PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-02-2012, 10:07 AM #1
CAOL_98
Ego User

CAOL_98 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Ego 10 having issues

A guy I play with at a local field is having all sorts of issues with his ego 10. The main problem was that the gun was busting paint left and right out f te barrel...we narrowed this down to a few things. Detents and crappy paint (battery was new). He did switch out his barrel, but he was having trouble with the stock shaft 3 (which I thought was strange, those were .693 correct)? So he hits the field again and I see him walk off mid-game...inquiring, he pulls the trigger and the gun will not even cycle fully, or even partially...it was acting starved for air...to make a long story short, my question is this: is this a solenoid issue at this point? I didn't even ask if his regs were good, maintained, etc. I never asked what his lpr was at either...these could also factor in. I know his settings on his board were put back to stock though (so dwell was fine). He's planning on sending it off to a pe tech, then off to the chopping block soon thereafter...I guess I'm asking because I want to know for future reference. Thanks to anyone with suggestions!

"This sport transcends all expectations. I thank God for this gift and the friends I have made playing."
CAOL_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2012, 04:14 PM #2
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOL_98
A guy I play with at a local field is having all sorts of issues with his ego 10. The main problem was that the gun was busting paint left and right out f te barrel...we narrowed this down to a few things. Detents and crappy paint (battery was new). He did switch out his barrel, but he was having trouble with the stock shaft 3 (which I thought was strange, those were .693 correct)? So he hits the field again and I see him walk off mid-game...inquiring, he pulls the trigger and the gun will not even cycle fully, or even partially...it was acting starved for air...to make a long story short, my question is this: is this a solenoid issue at this point? I didn't even ask if his regs were good, maintained, etc. I never asked what his lpr was at either...these could also factor in. I know his settings on his board were put back to stock though (so dwell was fine). He's planning on sending it off to a pe tech, then off to the chopping block soon thereafter...I guess I'm asking because I want to know for future reference. Thanks to anyone with suggestions!
Sounds if anything like he needs a new battery. He can also try resetting his board to stock settings, checking his LPR pressure and changing it to stock, and relube all orings. I've had 3 different Ego10's and never had this problem.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:04 AM #3
CAOL_98
Ego User

CAOL_98 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Did put in a new battery, did reset everything to stock settings, LPR, board, etc. Talked to him today...cleaned all of the regs when the problem first started, also cleaned and relubed the solenoid. He's sending it off to a PE tech. Glad to hear you owned 3 without the above issue he is still however, thanks for your input, although we did try everything you mentioned already at the field.
Sounds like the tech will just have to figure this one out. Thanks fella for your input!

"This sport transcends all expectations. I thank God for this gift and the friends I have made playing."
CAOL_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:11 AM #4
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOL_98
Did put in a new battery, did reset everything to stock settings, LPR, board, etc. Talked to him today...cleaned all of the regs when the problem first started, also cleaned and relubed the solenoid. He's sending it off to a PE tech. Glad to hear you owned 3 without the above issue he is still however, thanks for your input, although we did try everything you mentioned already at the field.
Sounds like the tech will just have to figure this one out. Thanks fella for your input!
Haha no problem. I just find it so odd when other people have problems with the same marker I've owned or have. Most times it comes to user error (not saying it is in this case) but its usually the culprit.

Another thing to mention is he could have had a bad batch of brittle paint. I know I shot this one XO tourney grade through my previous 10's which broke like crazy. Changed to a different paint and the problem solved.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:06 PM #5
realbass1

Annual Supporting Member
realbass1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
realbass1 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
realbass1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
let us know what the tech did to resolve the problem when he gets it back please. Thanks!
Dye DM7 Skull Camo
Ninja 50ci Peanut Tank
WGP 90ci/4500 Tank
Virtue Spire
Empire Z2
realbass1 is offline   Reply With Quote