Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-27-2012, 04:12 PM #22
PaintballBenny
how you ding

I think you should get a new body omg that crooked feedneck has to go man, either mill that **** yourself, or just get a new body. You have the chance to build a sick gun if you want. you could put some good parts in this and make yourself a nice gun.
PaintballBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2012, 01:59 AM #23
rethalis

Lighting bolt came in, 2liter reg came in.
Here it is, aired it up. Had a small leak where I didn't use enough Teflon tape. Going to change the body, doesn't look as nice as I envisioned.
rethalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:04 AM #24
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
It looks nice for a classic body! But yes, I'd recommend getting a vertical feed body. If possible try looking for an Imagine body and modify it for top cocking. That way it's easier to clean.
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:20 PM #25
rethalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron-O3 View Post
It looks nice for a classic body! But yes, I'd recommend getting a vertical feed body. If possible try looking for an Imagine body and modify it for top cocking. That way it's easier to clean.
The lighting bolt is rear cocking only. Now, I do see a way to convert it to top cocking, it would require a little more work than what I would like.

So I have a black Amg classic body and compatable feedneck coming in. going to tune it on Sunday to get the right combos, than swap everything over when the new body comes in.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:06 PM #26
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot

masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
I kind of like how the body looks, nice and clean without too much stupid milling designs. Top-cocking is just my personal choice, what ever you pick won't make too much of a performance difference. Vert feed will really effect your speed. Although you really need eyes to get eyes to benefit from vert feed. Make sure you use a loader (force fed for sure) that will feed much faster than you plan on firing if you don't want to install eyes.

Note on the feedneck:
The powerfeed that you have is kind of a gimmick for spyders. A standard left/right feed body will act the same for the spyder design. The powerfeed design was meant to combat blow back (air going up the feedneck) in early automag designs. It helped out until AGD introduced a different bolt design but by then, many manufactures were copying the powerfeed design since people thought it would make any gun feed faster/better. I don't know what took everyone so long to get on the center/vert feed bandwagon. Why would you design a gun with an center of gravity not inline with the center of the body? What kind of retarded **** is that?

Last edited by masterofTHUMBS : 11-29-2012 at 07:21 PM.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:01 PM #27
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rethalis View Post
The lighting bolt is rear cocking only. Now, I do see a way to convert it to top cocking, it would require a little more work than what I would like.

So I have a black AMG classic body and compatible feed-neck coming in. going to tune it on Sunday to get the right combos, than swap everything over when the new body comes in.
The AMG is very different body from the other Spyders. There are a couple of issues that you will run into if you haven't already considered them. The fore grip aka the expansion chamber is a single unit that cannot be swapped. So if you're going to use the AMG body you will need in invest in a bottom-line regulator aka female ASA regulator (Female Palmer's Pursuit Regulator). Another issue would be the frame itself. The bottom of the AMG body is flat. Thus does NOT allow for ANY frame upgrades except for the board itself. So you wouldn't be able to use the current frame that you have. Moving to the front of the body, you'll run into the problem of not being able to use a higher flowing vertical adapter due to the AMG having it's own volume chamber (in reality it is already high flowing, but will NOT allow for vertical regulator upgrades). With that said, you wouldn't be able to tune the valve dwell UNLESS if you purchased a Madman Rocket Valve. Now, taking into consideration that you said you only have the body. You're at a disadvantage in trying to use this body. There are ways to get around a lot of what I said, but you would still be stuck with a useless body UNLESS you find all the parts you need to complete the AMG first.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:41 PM #28
rethalis

Quote:
The AMG is very different body from the other Spyders. There are a couple of issues that you will run into if you haven't already considered them. The fore grip aka the expansion chamber is a single unit that cannot be swapped. So if you're going to use the AMG body you will need in invest in a bottom-line regulator aka female ASA regulator (Female Palmer's Pursuit Regulator). Another issue would be the frame itself. The bottom of the AMG body is flat. Thus does NOT allow for ANY frame upgrades except for the board itself. So you wouldn't be able to use the current frame that you have. Moving to the front of the body, you'll run into the problem of not being able to use a higher flowing vertical adapter due to the AMG having it's own volume chamber (in reality it is already high flowing, but will NOT allow for vertical regulator upgrades). With that said, you wouldn't be able to tune the valve dwell UNLESS if you purchased a Madman Rocket Valve. Now, taking into consideration that you said you only have the body. You're at a disadvantage in trying to use this body. There are ways to get around a lot of what I said, but you would still be stuck with a useless body UNLESS you find all the parts you need to complete the AMG first.
ugh
Old 11-30-2012, 01:58 AM #29
rethalis

So, aired up the marker and did some minor tuning...it has some issues to say the least, will do some trouble shooting and tuning when I can make it up to the club field to get access to a chrono and scubas.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:40 AM #30
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Quote:
So, aired up the marker and did some minor tuning...it has some issues to say the least, will do some trouble shooting and tuning when I can make it up to the club field to get access to a chrono and scubas.
What issues are you having?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:34 AM #31
rethalis

Quote:
What issues are you having?
It "machine gunned" on me last night, but my air tank was low. Hoping that was the reason. Not a worn sear.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:15 AM #32
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

That could very well be the reason for it "machine gunning" but it could also be the tune you are using. We will rule out tuning until you get a fresh fill.

Just curious. What will be your primary source of air?
Old 11-30-2012, 01:26 PM #33
rethalis

Air. This marker will never see co2.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:33 PM #34
xXBloodLustACXx
The EM1 Collector

xXBloodLustACXx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If you want a cool looking body (in my opinion) try to find a Diablo Mongoose II body. Not sure about compatibility but I'd guess it would work, you should verify these things before buying new bodies though...
Old 11-30-2012, 08:17 PM #35
K_Group

has been a member for 10 years
K_Group works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
It "machine gunned" on me last night, but my air tank was low. Hoping that was the reason. Not a worn sear.
If you can't figure it out you could always give us a call. Always easier to talk with someone over the phone to figure out.

Let us know I'd you need some help.
K_Group is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:05 PM #36
rethalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Group View Post
If you can't figure it out you could always give us a call. Always easier to talk with someone over the phone to figure out.

Let us know I'd you need some help.
Cool, that's awesome cs
Old 12-10-2012, 02:03 AM #37
rethalis

So, after some tuning and more drilling, she is up and running at 285 fps, 320 psi. Did some more drilling and will mess with the spring combos to bring that down a bit. It was having trouble with breaks in the chamber. But Im pretty sure it was related to the detent

I have also converted to mechanic.al as well.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:24 PM #38
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
So, after some tuning and more drilling, she is up and running at 285 fps, 320 psi. Did some more drilling and will mess with the spring combos to bring that down a bit. It was having trouble with breaks in the chamber. But Im pretty sure it was related to the detent

Awesome! Is your consistency pretty decent? Or is it flying all over the board?
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:25 PM #39
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Quote:

What body did you end up using for your build?
Old 12-10-2012, 02:49 PM #40
rethalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblindchicken View Post
Awesome! Is your consistency pretty decent? Or is it flying all over the board?
285 Fps, plus or minus 6 fps. I expect that to go down when the reg breaks in.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:53 PM #41
rethalis

Quote:
What body did you end up using for your build?
Kept the same body, changed it to mechanical.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:58 PM #42
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Nice. What made you go to mechanical?