Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-01-2012, 02:09 AM #22
pbragesauce198

pbragesauce198 is an NCPA player
pbragesauce198 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshhawk098 View Post
Alright, hey and thanks for clicking on my thread, i hope somebody that knows about paintball guns, more specifically the Dangerous Power G4 can help me out. So heres what i have, since i just started paintball i bought a paintball setup, gun, hopper, tank, etc. and i want to know what i should upgrade first and what to upgrade to.

1. Dangerous Power G4
2. 47/3000 psi tank (i had a magnet that covered where you fill it up, but i lost it. is it worth buying a new 1? the guy told me that i should get one because if dirt gets in it when im playing, and i try and fill it up with dirt in it, it might pop and get ruined. But its $20 and im not sure if its worth it)
3. Eye force hopper
4. Cover for my tank
5. Mask (i dont care about upgrading it yet)
6. CP autocockered barrel
7. Pod Pack with Pods
so here are my main questions.

1. Is it worth spending an extra $130 on a 4500 psi tank? because im not even sure what the difference is.
2. What is the best barrel i can get? is a 1 piece or a 2 piece barrel better? and why is it better?
3. Whats so great about a dye rotor hopper? i cant shoot to fast semi and i choose not to shoot automatic because i dont like wasting my paintballs.
4. What is the best type of paintballs to use? or does it not realy matter? i just like shooting around at targets in my backyard when im not playing actual paintball
5. What is the best day to paintball? is there days where there will be newer players as well playing speedball? Is there worse players playing on saturday than sunday or is it the opposite?
6. Should i wear anything to protect my neck? does it hurt if you get shot in the neck? and should i wear a cup or is it not necisary?

Lastly is there anyway i can play against people of my own skill level? like people who use guns that are cheap and not to good like me and who dont know what there doing to good? because the first time i went, i was playing against about 3 people who had borrowed guns on a 6-7 man team, then the next time i went it was about 0-1 players using borrowed guns on a 6 man team. Is it players like them with like dye rotor hoppers and panet eclipes that scare other new people off? or was that just rare to see that many people with good guns?

Other things to mention would be:
1. I like speedball way more than playing outside
2. I have only played 2 times, 1 time with the stores borrowed gun and 1 time with my new gun which was awsome.

well thanks to everyone who spent their own time reading this, i really appreciate it
Well it seems that you already got quite a few responses but heres my take...
1)Getting a 4500 psi tank will help you because it will be lighter and will give you more shots per volume. However, as you are learning and may be practicing dives etc, it may be helpful to hold on to that 3,000 psi tank just because they are so durable.
2) As far as a good barrel for your budget (i'm assuming you don't want to spend a ton) I'm really not sure. I will say that two piece barrels are not necessary, just save some cash and get a 14 inch one piece.
3) Dye rotors are fantastic loaders- very fast feed rate, extremely durable, and easy breakdown/maintenance. BUT, a rotor for a G4 seems a bit unnecessary. Save your money.
4) Unless your playing in a tournament, don't worry about paint. Just get some cheap paint to shoot in your back yard, but don't be that guy that takes monsterballs to his field.
5) I've found that fridays are more laid back at my local fields just because the guys that are looking to get a full day of practice usually come out on saturday. That could be different in your area.
6) If you aren't wearing paintball pants that have padding in the groin area, WEAR A CUP! Its not worth the risk not to. You should also wear a neck protector or a bandana. Getting hit in the neck can be painful and even dangerous if you get hit in the windpipe.

As far as playing with people at your own level, you just need to find a field that separates groups well. Some are better than others at separating high-tech and low-tech ballers. But in reality, a paintball feels pretty similar whether its coming from a 98 or an ego. Don't be afraid to get lit up, you'll get better with practice. Happy paintballing.
pbragesauce198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2012, 08:00 AM #23
xmc1146
Mount Vernon, Wa

xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbragesauce198 View Post
Well it seems that you already got quite a few responses but heres my take...
1)Getting a 4500 psi tank will help you because it will be lighter and will give you more shots per volume. However, as you are learning and may be practicing dives etc, it may be helpful to hold on to that 3,000 psi tank just because they are so durable.
2) As far as a good barrel for your budget (i'm assuming you don't want to spend a ton) I'm really not sure. I will say that two piece barrels are not necessary, just save some cash and get a 14 inch one piece.
3) Dye rotors are fantastic loaders- very fast feed rate, extremely durable, and easy breakdown/maintenance. BUT, a rotor for a G4 seems a bit unnecessary. Save your money.
4) Unless your playing in a tournament, don't worry about paint. Just get some cheap paint to shoot in your back yard, but don't be that guy that takes monsterballs to his field.
5) I've found that fridays are more laid back at my local fields just because the guys that are looking to get a full day of practice usually come out on saturday. That could be different in your area.
6) If you aren't wearing paintball pants that have padding in the groin area, WEAR A CUP! Its not worth the risk not to. You should also wear a neck protector or a bandana. Getting hit in the neck can be painful and even dangerous if you get hit in the windpipe.

As far as playing with people at your own level, you just need to find a field that separates groups well. Some are better than others at separating high-tech and low-tech ballers. But in reality, a paintball feels pretty similar whether its coming from a 98 or an ego. Don't be afraid to get lit up, you'll get better with practice. Happy paintballing.
really well put
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:32 AM #24
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
carbon fiber tank is going to be just as durable, just saying
MacDev Clone GTi
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:12 PM #25
noodles4u

noodles4u owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noodles4u has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
A mask is the first thing you should prioritize. It doesn't matter how much paint you carry, how fast your gun can shoot, how fast your hopper can feed, or how light your setup is. If you can't see, then you can't be at your best on the field. Other things you're going to start considering in the mask is the field of vision, how comfortable it is for you, and if you're willing to sacrifice some coverage (i4's come to mind) so you can play tighter.

The next thing I would "upgrade" is get a set of elbow pads and knee pads. As you get more advanced, you're going to start diving and sliding a lot more. You will go home feeling fine, but the next day, your knees and forearms will be swollen.

After that, you pretty much get to pick what you want to upgrade. There is no best in the world. A high-quality .679 barrel is going to have a .679 bore (or pretty damn close to it) across the board. A 68/4500 tank is going to hold 68 cubic inches of air at 4500 psi. Any hopper today can feed 12.5 bps.

If you really want to know what I'd do...

Mask - if you can't see, you can't play.

Pads - if you're sliding and diving, you'll thank yourself.

Trigger (G4 trigger is pretty nice already, though) - don't have to get a new one, just basically tweak and tune to where you like it

Barrel - everyone has their own opinion on which barrels are good. I seriously haven't come across a barrel I didn't like.

Tank - I'm using a Crossfire 68/45. I was using a Nitroduck 68/45 before. The only reason why I changed tanks was because the Nitroduck is a lot longer than my Crossfire, and a 50/45 is too short for me.

Hopper - I have a Rotor. I rock my Halo more often. I only really use my Rotor with tournament paint, since it's pretty picky in my experiences with it.

PE Ego 9
Dangerous Power G3 Spec R
Smart Parts EOS
Spyder Imagine LED
noodles4u is offline   Reply With Quote