PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-28-2012, 10:12 PM #1
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
Drone Dx not shooting issues yet again...

On the bright side Shootnpoo did a fine job fixing the leak, on the down side the marker won't shoot or well it kinda shot... Couldn't crono it, it was all over the place.. 210... 290... 195... 250... 330... That's what the crono looked like, no matter what I did to try to adjust the reg (had new batteries). Then it wouldn't shoot at all.

What's everyones best guess?

Last edited by NargofWoV : 10-29-2012 at 02:13 PM.
NargofWoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2012, 03:57 AM #2
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D3 division
Can you be more specific? What's the dwell? Other settings? Hpr pressure? Barrel bore? Paint?

The drone is very simple in the way it operates. Really inconsistent chrono means inconsistent bolt speeds. Either from sticky bolt or extreme underbore (which the gun hates).

Dwell stock or 2ms higher. Hpr 100psi. Clean and lube bolt make sure it moves freely and a .688 or bigger barrel and it should shoot good.

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:11 PM #3
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

When Shootnpoo sent it back to me he told me the bolt was lubed fine, he had put it in another drone dx and it shot fine. Hadn't had any paint through it since I aired it up to check the repair he did to the o rings.

Wasn't underbored with the paint at all, I freak'd my paint, the paint was a nice match to the barrel bore, just slightly tight.

Dwell should be stock.

The one thing I haven't touched is the reg... Could that be the culprit?
Old 10-29-2012, 02:59 PM #4
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
Sorry just reading this after returning from Cup.
All settings are stock, and hpr is set at 105 psi according to his WO.
Replaced few orings, tore down entire marker and repaired leak.

How much paint have you put through it and have you tried a different air sorce?

Please if you can try another air tank.
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:02 PM #5
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

Didn't think of another air tank, I have two others different makes... will try them all... report back tomorrow. All I shot through the marker was maybe 10-25 paintballs as it wouldn't shoot consistantly or every time. Would shoot, give me a rediculas reading, would attempt to adjust the reg either way, would get someother reading after 4-5 pulls that made no sense. Like this through about 8 min sitting in the chrono line with a bunch of folks behind me... said screw it, went back to the car brought out my 1996 minicocker and played the day no problems.

Oh, and thanks for getting back to this Shootn...

Last edited by NargofWoV : 10-29-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:21 PM #6
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
i have had a tank make things wonky. cronoing 350 then 250 and so on. switched to a different tank and good to go
MacDev Clone GTi
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:24 PM #7
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NargofWoV View Post
Didn't think of another air tank, I have two others different makes... will try them all... report back tomorrow. All I shot through the marker was maybe 10-25 paintballs as it wouldn't shoot consistantly or every time. Would shoot, give me a rediculas reading, would attempt to adjust the reg either way, would get someother reading after 4-5 pulls that made no sense. Like this through about 8 min sitting in the chrono line with a bunch of folks behind me... said screw it, went back to the car brought out my 1996 minicocker and played the day no problems.

Oh, and thanks for getting back to this Shootn...
Please get back to me as soon as you can. Pm me so we can make sure you are set with no further problems.
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:57 PM #8
Darrin79

Any chance you shredded the small bumper oring on the bolt have you? I shredded one awhile back, pulled it apart, replaced oring, reassembled and shot fine. The next time I pulled it out of my bag it was bouncing around on the chrono. Went home pulled EVERYTHING apart! I found what was left of previous said oring jammed in the gas block on the bottom side of the body. I actually had to pull the pin out of the block to get it out. And done...
Darrin79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:32 PM #9
counterparts

I would make sure all youre orings are lubbed and in place, mayne if it could be stick try a thicker lube, it could be the noid when i first received my drone I got a bad solenoid. it shot all over the place.
counterparts is offline   Reply With Quote