Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 01:28 PM #1261
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3rEye51nRoam View Post
Do any of you have suggestions for running Skyrim stably with large amounts of mods?

In my excitement to push visuals, I hastily installed 20 or so new mods at once and ran into crash to desktop issues (consistantly occuring near Moonforge as I'm about to discover it). Unfortunately, my most recent saves are now corrupted and crash to desktop when attempting to load.
Update to current version (1.8). Download Mod Manager from Skyrim Nexus. Learn the order that you should implement them (effects first, landscape mods next, characters models after that, etc.) and use BOSS to manage the load order for you.

Also, be sure to utilize the ENB Series mod for Skyrim and the FXAA mods they have going around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron122000 View Post
I love photography in real life and with mods, I enjoy taking screenshots around Skyrim. I just found a bokeh depth of field mod. It's impossible to actually play with it on though. Just a quick snapshot showing the ridiculous DOF. I couldn't get the right angle for the bokeh to show up, but supposedly it's there.

That actually looks... meh. I suggest playing with the ENB mods and their subsequent presets (if you don't want to get too far in to it) to get a much better-looking effect that is actually playable as well.

I've got my copy of Skyrim running about 15 mods right now, plus ENB and FXAA. The game is absolutely gorgeous. There are a couple of little bugs that don't get in the way (sudden darkening of the entire scene flashes every once in a while. I can deal with it though), but it's stable and I haven't had a problem yet.

I'll probably post some screen shots later today.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:57 PM #1262
cameron122000
*714*
 
cameron122000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Anaheim
cameron122000 helped look for balloons
cameron122000 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Yeah I'm still playing with the settings. I think I might have enabled the tilt shift effect in that as well, which would explain the model train level of focus.
__________________

ST:Tech - waitwut.
cameron122000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:09 PM #1263
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron122000 View Post
Yeah I'm still playing with the settings. I think I might have enabled the tilt shift effect in that as well, which would explain the model train level of focus.
Yeah. It looks very tilt shift-ish. Also looks a bit too strong for any real detail to stick out. The bokeh effect is pretty good though.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 PM #1264
H3rEye51nRoam
GWC #29
 
H3rEye51nRoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 801/810/440
 has been a member for 10 years
H3rEye51nRoam donated to help Peyton Trent
H3rEye51nRoam supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
Update to current version (1.8). Download Mod Manager from Skyrim Nexus. Learn the order that you should implement them (effects first, landscape mods next, characters models after that, etc.) and use BOSS to manage the load order for you.

Also, be sure to utilize the ENB Series mod for Skyrim and the FXAA mods they have going around.
Any benefit in using Mod Manager over the Steam Workshop?
__________________
H3rEye51nRoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:08 AM #1265
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3rEye51nRoam View Post
Any benefit in using Mod Manager over the Steam Workshop?
I do not know much about Steam Workshop, but from what I do understand, it seems that there are mods specific to either Mod Manager or the Steam Workshop. I guess you can simply pick and choose to your liking, but I've been a follower of the Skyrim Nexus for some time and prefer their method as I'm more familiar with them.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:46 PM #1266
H3rEye51nRoam
GWC #29
 
H3rEye51nRoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 801/810/440
 has been a member for 10 years
H3rEye51nRoam donated to help Peyton Trent
H3rEye51nRoam supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
I do not know much about Steam Workshop, but from what I do understand, it seems that there are mods specific to either Mod Manager or the Steam Workshop. I guess you can simply pick and choose to your liking, but I've been a follower of the Skyrim Nexus for some time and prefer their method as I'm more familiar with them.
Awesome, thanks for the heads up!
__________________
H3rEye51nRoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:29 PM #1267
MattDamnit
Anustart
 
MattDamnit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
Just downloaded hearth fire and dragonborn
__________________
SCII
Youtube
Team Green
Don't Touch Me You Filthy Casual
MattDamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:43 PM #1268
MattDamnit
Anustart
 
MattDamnit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
I really hope that I don't have to be level 78 to kill a legendary dragon.
__________________
SCII
Youtube
Team Green
Don't Touch Me You Filthy Casual
MattDamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:07 PM #1269
cameron122000
*714*
 
cameron122000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Anaheim
cameron122000 helped look for balloons
cameron122000 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDamnit View Post
I really hope that I don't have to be level 78 to kill a legendary dragon.
I had to use the console kill command on one because I couldn't kill it and there was no other way for me to advance.
__________________

ST:Tech - waitwut.
cameron122000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:06 PM #1270
earlsweatshirt (Banned)
Lets get weird
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Dragons are annoying as ****
earlsweatshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:18 PM #1271
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345
 
The Wizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 315/585
The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Just started. I like lock picking and am kind of regretting not making my character a thief. Just completed the dragonstone quest thing. Do I really need to save 1000 gold to buy a horse? I stole one but then I got busted.

EDIT: Or I could just sell my looted items. Derp.
__________________
"Originally posted by Katsumoru: And my dad is an astronaut and gave my car a rocket engine. It's not bull****, just too fast to see."

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."

