sirX
The next Jeremy Salm

sirX donated to help Peyton Trent
sirX supports Team VICIOUS
sirX is reppin' sidebar 4 life
sirX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by midman112 View Post
Did you place a curse on the people in this thread Komodo? I've never had this problem until I read your post about it yesterday and then it happened to me last night 3 or 4 times!
Its like The Ring. Once you know about the curse, you will be cursed.
sirX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:41 AM #338
sean45
Saddle Up, Lets Ride

I've heard some mixed reviews about this game, so I rented it from Redbox. After playing a few hours I have come to the conclusion that this game is ****ing awful. I will not be buying this call of duty. **** Activision and their decision not to try and innovate. I see the call of duty series going the same path as guitar hero.
sean45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:38 PM #339
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
I guess it's not selling quite as fast as MW3. That may be a sign that the market saturation has finally hit the series. From what I hear, Activision is riding a lot on the hopes of the new Bungie game for next gen.

As far as the single player goes, there was a lot of stuff that Treyarch wanted to do that they weren't allowed because it's "not Call of Duty". I'm betting the same probably holds true for the multiplayer. I'd like to think that when sales start going down and we make the jump to next gen systems, they'll allow Treyarch or someone to do a complete overhaul to the series. They'll probably just **** can it like they did Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero when they finished ****ting on them and let the turds dry, but one can hope. I like Call of Duty, and I don't see every new release as a hate crime like some, but I would like to see something new. A new engine especially. Maybe something built this millennia.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:37 PM #340
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirX View Post
I have the problem, but its because my NAT is strict due to the router.

ALso...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM-nYnVApVQ[video]

(i have no problem with your videos dennis)
What kind of router do you have? The Netgear routers are so easy to change the NAT type to open on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapope12 View Post
ive noticed a lot of glitches and problems with black ops II. i just finished the art of war gun camo for the FAL and only needed to get 3 more blood thirsty medals to finish all the camos and just randomly i was given gold. i was able to equip gold without finishing the blood thirsty for about 3-4 days and then it went back to normal. i have also noticed that sometimes my point streaks do not add, (currently i have UAV, lightning, AGR) and i will obviously get the 750 points needed for lightning and UAV and will not be awarded it.
Yes. I had the same thing happen to me and my friend had it happen to him in regards to the gun camp. Last night we were playing SnD and one player called in a UAV and it just never worked. Although I have heard that they are exploring the idea of increasing the point amount needed for a UAV because they are so common and easy to get it's mind numbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
I guess it's not selling quite as fast as MW3. That may be a sign that the market saturation has finally hit the series. From what I hear, Activision is riding a lot on the hopes of the new Bungie game for next gen.

As far as the single player goes, there was a lot of stuff that Treyarch wanted to do that they weren't allowed because it's "not Call of Duty". I'm betting the same probably holds true for the multiplayer. I'd like to think that when sales start going down and we make the jump to next gen systems, they'll allow Treyarch or someone to do a complete overhaul to the series. They'll probably just **** can it like they did Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero when they finished ****ting on them and let the turds dry, but one can hope. I like Call of Duty, and I don't see every new release as a hate crime like some, but I would like to see something new. A new engine especially. Maybe something built this millennia.
It definitely has. Well, that and the fact that people expect a lower quality game from Treyarch than Infinity Ward.
iRoNiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:42 PM #341
sirX
The next Jeremy Salm

sirX donated to help Peyton Trent
sirX supports Team VICIOUS
sirX is reppin' sidebar 4 life
sirX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNiQ View Post
What kind of router do you have? The Netgear routers are so easy to change the NAT type to open on.

It's a netgear. My brother has tried it, and never could get it to work. So I haven't tried.

Its odd though, most of the time my nat is strict, every now and then it says it is open. So IDK if it is really the router or my ISP.
sirX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:13 PM #342
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
It definitely has. Well, that and the fact that people expect a lower quality game from Treyarch than Infinity Ward.

Meh, I kind of feel the opposite since MW2 and BO. IW has a better looking engine but I didn't like how MW2 and Mw3 played.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:35 PM #343
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirX View Post
It's a netgear. My brother has tried it, and never could get it to work. So I haven't tried.

Its odd though, most of the time my nat is strict, every now and then it says it is open. So IDK if it is really the router or my ISP.
put your console into DMZ on your router and you wont have to bother with opening ports.

