Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-22-2012, 08:33 PM #22
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamomark View Post
Well I guess I shouldn't argue with ignorance but ill give it a shot.
In my case paintball is not limited to .68 cal and I can enjoy .50 cal just the same as the larger variant. Slinging paint is slinging paint and I care not what size it is or what marker it comes out of. I find it odd that one, like yourself, would have so much distaste for something that can be enjoyed by others in the sport. Ever hear the phrase "To Each His Own"

.50 cal may not fit "your" needs but in the end you are just a hater.
How is anything he said ignorant? He can't get paint for a reasonable cost. That's not "being a hater" that's "being practical".
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2012, 12:19 AM #23
dynamomark
BallzOut Paintball

dynamomark owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
dynamomark supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by painthappy View Post
I threw my GiMilsim gun out. No fresh paint exists. Everything out there for paint has now been sitting on the shelf for a year. No huge price savings as the only way to get the paint is to order it online and pay for shipping. Costs more than the cheap stuff in 68 from the field.

I can buy an Eclipse Ego 7 or 8 for ~ $300

Shoot .68 caliber, have no issues.

I find that the people that push the .50 caliber are the wannabe hipsters of paintball. You know the kind of guys that show up in skinny jeans at a coffee shop with a typewriter because they're cooler than the rest.

I think JT finally showed us where .50 cal belongs (with the splat masters)... In the hands of 8 year olds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
How is anything he said ignorant? He can't get paint for a reasonable cost. That's not "being a hater" that's "being practical".
please re-read this post of his.

Besides it really isn't hard to order paint over the web just like anything else or have a local store order it specifically for you.

][nvert Mini / Infinity Legend / ICD B2K4 w/ pds / Tippmann A5 / 2011 Mokal Aura / Spyder Advancer / GI Micro50 / Spyder Imagine / WGP Outkast Pump / WGP Prostock / DP E1 / Azodin Kaos
dynamomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:09 PM #24
fluffyguy

I run a GI micro at the moment and I personally think that it works great not to mention the savings in paint.
fluffyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:23 AM #25
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlip View Post
No BYOP. I will probably just find some youngster starting to play and sell it cheap or give it away.
Not entirely related to thos thread but if that is the case let me know, maybe something to get my nephew into palaying a bit. He has been wanting to but I thing the larger .68 scares him a bit.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:24 PM #26
dynamomark
BallzOut Paintball

dynamomark owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
dynamomark supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
Not entirely related to thos thread but if that is the case let me know, maybe something to get my nephew into palaying a bit. He has been wanting to but I thing the larger .68 scares him a bit.
If you think of it as a way to ease him into it. sure if it works. what ever gets more people on the field right.

other then using the smaller size to jedi mind trick him into playing I would think it would be good to recommend .50 cal for new players.
less reloading because the loader holds a crap load of paint, less sound, less perceived kick, cheap if you but paint online (slate supreme is so nice), light setup (use a small 4500psi tank and shoot forever)

he may not play that well but he will still have a blast pulling the trigger and running around. At the field I go to the new player fresh off the modern warfare game diet dont do all that well but I tell them its about having fun and not keeping kill counts.

][nvert Mini / Infinity Legend / ICD B2K4 w/ pds / Tippmann A5 / 2011 Mokal Aura / Spyder Advancer / GI Micro50 / Spyder Imagine / WGP Outkast Pump / WGP Prostock / DP E1 / Azodin Kaos
dynamomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:40 PM #27
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexi ca40k
If I get a 3557 ill be a .50 cal supporter
Lol me too. I freaking love paintball revolvers!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:20 PM #28
mongoosemunoz07

mongoosemunoz07 supports Team VICIOUS
mongoosemunoz07 is an NCPA National Champion
mongoosemunoz07 plays in the APPA Pro division
I dont think its ever going to happen. Had a short run but its too late to change the way we play.
mongoosemunoz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:10 AM #29
NickRowell
Did you read the rules?

NickRowell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NickRowell supports Team VICIOUS
NickRowell supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoosemunoz07 View Post
I dont think its ever going to happen. Had a short run but its too late to change the way we play.
I agree but it was a cool, cheaper way to play. I would love to see more companies with 50. cal guns cause it would open up to a whole new range of paintball. Just like the jt splatmaster did

MARQ CLAN
You Know You Want My Rotor!
NickRowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:06 AM #30
painthappy
Painthappy

Annual Supporting Member
painthappy is a founding member
painthappy is a Paintball photographer
painthappy is playing at Living Legends V
painthappy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
painthappy supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamomark View Post
Besides it really isn't hard to order paint over the web just like anything else or have a local store order it specifically for you.
No, it's not hard to order paint, but it's not cheaper... And that's the point.

Local field sells .68 caliber paint for $45 a case for the mid range, and $35 for the super cheap stuff.

I find .50 caliber mid range stuff at $50 a case on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAINTBALLS-G...-/271113192658

And they have to ship it, and if anything in the box is broken I don't have too much of a recourse. Where as my local field will let me check the paint and exchange anything right there if any in the bag is broken!

So where's the savings? Not there. The whole idea is just plain silly. I can buy a good condition ego 6 or 7 for the same price of a mid range .50 caliber marker. Might as well buy the Ego instead of being pegged into using a caliber that most fields won't let you use anyways.

If you can get good cheap paint at your field in .50 and you enjoy using it, go ahead. But for the rest of us, it doesn't make sense. And when it doesn't make sense, it makes the people trying to push it look mighty ignorant of what the rest of the paintball community needs to deal with.

So .50 does NOT have the major savings people are promising. It doesn't shoot as far, isn't cheaper, doesn't break as well at distance... Basically unless you're using it for a specific product (crosman 3357) it doesn't make a lot of sense to use.
painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:08 AM #31
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by painthappy View Post
No, it's not hard to order paint, but it's not cheaper... And that's the point.

Local field sells .68 caliber paint for $45 a case for the mid range, and $35 for the super cheap stuff.

I find .50 caliber mid range stuff at $50 a case on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAINTBALLS-G...-/271113192658

And they have to ship it, and if anything in the box is broken I don't have too much of a recourse. Where as my local field will let me check the paint and exchange anything right there if any in the bag is broken!

So where's the savings? Not there. The whole idea is just plain silly. I can buy a good condition ego 6 or 7 for the same price of a mid range .50 caliber marker. Might as well buy the Ego instead of being pegged into using a caliber that most fields won't let you use anyways.

If you can get good cheap paint at your field in .50 and you enjoy using it, go ahead. But for the rest of us, it doesn't make sense. And when it doesn't make sense, it makes the people trying to push it look mighty ignorant of what the rest of the paintball community needs to deal with.

So .50 does NOT have the major savings people are promising. It doesn't shoot as far, isn't cheaper, doesn't break as well at distance... Basically unless you're using it for a specific product (crosman 3357) it doesn't make a lot of sense to use.
Those prices at your field are great. That isn't the case in all areas though. The cheapest paint at the field I play is $90 per case. I can save a few bucks (~$10) if I buy it at their pro shop. Maybe because I am in/near a major US city?

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:29 PM #32
excessiveego
Timmy Clan ExPresident

excessiveego donated to help Peyton Trent
excessiveego helped look for balloons
excessiveego has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
excessiveego has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
painthappy knows how it is... we live in New Hampshire where paintball began, we like to keep the sport that we started going strong. If .50 cal was truly BETTER for the sport then I would support it all day long. Personally I have been in the paintball scene for about 11 years and I have this little feeling that he's been around even longer, we have seen ups and down, innovations and flops... .50 was a flop when it was first tried and it is once again.
Originally Posted by 1stGenRex
"IDK that I have something that would accurately measure something that small...maybe I could send it to TJ and he could use the same device he measures his penis with."
excessiveego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:13 PM #33
acrewofone
Red Headed Step Child

Annual Supporting Member
acrewofone is a founding member
acrewofone supports Sherwood Forest
acrewofone is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexi ca40k View Post
If I get a 3557 ill be a .50 cal supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
Lol me too. I freaking love paintball revolvers!
I've played with 2 Crosman 3357 .50 Caliber Spotmarkers, the look in peoples eyes when I point these Revolvers at them is priceless.

(I actually have two I'm selling)

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...highlight=3357

eBay 756+/0- Feedback
PBNation 164+/0- Feedback
M. Carter Brown 92+/0- Feedback
OVER 1000 ALL POSITIVE TRANSACTION FEEDBACK!
acrewofone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:43 PM #34
NickRowell
Did you read the rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateyou
280PAINTBALL.COM
That's where I work. We shoot .50 cal. Spyder Opus. I'm looking at the gi milsim as a main marker to carry.
You should get the impulse. Such a sexy marker . It's the luxe if 50. Cal

MARQ CLAN
Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 PM #35
NickRowell
Did you read the rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyguy
I run a GI micro at the moment and I personally think that it works great not to mention the savings in paint.
Yeah I've been wanting to try one put for a while now. I love the gi impulse though

MARQ CLAN
Old 11-30-2012, 10:51 PM #36
NickRowell
Did you read the rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlip

Those prices at your field are great. That isn't the case in all areas though. The cheapest paint at the field I play is $90 per case. I can save a few bucks (~$10) if I buy it at their pro shop. Maybe because I am in/near a major US city?
What kind of cases are you buying bro? 35 a case for field paint? I totally agree with liverlip , paint at mine is 70$ a case

MARQ CLAN
Old 12-01-2012, 12:25 AM #37
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by excessiveego View Post
painthappy knows how it is... we live in New Hampshire where paintball began, we like to keep the sport that we started going strong. If .50 cal was truly BETTER for the sport then I would support it all day long. Personally I have been in the paintball scene for about 11 years and I have this little feeling that he's been around even longer, we have seen ups and down, innovations and flops... .50 was a flop when it was first tried and it is once again.
I respect you and painthappy both for your opinions. As far as "better for the sport" goes, that is subjective. My opinion is anything that gets people playing safely is good for the sport. And I have been playing for a while too. According to your profile I started playing the year before you were born. It has been great watching all the changes. If .50 cal goes the way of the dinosaurs then so be it. Until then, cest la vie.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:59 PM #38
yourPBfriend
Your Paintball ProShop

Annual Supporting Member
yourPBfriend is BST Legit
yourPBfriend owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
yourPBfriend owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
yourPBfriend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
yourPBfriend has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
yourPBfriend supports DLX Technology
I used 50 cal paintballs at my field for the first time this past weeked. I used a 50 cal converson kit on a CSL that I have here at the shop. It was the most fun ive ever had I think. There were only about 15 people at this rec field and none at the same caliber play as me. Mainly kids and guys that come every now and then using ions, minis, axes and such. I used the 50 cal paint in my spire(NOT ONE ISSUE) which held about 500 rounds in it. It was nice cause I could rain on people from far and they didnt feel like I was blowing them away. They are also very accurate and I was able snap out another tourny baller buddy of mine with them. He couldnt see them coming lol. I could shoot about 1000 off of a 45/45 tank with a 3000 fill. Its was great. I used formula 13. I sale it here at my shop now but I know you can get a case of 4000 for about $60 at ansgear. Free shipping over $100 how can people complain about that. Stuff was straight and brittle and quite the large break, very impressed.
yourPBfriend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:28 PM #39
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ProMod is an NCPA player
ProMod supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourPBfriend View Post
I used 50 cal paintballs at my field for the first time this past weeked. I used a 50 cal converson kit on a CSL that I have here at the shop. It was the most fun ive ever had I think. There were only about 15 people at this rec field and none at the same caliber play as me. Mainly kids and guys that come every now and then using ions, minis, axes and such. I used the 50 cal paint in my spire(NOT ONE ISSUE) which held about 500 rounds in it. It was nice cause I could rain on people from far and they didnt feel like I was blowing them away. They are also very accurate and I was able snap out another tourny baller buddy of mine with them. He couldnt see them coming lol. I could shoot about 1000 off of a 45/45 tank with a 3000 fill. Its was great. I used formula 13. I sale it here at my shop now but I know you can get a case of 4000 for about $60 at ansgear. Free shipping over $100 how can people complain about that. Stuff was straight and brittle and quite the large break, very impressed.
I still love using my GI-50. It's hella fun out there in the woods. I'm surprised more people aren't using it considering how effective (and damn fun) it can be.
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
"...Looks Like A...." earns you an instant NEWBIE tag. Don't be a newbie.
ProMod is offline   Reply With Quote