Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 11-24-2012, 07:21 AM #652
CAOL_98
Greatness Awaits

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValkenWinter View Post
If you owned an Enzo, would you keep it in the garage and not drive it?
I'd probably piss collectors off, I'd drive it so much!!

"This sport transcends all expectations. I thank God for this gift and the friends I have made playing."
CAOL_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2012, 10:22 AM #653
coochiehead444

Wish they had these when I started playing in 05, the best thing to come out similar to this was the ion it was revolutionary in its price and features.

This imo has the potential to maybe do that.

WTB 05/06 XSV EGO, PL EGO'S LOOK ALSO
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...468&highlight=
coochiehead444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:35 AM #654
coochiehead444

p.s looks better than an ion lol

WTB 05/06 XSV EGO, PL EGO'S LOOK ALSO
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...468&highlight=
coochiehead444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:52 AM #655
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
I've seen one efficiency test on youtube by hustle paintball. They got about 1200ish shots on a 68/4500 filled to almost 4500. Nowhere near the 1500. Mind you the gun was freezing up bad enough to leak which would cause a loss in the count.
Most recently (and granted, it's probably not totally "broken in" yet, as I rarely go through more than a case per scenario and have been to 3 with it thus far) I got about 1000 shots off of my 48/4500. Went out with 6 pods and a rotor and only started noticeably losing velocity on the last 40-50 shots or so. That was on about 4200 psi (tank had time to cool down from when first filled). Personally I'm happy to get 4 pods and hopper off of that tank but almost 6 was pretty impressive for a spoolie in my book.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:35 PM #656
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
I've seen one efficiency test on youtube by hustle paintball. They got about 1200ish shots on a 68/4500 filled to almost 4500. Nowhere near the 1500. Mind you the gun was freezing up bad enough to leak which would cause a loss in the count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp04 View Post
It actually got 1389.
It also depends on the paint, the specific settings and lubrication on the marker, the tolerances, etc.

So, while in 50 degree low humidity weather with .689-.686 paint I got 576 shots off of a 50ci tank filled to 2000psi. Meaning, had it been filled to 4000psi it would have been 1152 shots. Dividing the amount of shots by the size of the tank in cubic inches (1152/50) is 23.04 balls per cubic inch, now, I rounded down to 23 balls per cubic inch at 4000 psi. 23*68=1564 shots, drop it down to 1550 for the sake of playability and that almost mirrors the tests done close to my conditions give or take 20 balls.

So, for me here in Wisconsin with .689-.686 paint at 294-299 fps in 50 degree weather I will get roughly 1,550 shots off of a 68/45 filled to 4000 psi with the stock barrel if I'm laying down a constant lane, more if I stop after each pod and let the tank heat back up to 50 degrees.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:07 PM #657
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
shot count

Well the video I saw was a straight out of the box test as well. No break in time. I was wrong on the shot count it was 1389 but they stopped way too late......velocity and recharge were already pretty low.

1300 is pretty good for a $300.00 gun either way. That's with a frozen leaking gun, and non stop shooting with stock barrel. My guess is a tighter bore, normal use without leaking and a decent break in period should add quite a bit. Still.........I don't see any video proof of it yet

I wonder if anyone can even do one without the gun freezing up? My guess is the reg might benefit from a light coating of dow 33 rather than oil for such a test.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:14 PM #658
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

got mine in the mail yesterday. it feels really good in the hands. feels very solid. grips are a nice soft tacky rubber as well.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:17 PM #659
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

Quote:
Well the video I saw was a straight out of the box test as well. No break in time. I was wrong on the shot count it was 1389 but they stopped way too late......velocity and recharge were already pretty low.

1300 is pretty good for a $300.00 gun either way. That's with a frozen leaking gun, and non stop shooting with stock barrel. My guess is a tighter bore, normal use without leaking and a decent break in period should add quite a bit. Still.........I don't see any video proof of it yet

I wonder if anyone can even do one without the gun freezing up? My guess is the reg might benefit from a light coating of dow 33 rather than oil for such a test.
My gun hasn't frozen up on me once. I've put about 7 cases through it and had zero issues except for my foregrip console falling out.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:16 PM #660
MstrKey

freezing up

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
My gun hasn't frozen up on me once. I've put about 7 cases through it and had zero issues except for my foregrip console falling out.
No you shouldn't freeze up under normal use. Unless you fire off 1000 rounds without stopping under normal use lol. Most of us don't do that

I meant during an efficiency test someone might want to use a lite coating of dow33 to prevent the reg from freezing and leaking. My guess is having the regulator in the grip insulates it and prevents it from warming up as fast as a more exposed foregrip type of regulator would. When more people post up videos we can see if that's a normal problem or not. It could even be as simple as the regulator seat not being the proper material....who knows.

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
Old 11-30-2012, 01:18 PM #661
DTMsurf
S.D. CA

Mine just showed up this morning, taking it to test now;

Put about 100 old crusade balls through it as fast as I can go on semi with no breaks and a nice grouping at 50'

This marker is small and light. It is about an inch longer than my mini from back of the grip to front of the fore grip but feels much lighter and thinner then the mini.

Going to play 2moro and try out a couple CP barrels (.685 & .689)
I will be shooting 1cs. Graffiti and 1cs. of Lava and will post on how it compares directly to my mini, if anyone is ineterested.