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:34 PM #344
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirX

Google it. It's super simple. It's an actual setting that reads NAT type and you can set it to open, moderate, or strict. I'm pretty sure I set mine to open but every once in a while it will read moderate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR.

put your console into DMZ on your router and you wont have to bother with opening ports.
What do you mean?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:00 AM #345
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

I have to admit, I REALLY like the Strike Force missions in single player, and I wish it was its own game type online.

Except, with a bit of an interface tweak, because it's horrifically complicated to switch between and move your units.

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."

XBL - xStonedCrow
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:09 AM #346
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo_117 View Post
I have to admit, I REALLY like the Strike Force missions in single player, and I wish it was its own game type online.

Except, with a bit of an interface tweak, because it's horrifically complicated to switch between and move your units.
Uhg, I liked the idea but friendly AI was too retarded to make it fun. I usually just ended up taking control of a soldier and try to run through as the enemies myself so I could complete objectives. When I died, I just warped to the next soldier rinse and repeat. they were just a source of frustration more than anything. At least on hardened, I can only imagine on Veteran.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:14 AM #347
Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head

They need to patch the care package disappearing act. Sometimes when you re-roll it, it just disappears. I've also had care packages just disappear whenever I was trying to pick it up. I also hate how I cant use my gold clan tag because it has an ! in it. The hit detection is really bad too, as well as the whole connection issues. If you're host, it's awesome, if not, well you're ****ed.
Cmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:56 AM #348
Mythslinger

Mythslinger donated to help Peyton Trent
They may not be disappearing. If a teammate has the black hat they can easily steal it from a distance.
Mythslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:20 AM #349
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Google it. It's super simple. It's an actual setting that reads NAT type and you can set it to open, moderate, or strict. I'm pretty sure I set mine to open but every once in a while it will read moderate.

What do you mean?
go into your router settings and under the port forward tab should be DMZ settings. youll need to put your consoles IP in those settings and that basically opens your console up so theres no port restrictions or anything.

you can google it for more precise instructions

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:55 AM #350
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmizzle View Post
They need to patch the care package disappearing act. Sometimes when you re-roll it, it just disappears. I've also had care packages just disappear whenever I was trying to pick it up. I also hate how I cant use my gold clan tag because it has an ! in it. The hit detection is really bad too, as well as the whole connection issues. If you're host, it's awesome, if not, well you're ****ed.
I agree. I had it happen to me at least four times yesterday. I also had it happen once while trying to steal an enemies package. It's becoming more common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythslinger View Post
They may not be disappearing. If a teammate has the black hat they can easily steal it from a distance.
Black hat can hack them, not make them vanish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
go into your router settings and under the port forward tab should be DMZ settings. youll need to put your consoles IP in those settings and that basically opens your console up so theres no port restrictions or anything.

you can google it for more precise instructions
Ok, thanks.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:04 AM #351
Mythslinger

Mythslinger donated to help Peyton Trent
They will disappear if your own team mate steals them. I'm not sure if you'd get a notification for it or not. "Share package". I'm not saying there isn't a problem just a possibility.
Mythslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:34 AM #352
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
Uhg, I liked the idea but friendly AI was too retarded to make it fun. I usually just ended up taking control of a soldier and try to run through as the enemies myself so I could complete objectives. When I died, I just warped to the next soldier rinse and repeat. they were just a source of frustration more than anything. At least on hardened, I can only imagine on Veteran.
I can agree with all of those.

Regardless, I thought the idea was cool, and with a few tweaks it could definitely be made into a really awesome game-type. I always thought a Starcraft/FPS hybrid would be awesome, and they came close to making something of the sort.

A 1v1 or 2v2 (each player on a team gets a 4 man squad, 2 turrets and a tank thingy) would be rad as ****. So long as the re-spawns on the tanks were kept in moderation.

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."

XBL - xStonedCrow
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:23 PM #353
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythslinger
They will disappear if your own team mate steals them. I'm not sure if you'd get a notification for it or not. "Share package". I'm not saying there isn't a problem just a possibility.
Lol no I'm not a noob. They're literally disappearing. Or yesterday I had one float in mid air.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:08 PM #354
Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head

The knifing makes me want to punt a baby off of a bridge. Also the care packages are literally disappearing, Im not sharing them
Cmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:27 PM #355
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite

Does anyone actually use black hat?

Skillz
jogabonito7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:27 PM #356
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Everyone complains about the knifing, but I actually like it. I **** it up as much as the next guy, but at least other people aren't lunging at me when they aren't even aiming at me. And yes I use black hat almost exclusively.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:30 PM #357
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogabonito7 View Post
Does anyone actually use black hat?
I do on a class for HQ/Hardpoint in conjunction with engineer.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote