
BabyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:15 PM #55
JKeisler

Annual Supporting Member
JKeisler plays in the PSP
JKeisler plays in the APPA D3 division
I want to see this made!
Keith Brown fan #30
http://www.ballbusters-paintball.com/
My Old account http://www.pbnation.com/member.php?u=180136
JKeisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:03 AM #56
Tha Kali Way

Tha Kali Way owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Tha Kali Way owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Tha Kali Way posts videos on PbNation
i dont think wer ever gona get a ghtp maxd style anytime in the next few years. greg is all about rec ball. nobody wants rec ball games!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:30 AM #57
Dyeoblivion69

Dyeoblivion69 plays in the PSP
Dyeoblivion69 posts videos on PbNation
Dyeoblivion69 plays in the APPA D3 division
It's a shame this game will never come out I always wanted a sequel to max'd ghtp 2 did not meet my expectations
Dyeoblivion69 is offline   Reply With Quote