PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 09-16-2012, 01:25 PM #1
Foxxx101

UK speedball

Trying to find good areas to play speedball, but it seems like every place I go to is rental woodsball. I'm even willing to drive down to london to play. Can anyone fill me in? I'm in the lakenheath area.
Foxxx101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:56 PM #2
Sherlok

Sherlok is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Sherlok has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Going to bump and bold this. I'm moving to Kent County (Rochester) for a few months and was wondering if it was worth taking my gear with me. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:02 AM #3
Foxxx101

Looks like there is walk on days at combat painball in thetford
Foxxx101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:20 AM #4
K I 7V G Z

Bricket wood paintball! North London! Is the place to go!

Shooting the Dye NT in Claret and Graphite w/Gold parts[/center]
K I 7V G Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:46 AM #5
The_Duke_UK
UK baller

Bricket Wood is a great training place, there also CPPS in stafford which is a tournament venue, they normally let people train too
The_Duke_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:26 AM #6
SinFoundationWrath
SinFoundation

Annual Supporting Member
SinFoundationWrath owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SinFoundationWrath has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SinFoundationWrath has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SinFoundationWrath has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SinFoundationWrath supports Empire
So I'm new to playing paintball by the UK laws, so how does one go about using a tournament grade marker, (I own a Shocker NXT, Karnivor, Mini, and G3) without breaking the law? I figured just using tourney locks on it to keep it semi-auto would work.
SinFoundationWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:53 PM #7
dextrus

There isnt a gun law in the uk.
The most common ramp mode is the millenium with kick in at 6 and cap at 10.5.
Volatile CPPS
HEADBAND BALLER

UK Paintball Player
dextrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:48 AM #8
Spazmatic
I do it

Spazmatic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Spazmatic plays in the APPA D4 division
I know in Ireland markers are considered a firearm, and you need a license to carry a firearm. I have not looked up the laws in England or other European nations. Seeing that its illegal to have most firearms in the UK, I'd do my research first. Don't want to be fined or thrown in jail over a technicality.

Penn State University #45
SLAUGHTERhouse #45
Spazmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:56 PM #9
rebelpebbles

There's no license required to own a marker as such, in the UK. We have some fairly strict firearms laws, but they don't really get applied to paintball as such.

Basics are:

Semi-auto only (one trigger pull = one ball - I'll say more about this later), firing less than 330fps.

Firing at a velocity higher than above using a standard paintball would cause your marker to be deemed a firearm.

As far as firing modes are concerned, the rule of law stipulates that a marker should fire one ball per trigger pull. Accidental double firing does not constitute a criminal offence (e.g. double feeding, or trigger bounce). Ramping is a legal grey area. Although technically breaking the law no court has yet made a judgement on it (and we should probably avoid even taking it to court if possible). To the best of my knowledge, when the Millennium Series is in London, they do use the Millennium ramping mode (10.4bps, following 6 trigger pulls, then maintaining 6 trigger pulls per second). I could be wrong on this, but I haven't heard any differently.

Basic common sense is also useful. For example, don't be waving your marker around in public. The general public here are probably not aware that you're waving a paintball marker and could confuse it for a real weapon. This goes double for milsim.

Break your marker down into as many reasonable component pieces as possible. Remove hoppers, air system, barrels. We aren't talking about taking the thing to bits. Think about how the marker comes to you in the packaging and you'll be on the right track.

Carry markers in the trunk of your car, preferably in a lockable flight case. This isn't necessary, but if you're stopped by the police it shows that you're making an effort to ensure that it can't be accidentally discharged. Keep air and paint separate from the marker.

If the police do stop you, be open and honest about what's in your vehicle/bags. Explain that you have a paintball marker on your person/in your vehicle. They will likely ask you if you are carrying any ammunition and/or compressed gas. It is not unreasonable for them to ask to see it, though common sense should prevail if you're in a public area.

It's mostly common sense stuff. Hope this helps!

edit: almost forgot the UKPSF is a good resource: http://www.ukpsf.com/paintballlaw.php

Last edited by rebelpebbles : 01-02-2013 at 01:59 PM. Reason: UKPSF link
rebelpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:42 AM #10
Dark Warrior
www.paintballscene.co.uk

has been a member for 10 years
Dark Warrior owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelpebbles View Post
There's no license required to own a marker as such, in the UK. We have some fairly strict firearms laws, but they don't really get applied to paintball as such.

Basics are:

Semi-auto only (one trigger pull = one ball - I'll say more about this later), firing less than 330fps.

Firing at a velocity higher than above using a standard paintball would cause your marker to be deemed a firearm.

As far as firing modes are concerned, the rule of law stipulates that a marker should fire one ball per trigger pull. Accidental double firing does not constitute a criminal offence (e.g. double feeding, or trigger bounce). Ramping is a legal grey area. Although technically breaking the law no court has yet made a judgement on it (and we should probably avoid even taking it to court if possible). To the best of my knowledge, when the Millennium Series is in London, they do use the Millennium ramping mode (10.4bps, following 6 trigger pulls, then maintaining 6 trigger pulls per second). I could be wrong on this, but I haven't heard any differently.

Basic common sense is also useful. For example, don't be waving your marker around in public. The general public here are probably not aware that you're waving a paintball marker and could confuse it for a real weapon. This goes double for milsim.

Break your marker down into as many reasonable component pieces as possible. Remove hoppers, air system, barrels. We aren't talking about taking the thing to bits. Think about how the marker comes to you in the packaging and you'll be on the right track.

Carry markers in the trunk of your car, preferably in a lockable flight case. This isn't necessary, but if you're stopped by the police it shows that you're making an effort to ensure that it can't be accidentally discharged. Keep air and paint separate from the marker.

If the police do stop you, be open and honest about what's in your vehicle/bags. Explain that you have a paintball marker on your person/in your vehicle. They will likely ask you if you are carrying any ammunition and/or compressed gas. It is not unreasonable for them to ask to see it, though common sense should prevail if you're in a public area.

It's mostly common sense stuff. Hope this helps!

edit: almost forgot the UKPSF is a good resource: http://www.ukpsf.com/paintballlaw.php
The Gun laws you quote are GB specific not UK - Northern Ireland with is part of the UK but not GB has different gun laws