Community Focus

Old 11-27-2012, 01:58 PM #1
ijinxd

ijinxd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ijinxd has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd supports DLX Technology
NT11 Shooting all over the place

I'm fairly new to NT's in general, so please excuse me if this has been addressed before.
I picked up a used NT11 here on the forums, it was in great physical shape, and aside from a small reg leak (which was fixed at my local shop) the gun was fine.
Problem is...this thing shoots all over the place!

I was using cheap paint and realized that was an issue, so I took a pod of my friend's Valken paint, which was shooting straight out of his Ego. Ran a pod of the new paint through the NT and it shot quite a bit better, but nowhere near my buddy's gun. I'm not trying to play the compare game, the Ego 11 is a fine marker and I would have picked one up if it were a bit cheaper, but I'd like to get this NT shooting straight...and I've always loved the feel of a spool.
My 07 Ego also shoots the same cheap paint, a lot straighter than the NT11.

Things I have done so far:
-Cleaned the barrel, completely
-Cleaned/relubed the bolt with a light layer of lube (even dry fired the NT with a different barrel incase any excess lube was shooting through the barrel) - as of now I can't get the plunger and stem apart, so I can't service that portion of the bolt.
-Cleaned the eyepipe and breach. Made sure the eyepipe was properly in place and aligned
-Switched out the barrels (went from a .684 UL to a .689 Shaft 4)

Set-up: Green bolt tip and Green insert. Not sure about dwell, etc.
NT is currently shooting 280 FPS +- 5
I just took out the spacer insert and will be getting air later to try it out again.

Last edited by ijinxd : 11-27-2012 at 02:02 PM.
ijinxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2012, 03:39 PM #2
ProtoSkillz

did you notice any damage to the barrel? Try firing with the other barrel you have and see if that makes a difference. Other than what you've already checked i dont know what else could be causing the messed up trajectory.

I would also suggest you get the gun modded by Billy Wing. He is a professional player that works his magic on NT's and gets them shooting how they should. In working his magic he might correct the problem also. You can contact him here on the nation: BWing21
ProtoSkillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:18 PM #3
Blusylver

Any chance your hopper is greasy?
Old 11-27-2012, 05:20 PM #4
ijinxd

Thanks guys, I contacted Billy already and will be sending it to him soon. I was hoping it was something I could fix here though.
Hopper's spotless and the barrel is like new.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:49 AM #5
Swantonbomboy

Annual Supporting Member
Swantonbomboy is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Swantonbomboy plays in the PSP
Swantonbomboy plays in the APPA D4 division
Swantonbomboy is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijinxd View Post
Thanks guys, I contacted Billy already and will be sending it to him soon. I was hoping it was something I could fix here though.
Hopper's spotless and the barrel is like new.
Let us know what he finds when you get it back please.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:18 AM #6
ijinxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swantonbomboy View Post
Let us know what he finds when you get it back please.
Will do. Currently delaying having the mod done, but I will get back to you guys asap.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:41 AM #7
spartan117d7

spartan117d7 is playing at Living Legends V
spartan117d7 posts videos on PbNation
spartan117d7 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
spartan117d7 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
spartan117d7 is attending Decay of Nations VI
try using some special lube i like to call the Strictly Paintball Gun lube. you will see a reduction in kick, increase in efficiency by at least 1 pod, and more consistency in velocity fluctuation ( we tested dye matric and NT markers to be around +-2 fps change per shot and in ropes). also helps with any bolt friction. put enough on that it looks lubed but not too much that it looks like a mess. a little goes a long way with this stuff. Also, make sure you arent pushing lube into any of the air holes on the bolt assembly.

my dye markers always love tight bore sizes and any paint. usually i was always the one with the most accurate marker out their. i am 350 dollars away from buying myself an NT11 actually so hopefully i can help you if mine acts up.

Willing to pay for trades or anything with these too!!
XBOX 360 Games and Accessories!

Last edited by spartan117d7 : 12-29-2012 at 03:45 PM.
spartan117d7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:17 PM #8
ijinxd

Just an update/reply to spartan
I appreciate the lube tip, I'll give it a try later.
Yesterday was my first time airing up the NT11 since last month. I shot a hopper through it, chronoing at around 285 +- 3
I did change a few things. I finally managed to seperate the plunger from the stem, so I lubed the internals of the bolt. The entire bolt was relubed using monkey poo instead of DOW33 (MP usually works best in my experience)
I removed the spacer and left the green bolt tip in.
That is essentially all I can do now (the marker was not sent to BWing, I needed a new barrel due to some genius scamming me here on the forums, so I had to invest in that first).

Results:
As of now, it is shooting better. Groups are tighter, but my Ego7 still outshoots it (only upgrade on the Ego is the Zick2).
Both used a stock .691 Shaft.

I am assuming the culprit is the paint I am using. I'll be heading to my local shop in a few days to get new grips for the Ego, so I'll grab a bag of Marbs while I'm there.
I appreciate everyone's help! Suggestions are still welcome.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:13 AM #9
spartan117d7

spartan117d7 is playing at Living Legends V
spartan117d7 posts videos on PbNation
spartan117d7 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
spartan117d7 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
spartan117d7 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Don't forget, egos shoot better with bigger bore and DM and NTs shoot better perfectly bored. i use a deadly wind fibur barrel with freak inserts. Thing does wonders!

Willing to pay for trades or anything with these too!!
XBOX 360 Games and Accessories!
spartan117d7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:29 AM #10
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
It's hard to imagine that the marker is the issue if you are seeing +/-3fps over the chrono. If the fps was erratic when you chronoed I would point to an inconsistent marker but with that spread I would be looking at other factors. Next time you compare them I would shoot the Ego, then swap hopper and barrel from the Ego and shoot it on the NT. That would certainly clear up if it were a hopper/barrel issue and help pin point the cause.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:19 PM #11
ijinxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy2 View Post
It's hard to imagine that the marker is the issue if you are seeing +/-3fps over the chrono. If the fps was erratic when you chronoed I would point to an inconsistent marker but with that spread I would be looking at other factors. Next time you compare them I would shoot the Ego, then swap hopper and barrel from the Ego and shoot it on the NT. That would certainly clear up if it were a hopper/barrel issue and help pin point the cause.
Both were running a Hopper and Shaft. It's a bit strange that the NT is acting up like this. I'm definitely assuming it's the paint though

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117d7 View Post
Don't forget, egos shoot better with bigger bore and DM and NTs shoot better perfectly bored. i use a deadly wind fibur barrel with freak inserts. Thing does wonders!
Just got a freak in so I'll try that..if I can fix this barrel (what is this, the 4th time someone forgot to mention a problem with an item they sent me? haha). Appreciate the advice, bud.