PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-28-2012, 02:36 PM #190
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Allcot View Post
Depends on the tank. The treads/track are one of the strongest points on a tank, generally not really an effective target if you want to immediately disable a tank.

Here's the results of the U.S. Army shooting up a disabled Panther in WWII using a bazooka, not a single track/tread hit would have immediately disabled the tank, in fact there's a chance that none of them would have:

http://www.100thww2.org/support/776tankhits.html

Best option is to go for the sides/rear of the turret first and the rear armor covering the engine second with a bazooka. I doubt a grenade would do much real damage to a medium or heavy tank if tossed in the treads. They're anti-personal devices and the amount of force they put out really doesn't compare to the forces on the tracks simply from driving and turning. A light tank maybe but far more likely the only way a grenade would stop a tank is if it's tossed in an open hatch and goes off inside the tank.
Real cool find TJ!

http://1sspanzerkorps.com/
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2012, 11:25 AM #191
TJ Allcot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardboy View Post
How many tanks have you back doored since the thread started. (spelling)
Lately I'm thinking the crew is more of a danger to each other than any player back dooring a tank. Last game had about a half dozen rounds accidentally fired off inside the tank. Bumpy field due to a lot of down branches from hurricane Sandy and going slow really doesn't help, lol.
Dawn's Panther, Special Ops Trading Card Tank #0002
Sponsored by:

Cousins, Tippmann,
Allied with, Blues Crew
Friends w/,Engler Custom Guns,Draxxus,Planet Eclipse,Bea Youngs,Bear Claw PB,OA PB
And lots of others.
TJ Allcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:06 PM #192
Stockplayer

has been a member for 10 years
Post # 1, 5 and 11 from page one say it all.

See you at decay in September

Erik

Always Play Like Everyone Is Watching
><> Blowfish Paintball<><
Stockplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 PM #193
hardboy

Any one trying to back door my tank, will get bonus balled........... And a nerf to the chest........LOL.
hardboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:13 AM #194
kingofbeer62

Red face

Please make a video from both perspectives. I want to see some real evidence to show how dangerous it is to attack a paintball tank or why you shouldn't. WHERE'S the BEEF? Getting shot by 100 balls is nothing. Getting run over is different.
kingofbeer62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:44 AM #195
hardboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofbeer62 View Post
Please make a video from both perspectives. I want to see some real evidence to show how dangerous it is to attack a paintball tank or why you shouldn't. WHERE'S the BEEF? Getting shot by 100 balls is nothing. Getting run over is different.
I will see what I come up with.
hardboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:41 PM #196
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Well Erik actually many of the other posts has said it all. My problem with your posts are you talk about thinking a paintball tank is real and should be taken out like one. Opening a door/hatch and shooting people or throwing a paint grenade into the tank is not part of the normal means of taking out a paintball tank. That may work in the real world of warfare but it has no place in paintball. Being a tanker as long as I have I understand the frustration of players being shot at by a tank. I know players sometimes get overshot by tanks but thats not new to paintball. Players lite others up all the time whether its an accident or not. I personally dont like the usage of smoke grenades in games. Its not fun in a tank when smoke comes inside and you cannot see and the fumes make you cough and choke. Every once in a while at a game someone tries to get close or into the tank. Most of the time they get lit up. But you see I have latches on my doors inside of my tank so players cannot open doors and and reap havoc on my crew at close range. Like TJ said sometimes accidents in the tank like markers firing off can cause issues. I have done that myself. Since no one here has convinced you from the many posts about going into tanks. I suggest you stay in speedball before some gets hurt.

Treaddz
Cromagnum Tankerman is offline   Reply With Quote