Old 10-04-2012, 10:42 PM #106
JamWade

JamWade plays in the PSP
JamWade plays in the MiLP
JamWade supports Cereal Killerz 2
JamWade plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstatered21 View Post
Suppose to slide rubber oring down onto outside of bolt. If the oring isn't big enough you should be able to just stretch it over it. Then put teflon ring on there and finally the bolt spring.

figured i could use any oring that will fit on the bolt just trying to get the word on whats the best way considering my package only had the inner ring the three bolt guide rings and the teflon ring in the bag was wondering if Lurker found it was better to just use the teflon one

Old feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p... wade+feedback
JamWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2012, 03:42 AM #107
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamWade View Post
my bolt didnt come with an oring big enough to fit around the outside of the bolt but did come with the white spacer am i only supposed to use the spacer between the bolt and spring?
This is our fault, a 0016 buna should have been included with these as a shock absorber. Any hardware or paintball store would have them, but the teflon ring is hard to find outside mcmaster.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:37 PM #108
AxeRipper
infamous

are you all out of eigenbarrels in dust black? im only seeing gloss on the site for autococker. I would like to order a set in dust
AxeRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:45 AM #109
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

ncstatered21 supports Team VICIOUS
ncstatered21 is an NCPA player
ncstatered21 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeRipper View Post
are you all out of eigenbarrels in dust black? im only seeing gloss on the site for autococker. I would like to order a set in dust
I just checked and I'm seeing the same thing

I'm sure the dust will be back in stock soon. And I'm sure Lurker will run in here sometime today and update you...maybe.
ncstatered21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:13 PM #110
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Yea, out of stock, got hit with a big group order for them
Old 10-08-2012, 06:08 PM #111
AxeRipper
infamous

When will you have more?
Ninja 68/45
Empire E-Flex
AxeRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:57 PM #112
systemxnme822
yes thats me in my avvy

just want to say, ive been running an axe with a lurker bolt as my main gun for the past few months, and its amazing. im actually selling my clone because i never use it anymore, i love this gun. perfect balance of smoothness/efficiency.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:49 AM #113
wonderchicken

Hey Lurker, I recently purchased your Axe Powerpack and tried to install the Eigenbolt, but I was having major issues with the air blowing into my loader and popping it open. The tech at the field said it was a problem with the second oring on the bolt, but when he saw the Eigenbolt, he was stumped. Could I get some advice? I'm still using the stock bolt at the moment.
wonderchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:59 AM #114
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
I have a mini with a Lurker bolt and it's AWESOME! I get a great bps and a good tap tap shot with the rake trigger. It out preforms the stock bolt.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:08 PM #115
Pson

Pson has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pson has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderchicken View Post
Hey Lurker, I recently purchased your Axe Powerpack and tried to install the Eigenbolt, but I was having major issues with the air blowing into my loader and popping it open. The tech at the field said it was a problem with the second oring on the bolt, but when he saw the Eigenbolt, he was stumped. Could I get some advice? I'm still using the stock bolt at the moment.
That staarted happening to me with my Boss bolt too. I just got a speed feeder to stop it
Pson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:23 PM #116
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
What's the dwell and backcap settings? Pressure? Stock spring, I assume. You did swap the rubber tip over?

How is friction between the bolt and guide? Bolt and spacer?

I should be able to tell you what's up with a little more info.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:06 PM #117
wonderchicken

I changed the PSI on the relay to ~160, and I set the dwell to 3.5 ms like the guide PDF mentioned. I did not adjust the back cap at all because I did not have access to a chronograph. At that point, I dry fired with eyes off quite a few times to make sure the gun would cycle properly. It would, and I could feel the air pressure from each shot coming out the end of the barrel.

I used the stock spring and the rubber tip from the stock bolt. I did not use the same o-ring from the base bumper on the bolt guide. I used a new one that came with the package. Once I installed the spacer without lube, I lubed up the outside of the spacer, then the bolt guide, then the bolt o-ring. I then installed the Eigenbolt with the stock spring.

I guess I should also mention, I only swapped out the bolt guide base bumper o-ring with one that came with the Eigenbolt package. I used the one that came on the inside of the spacer. I felt little to no drag on the Eigenbolt as I was seating and re-seating the bolt on the guide.

When I had access to a chronograph, I started fooling with the dwell settings and reg. At first, I thought that the PSI from the relay was too much, so I dropped it to 140. Then I dropped the dwell to 3 sec. Tried fooling around with the back cap, but was getting frustrated. Continued on in this trend for a couple hours, then I decided to give up for now because I was missing quite a few games. Reset the board to default with stock bolt so I could at least play some games. FYI paint I was using was Valken Graffiti, which I've never had a problem with in the past. My loader is a Valken Vmax.

