PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-03-2012, 04:37 AM #1
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

Gonna play the webcast in a bar.

Here in Wellington NZ, delayed obviously since nobody is getting up at 4am for the finals.

We'll probably make an event of it and show the D1 and Pro final games for all the 2013 events. Maybe even D2 if there's time, but we'll see how the first event goes.

What I want to know is, how quickly will the final games be ondemand after the events in 2013? We're planning to show them on the Monday night (early Monday morning for you guys) if possible, but I need to know whether I'll need to get a screen recording software/setup to record the actual webcast in order to do that or could just use ondemand. I'm not sure I trust the reliability of my connection for that, while bars around here are pretty good for webs.

The format works pretty well for eSports as a group called Barcraft are now showing GSL proleague finals in bars all around the world vai gomTV. Why not the same for paintball?

ps I would have posted this on the PBA forums but they obviously aren't looked after and are currently full of spambots.

Last edited by vijil : 12-03-2012 at 04:54 AM.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2012, 08:17 AM #2
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

has been a member for 10 years
CombatOi84 plays in the PSP
CombatOi84 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
Here in Wellington NZ, delayed obviously since nobody is getting up at 4am for the finals.

We'll probably make an event of it and show the D1 and Pro final games for all the 2013 events. Maybe even D2 if there's time, but we'll see how the first event goes.

What I want to know is, how quickly will the final games be ondemand after the events in 2013? We're planning to show them on the Monday night (early Monday morning for you guys) if possible, but I need to know whether I'll need to get a screen recording software/setup to record the actual webcast in order to do that or could just use ondemand. I'm not sure I trust the reliability of my connection for that, while bars around here are pretty good for webs.

The format works pretty well for eSports as a group called Barcraft are now showing GSL proleague finals in bars all around the world vai gomTV. Why not the same for paintball?

ps I would have posted this on the PBA forums but they obviously aren't looked after and are currently full of spambots.
Great idea! I hope you have a decent enough concentration of paintballers in your area, who at least random people that will enjoy it. But I do think this is a really cool idea!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:32 AM #3
89raider
all gas no brakes

89raider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
89raider supports Team VICIOUS
89raider plays in the APPA beginner division
89raider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
from what i saw this year they were on demand that same day... it took a few hours but they were up and running
Old 12-03-2012, 08:43 PM #4
JI TeamWorthless
All busted up

JI TeamWorthless plays in the PSP
JI TeamWorthless owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
JI TeamWorthless plays in the APPA D4 division
I was at a bar a few years back and they were showing some indoor 3 man tourny (Smart Parts world championships or something like that?) And seemed like nobody there had ever seen paintball before but they were getting into it pretty good.
It just blows me away how they can show **** like darts and poker on tv and not even a little bit of paintball anymore.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:54 PM #5
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JI TeamWorthless View Post
I was at a bar a few years back and they were showing some indoor 3 man tourny (Smart Parts world championships or something like that?) And seemed like nobody there had ever seen paintball before but they were getting into it pretty good.
It just blows me away how they can show **** like darts and poker on tv and not even a little bit of paintball anymore.
Probably the UAPL.

Just hit the Eastside of the LBC on a mission trying to find Mr. Warren G.

DIRTLIFE REUNION TOUR - If you got a obscure (and cheap) tournament, we'll ****in be there.
neweraballer76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:03 AM #6
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

This is looking like a go
Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 AM #7
thecody

thecody plays in the PSP
thecody plays in the APPA D3 division
Yes the footage is already recorded all you have to do is rewind it to what ever part of the day you would like to watch.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:14 AM #8
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D3 division
I went to fenway a couple of years ago and they were showing that espn "behind the paint" or whatever it was called at the restaurant and people seemed to be diggin it.
Xcape paintball.
LockDown Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:04 PM #9
BabyFace

BabyFace supports DLX Technology
if i owned a bar i would definitely do this
BabyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:09 PM #10
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

We just went up to the counter and asked, you don't need to own the place.