Last edited by The Wizard : 01-01-2013 at 11:31 PM.
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:38 AM #1272
earlsweatshirt (Banned)
Lets get weird
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
I got skyrim around Christmas time and im already level 27. Trust me, 1k is nothing, before you know it you'll have 25k+ from looting/quests. Also you get a really badass murdered out horse with red eyes named "Shadowmere" if you join the dark brotherhood. Also wizard I would definitely work on your sneak and smithing, 2 very important skills.
earlsweatshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:13 AM #1273
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345
 
The Wizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 315/585
The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Had to call it a night but I got Lydia and am on my way to the Greybeards. A lot of wandering around so far but the leveling is fast so it's fine.
__________________
"Originally posted by Katsumoru: And my dad is an astronaut and gave my car a rocket engine. It's not bull****, just too fast to see."

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:33 AM #1274
Egos4flifeguy
- FISH - FISH - FISH -
 
Egos4flifeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Egos4flifeguy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Egos4flifeguy is for the Gunfight
Egos4flifeguy is for the Gunfight
Egos4flifeguy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Egos4flifeguy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Egos4flifeguy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Egos4flifeguy supports DLX Technology
I'm level 45, been playing since the game came out And I'm still shocked every time I play at the massive amount of content in it. I still believe the sides quests never end! To many misc ones lol.

The was my first game of the series, not knowing anything I chose light elf, and mastered him in heavy armor and duel welding one handed swords. Current setup that I've been using on him for a while Is full legendary dragon bone, with two legendary deadric swords. Elder Dragons take 3 hits to kill.

I've currently went through all the main quests I'm pretty sure, even on Dragonborn and Dawnguard. Didn't even mess with Hearthfire, sure it's pretty cool but to time consuming for me.

I love the game and will continue to buy the worth full DLCs along with any game after this.
I still remember playing hours after hours just on side quests and learning new locations. That was back before I knew you could fast travel
__________________
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Freak Back! A/C Stiffi, And Freak Inserts!
<><><>><><<><<><><<><><><><>
Egos4flifeguy's Gearbag Sale
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Blue/Black I4s!
Egos4flifeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:43 AM #1275
big_scott
Has a good personality.
 
big_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egos4flifeguy View Post
I'm level 45, been playing since the game came out And I'm still shocked every time I play at the massive amount of content in it. I still believe the sides quests never end! To many misc ones lol.

The was my first game of the series, not knowing anything I chose light elf, and mastered him in heavy armor and duel welding one handed swords. Current setup that I've been using on him for a while Is full legendary dragon bone, with two legendary deadric swords. Elder Dragons take 3 hits to kill.

I've currently went through all the main quests I'm pretty sure, even on Dragonborn and Dawnguard. Didn't even mess with Hearthfire, sure it's pretty cool but to time consuming for me.

I love the game and will continue to buy the worth full DLCs along with any game after this.
I still remember playing hours after hours just on side quests and learning new locations. That was back before I knew you could fast travel
If I remember correctly, side quests never do end. Some of them are randomly generated forever.
__________________
big_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:46 AM #1276
Egos4flifeguy
- FISH - FISH - FISH -
 
Egos4flifeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Egos4flifeguy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Egos4flifeguy is for the Gunfight
Egos4flifeguy is for the Gunfight
Egos4flifeguy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Egos4flifeguy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Egos4flifeguy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Egos4flifeguy supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post

If I remember correctly, side quests never do end. Some of them are randomly generated forever.
Side quests don't?

I know I've gotten bored with the misc. ones like "Deliver this piece of bread to Mildred in Solitude" lol
__________________
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Freak Back! A/C Stiffi, And Freak Inserts!
<><><>><><<><<><><<><><><><>
Egos4flifeguy's Gearbag Sale
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Blue/Black I4s!
Egos4flifeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:49 AM #1277
big_scott
Has a good personality.
 
big_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Yea the game makes random generic side quests into infinity. At least it is supposed to. I've never played the game enough to see it for myself.
__________________
big_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:04 AM #1278
ElPanda
CAD/CAM
 
ElPanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
The generic quests get old fast but at least bethesda tried
__________________

ABET Accredited Level II Machinist - CNC programmer - Mech. Engineering Technologist
Polarst*r Engineering and Machine

ElPanda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:45 PM #1279
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345
 
The Wizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 315/585
The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
wtf I have to go from Ustengrav all the way back to Riverwood?
__________________
"Originally posted by Katsumoru: And my dad is an astronaut and gave my car a rocket engine. It's not bull****, just too fast to see."

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:37 PM #1280
earlsweatshirt (Banned)
Lets get weird
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
wtf I have to go from Ustengrav all the way back to Riverwood?
lul


But yeah the misc. quests are pretty annoying, but some are easy money. I got the achievement for completing 50 of them just because I was trying to trim down the 10 page long list of delivery quests.
earlsweatshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:50 PM #1281
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345
 
The Wizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 315/585
The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Well I lost my horse when I went through Cold Rock Pass so it's taking a while on foot. There was a dragon there but I couldn't kill it (maybe I'm not able yet? lvl 9)
__________________
"Originally posted by Katsumoru: And my dad is an astronaut and gave my car a rocket engine. It's not bull****, just too fast to see."

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump