Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-03-2012, 09:40 AM #1
texasguy93

Beginner help!!

I am new to paintball. I have played woodsball before but I do not know much about the markers in their quality. I will probably have a $800 budget for the marker, tank and hopper. I was wondering what gun (bought used) would be a good marker for someone starting out like me for that price range. I know the tanks are around $80-100, I don't know much about hopper prices, and then the marker.

Thank you!
texasguy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 AM #2
Nosaj2189

First off, get a good mask. Spend the money on a great mask, can't stress that enough since it is THE safety precaution for paintball and you will want one that won't fog up. I would say a safe bet is 80 dollars (unless you already have one that is top of the line.)

Are you playing woodsball with the 800 dollars or speedball?\

http://www.pbnation.com/reviews/
The link above is to the reviews on this site to help see what is more down your style of play. Once you feel confident on the one you want, search the BST http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140

It is a broad question but when you get to different paintball markers, that can change what tank you get as far as Low pressure and High Pressure.

Hoppers: Dye Rotors are pretty well the norm. It is reliable and will last. Will keep up with the high end guns so if you do decide to upgrade someday.. one less new thing you have to get. $100~

Tank: 68/4500 is the typical tank size, but like I said with the paintball marker, it will depend on what marker you have to determine High or Low pressure tank. $100~

leaves roughly 500 dollars for a marker. Personally, since you are new, I would recommend either getting a used one here on the forums around 200 (do research first, the reviews on this site, youtube, something) Invert Mini, Ions, Older Dye Matrix's (DM5, DM6, etc.)

Like I said, it is a broad question but get the basics first Mask, Hopper, Marker/Tank, and a pod pack will be nice as well if you don't have one (30ish dollars)
Nosaj2189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:10 AM #3
texasguy93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosaj2189 View Post
First off, get a good mask. Spend the money on a great mask, can't stress that enough since it is THE safety precaution for paintball and you will want one that won't fog up. I would say a safe bet is 80 dollars (unless you already have one that is top of the line.)

Are you playing woodsball with the 800 dollars or speedball?\

http://www.pbnation.com/reviews/
The link above is to the reviews on this site to help see what is more down your style of play. Once you feel confident on the one you want, search the BST http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140

It is a broad question but when you get to different paintball markers, that can change what tank you get as far as Low pressure and High Pressure.

Hoppers: Dye Rotors are pretty well the norm. It is reliable and will last. Will keep up with the high end guns so if you do decide to upgrade someday.. one less new thing you have to get. $100~

Tank: 68/4500 is the typical tank size, but like I said with the paintball marker, it will depend on what marker you have to determine High or Low pressure tank. $100~

leaves roughly 500 dollars for a marker. Personally, since you are new, I would recommend either getting a used one here on the forums around 200 (do research first, the reviews on this site, youtube, something) Invert Mini, Ions, Older Dye Matrix's (DM5, DM6, etc.)

Like I said, it is a broad question but get the basics first Mask, Hopper, Marker/Tank, and a pod pack will be nice as well if you don't have one (30ish dollars)

I am playing speedball from here on out. Thanks for the tips on the good mask. I'm joining my college team next semester so I need just basic gear to start out with. Thanks for the tips on the markers, I see Invert Mini, and older Dye Matrix a lot when it comes to this situation. I will be doing more research as money becomes calculated, and I am more set on a price.
texasguy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:08 PM #4
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology
Nosaj2189 pretty much summed up what you need to do man. Mask is so key, it's your vision, without you being able to see, you can't do anything out on the field. Also, one that fits to your head right. It is the only thing protecting your vision. The dye rotor is my personal favorite. There's also the Z2 and Spire that are pretty nice. 68/4500 is what most people use for tanks, but they make them bigger and smaller than that. It's all about your preference. With 500 remaining, you have a lot of options. I'd buy used on here like he said. I recommend the axe for that price range, but you could get a lot of other nice guns too. Do your research, and come up with what you want. Don't just decide based off of someone else's opinion
dps093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:45 PM #5
iced_out_santi

If you got $800 dollars and are new to speed ball i would say get a mini for sure grab a used mini for about $250 then get a 48/45 ninja tank you could pick those up for about $130 then go with a Z 2 hopper for about $80 added up it won't add up to more than $500 then you'll have some money to get a mask pants and jersey and it shouldn't cost more than $800 for the whole package good luck bro!
iced_out_santi is offline   Reply With Quote