I'm confident that the bolt works amazing as everyone else is saying, but it's just discouraging for all this to happen after all the hype and gratification that I've read. I was half tempted to try and sell it but I think I'll give it a shot with your help to see what I can do.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:22 PM #118
Clark Gryphyn

It sounds to me as though you're dropping your settings too far right off the bat and the bolt isn't cycling fully. I would suggest putting your reg pressure back up to 175 and your dwell back up to 7 ms and then follow the tuning guide that came with the bolt to sweet spot your back cap and then figure out where it works best with the dwell and reg pressure. It can take some break-in before you'll be able to run at really low reg psi and dwell.

Also, I didn't see if you have an Axe or Mini. Mini is going to run at higher pressure than the Axe, just by design.

I have my Axe tuned for a very smooth/quiet shot and have it at 7 ms dwell and run about 135 psi.
Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:24 PM #119
MyJTRox
CE

MyJTRox plays in the PSP
MyJTRox is an NCPA National Champion
MyJTRox plays in the APPA D3 division
MyJTRox supports Empire
Quote:
I guess I should also mention, I only swapped out the bolt guide base bumper o-ring with one that came with the Eigenbolt package. I used the one that came on the inside of the spacer. I felt little to no drag on the Eigenbolt as I was seating and re-seating the bolt on the guide.
Do you still have a bumper behind the spacer, or only an o-ring inside of the spacer to hold it on? There should be no 'bumper' o-ring with the Lurker bolt since the spacer stays stationary.

My Feedback (Before new system)
University of Wisconsin -Whitewater Paintball Team Alum
2009 NCPA Class AA National Champions
APPA
MyJTRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:47 PM #120
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Gryphyn View Post
It sounds to me as though you're dropping your settings too far right off the bat and the bolt isn't cycling fully. I would suggest putting your reg pressure back up to 175 and your dwell back up to 7 ms and then follow the tuning guide that came with the bolt to sweet spot your back cap and then figure out where it works best with the dwell and reg pressure. It can take some break-in before you'll be able to run at really low reg psi and dwell.

Also, I didn't see if you have an Axe or Mini. Mini is going to run at higher pressure than the Axe, just by design.

I have my Axe tuned for a very smooth/quiet shot and have it at 7 ms dwell and run about 135 psi.
Great advice right here.

I would also note that every gun (meaning each individual gun) will have different tolerances as they break in, so the setting numbers are really just a baseline. Through constantly tuning over the chrono you will get your gun into a sweet spot where eveything is balanced. It may take more than a few cases throughthe gun to achieve this, but man... once you get there, it's awesome. I finally hit my Axe's sweet spot (heyyoooo) towards the end of this past summer. It was great just taking the gun out and shooting +/-3 or so over the chrony every single time. No adjusting anything, nothing but changing modes with my Redline if needed.

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER : 10-10-2012 at 06:52 PM.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:21 PM #121
wonderchicken

Ok, so I went back and did what you guys recommended. Reset board to stock, installed Eigenbolt, but it did not help. However, this time as I was taking the bolt and guide apart to clean it, I realized that the o-ring on the outside of the spacer does not fully seal with the delrin bolt. It makes sense because our field tech said air only goes through the loader when the bolt doesn't fully seal with the bolt guide. I should have thought about this sooner. Any ideas or reccomendations to fix this issue?

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I run an Axe.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:09 PM #122
Sam Milla

I just bought a lurker bolt and i cant decide if I should put the provided orings on. With the stock orings when i hold the bolt upside down on the guide it falls off but with just one of the 012 orings provided it feels really tight and i have to aplie a quite a bit of force to move it ?.Any advice on which ones to use
Sam Milla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:31 PM #123
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Stock in that case

On phone now, but pm me I'd you have any issues
Old 12-06-2012, 07:10 PM #124
chicagoaxe13

so this might seem like a dumb question...but i plan on doing reball tomorrow with my axe. to get to the allowed fps at the reball field should i adjust out the back or the regulator?
chicagoaxe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 PM #125
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Use the back cap, you'll see really good efficiency by closing it down
Old 12-06-2012, 10:02 PM #126
chicagoaxe13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
Use the back cap, you'll see really good efficiency by closing it down
thank you. i commend your customer service by the way, i ordered the wrong barrel and you refunded me and shipped the new one out no problem. Thanks a lot !
chicagoaxe13 is offline   Reply With Quote