Last edited by DTMsurf : 11-30-2012 at 04:34 PM.
DTMsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:45 PM #662
DTMsurf
S.D. CA

Update:

Shot 2 cases of paint with only 1 barrel break. Used the CP .689 all day, it was working so why change.

First 3 sets we payed 3v3 and 4v4 X ball. It was the first time Ive played X ball and I had a blast, loved the way this gun worked snapping out.
Played woods ball and the usual rec spool stuff for the rest of the day.

I had a blast with this gun. I kept it on semi all day, like a good walk-on, and really just loved it. The feel, accuracy, sound, everything was great. I am still not as fast with it as the mini, getting used to the trigger but I let one of the Refs shoot it and he was throwing ropes, super fast.

Last game it stops working, just nothing. Red LED giving me 3 fast blinks and 1 slow. I ran back to the car and changed the battery real quick to make it back for the second game of the set, still nothing. I read the manual and it said the red LED meant bolt jam or blocked breach. Took the bolt out, it looked fine, cleaned the eyes and still nothing. Just called it a day.
Got home and took the bolt out again. I compressed and expanded it a few times and it was a bit dry. Put it back together and it worked. Sent some lube through the air system per the manual and it shoots fine again. I think the bolt just got too dry. I bought it used so I dont know when it was oiled last but it may need lube every couple of cases.

All in all super happy, gonna try and talk my son into playing 2moro!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:10 PM #663
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMsurf View Post
Update:

Shot 2 cases of paint with only 1 barrel break. Used the CP .689 all day, it was working so why change.

First 3 sets we payed 3v3 and 4v4 X ball. It was the first time Ive played X ball and I had a blast, loved the way this gun worked snapping out.
Played woods ball and the usual rec spool stuff for the rest of the day.

I had a blast with this gun. I kept it on semi all day, like a good walk-on, and really just loved it. The feel, accuracy, sound, everything was great. I am still not as fast with it as the mini, getting used to the trigger but I let one of the Refs shoot it and he was throwing ropes, super fast.

Last game it stops working, just nothing. Red LED giving me 3 fast blinks and 1 slow. I ran back to the car and changed the battery real quick to make it back for the second game of the set, still nothing. I read the manual and it said the red LED meant bolt jam or blocked breach. Took the bolt out, it looked fine, cleaned the eyes and still nothing. Just called it a day.
Got home and took the bolt out again. I compressed and expanded it a few times and it was a bit dry. Put it back together and it worked. Sent some lube through the air system per the manual and it shoots fine again. I think the bolt just got too dry. I bought it used so I dont know when it was oiled last but it may need lube every couple of cases.

All in all super happy, gonna try and talk my son into playing 2moro!
You can lube it the way you did every time you play.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:26 PM #664
DTMsurf
S.D. CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlip View Post
You can lube it the way you did every time you play.
Yep, I think Im just going to make that part of my routine, set up, drop some lube in, go chrono, etc. everytime I play. With the mini and my Tippmanns I oiled them every couple of outings when I broke them down to clean.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:35 PM #665
Potluck
Cocker Junkie to the Bone

Potluck has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Potluck has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I demoed one at a big game yesterday, my Proto did like the wet weather. The shoot great all day long. A few breaks, great efficiency, it felt grat in my hands, and the on/off switch made me feel like my old Revvy, that's an old Veiw Loaded if you did not know.
The proton shot great, felt good in my hands and arms (I'm 6'2").
I was looking at PE but at the entry price point I am taking another look at this gun!!!
Potluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:59 AM #666
MstrKey

Always lube any spooler before every day of play. Since this one uses oil I imagine that's mandatory since oil shoots out a lot quicker.

Anyone tried using grease on the bolt instead?

Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 PM #667
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

Quote:
Anyone tried using grease on the bolt instead?
Yep, when I still had it I found that a light amount of grease did me better than oil, although a VERY thin layer of Dow33 is all before it gets to be too much.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:36 PM #668
DTMsurf
S.D. CA

Played with it yesterday, no issues at all. I actually think the problem was bad 9v batteries. I had an older box of 9v that I think were all bad. I went out and bought freshies and it worked perfect. I did notice that the bolt was pretty dry again when I was cleaning it at the end of the day so it does like to go through lube.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:02 PM #669
MstrKey

lube

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMsurf View Post
Played with it yesterday, no issues at all. I actually think the problem was bad 9v batteries. I had an older box of 9v that I think were all bad. I went out and bought freshies and it worked perfect. I did notice that the bolt was pretty dry again when I was cleaning it at the end of the day so it does like to go through lube.
Oil always shoots out too fast. I think since they designed the gun for the low end occasional player they thought oil would make things a lot easier. They probably assumed these players wouldn't put a lot of cycles on the gun. They were wrong if they did.

I personally would use grease. It just lasts so much longer. The reg is easy to access for a lite grease job too.

That's just me though.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:05 PM #670
ValkenWinter
Grumpy old Rockstar......

ValkenWinter works for a Paintball manufacturer
ValkenWinter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Working on it.................
Old 12-13-2012, 03:32 PM #671
MstrKey

workin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValkenWinter View Post
Working on it.................
On what?

Old 12-13-2012, 04:49 PM #672
catterman
It does what its told!

catterman supports Team VICIOUS
catterman plays in the APPA D5 division
I guess i'll be soon getting rid of my exalt on my rotor, buying a rotor crown 2 and then this feed for the spire and doing the swap. Oh the things we do for greatness.
CAROLINA KEGGERS #13
catterman is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.