Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 11-23-2012, 05:18 PM #22
cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15 supports Team VICIOUS
cybermaniac15 supports Team VICIOUS
cybermaniac15 is for the Gunfight
cybermaniac15 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I played there once because I purchased the cpp membership, and I don't plan on coming back.
The refs are too strict, safty is important yes, but they could focus their attention in other places. I understand that the limit is 275, but they need to be realistic about it. If one shot is 280 you shouldn't have to turn it down, they need to learn that most guns are not that consistent.
Also watched as a guy next to me got his gun ripped out of his hand mid-game because the ref thought he was ramping. (for the record he wasn't)
The ref could of waited until after the game, or could of just payed closer attention and realized that he wasn't.

One time I was sent onto a beginner game by a ref because I was using a pump and had been waiting a while, then another ref threatened to kick me out of the park for "sneaking" onto the game.

The hyperball field is poorly maintained, and full of potholes.
Everything could also be organized a little better, I hardly got to play when I was there from 10-3. I got to play 1 round on a rec field, and 2 or 3 rounds on the hyperball field.

There are some reasons on why I don't play at my CLOSEST field.
cybermaniac15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2012, 06:13 PM #23
bigbthebenji
Purveyor of Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
bigbthebenji is an NCPA player
bigbthebenji has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
bigbthebenji is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
bigbthebenji is Legendary
bigbthebenji is Boss
Have a little more respect for the players who actually play at your fields and send people there. I personally have brought 100+ new players into the sport over the years and have played at many fields. I haven't always trashed your parks. In fact, I think CPP and Giant Victorville are pretty awesome parts with great games and great refs. HSP on the other hand, which is what this thread is about, is NOT a good field. The fact that it has such a good location makes it even worse. I mean, I drive close to an hour to get to CPP when I could go to HSP in 30.

This is not just my opinion. I mean damn, have you seen the posts on this thread? We aren't just some shmucks posting with no experience. Most of us have played regularly or been sponsored by HSP at some point. I played there sponsored for more than a year, so I know what it is capable of. I am talking about airball fields that have bunkers filled with... get this... AIR. The last 5+ times I've been there the bunkers have been deflated, leaking, etc. How about some reffs who have played paintball before? You avoided the reffing issue by saying you invest a lot of $ into your fields, but I do remember my old team owner dislocating his knee on the destroyed/uneven turf on the airball field. He was carted out in an ambulance. It is obvious your reffs have little to no reffing experience. If empire isn't producing good paint, go with someone else then or make it byop, but don't force us to pay a premium for sub-par paint and then blame it on them.

Honestly, I have no hard feelings about it. I am sure you and your pops make a ton of money catering to the people who play once or twice a year and only know about HSP. There is nothing wrong with that. Your dad is a business man and he is allowed to make money. But don't go parade HSP around like it is a field that is still relevant to those who actually know paintball and then claim bias when we say it isn't. There is no bias. No one here has anything to gain from "bashing" HSP. In fact, we remember the HSP glory days and want them back!

There have been several suggestions as to how you can make HSP good again. Better refs, better paint, nice fields, etc. If you do this, I'll have no problem playing there again. Note that you lose nothing from me not liking HSP, as I still patron your other locations and send many people to those other locations. It would be nice to have a good location closer though.

I tried to make this as flame-less and constructive as I could. I hope you don't take it the wrong way and realize that we are all pballers and want as strong a pball industry as possible, and know that your Dad has made this in essense possible and we appreciate that.

Last edited by bigbthebenji : 11-23-2012 at 06:30 PM.
bigbthebenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:46 AM #24
Spydo
I thought you knew

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear#10 View Post
hahaha!!!

Sorry guys started this thread, and just have not had time to reply to you guys!

anyone else who has issues with our parks including Hollywood Sports its perfectly fine to let me know or post it in this thread, or do what you feel is needed.

I made this thread just so what ever players are on PBN that play at our parks can provide feedback negative or positive so we can hear them.

as far you the negative feedback i have read in this thread from Bigthebenji you have always trashed our parks online so please if you dont like the locations and our services dont play here. As for as our staff and reffs, we try are hardest to provide quality games and fields, we invest more money into building just a single field then most paintball parks combined, and we pride ourselves on trying to deliver the best possible field to our players.

I HAVE SAID THIS SO MANY TIMES ITS unbelievable you guys do not understand this, WE GET OUR PAINT FROM KEE ACTION SPORTS aka EMPIRE PAINTBALL.. THEY MAKE ARE PAINT, from our SC EVIL to our Giant Paintballs. IF THE PAINT IS BAD ITS THEIR FAULT NOT OURS, we have no control over quality. we try to make sure to the best of our abilities its good, but we have no control, SO PLEASE write kee a letter saying make Giant Sportz better paintballs if you would like, but we cant control that.

if you would like to continue to state the negatives please do it does not bother me, i have grown up in this sport, and still play at a professional level, i have been around the world and can honestly say we still have the best ran and looking parks in the world. But to state the purpose of this thread was simply to allow hollywood sports customers that are on PBN to talk about games, events, and specials at the park and link up to play them together!

Thanks for all your support though, and thanks for the positive and negative feedback we take it all into consideration regardless of how bias it is!
bear
Great job on your customer service right there Bear .... Check out the link below, it may help you next time you try to start a marketing campaign on a forum

But on a serious note, please try to address the lighting on the hyperball field and do walkthroughs on it...a stake in the ground by the carwash almost f'ed up my arm this past week... I tried removing it up but it's lodged in there deep.

http://http://www.georgescifo.com/2011/09/10-tips-for-a-better-forum-marketing-strategy/
Spydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:48 PM #25
mike_paintball

mike_paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
you have the ability to chose your supplier of paint, so in what way do you not have control over quality? Benji hit everything spot on last post, i visit sc on a weekly basis and love it there. you guys have 3 fully turfed areas when in reality only one of them gets bunkers on it. grab that **** level out the hyperball field and throw it down! seriously. i personally know about 25 people who would play at your field if you guys catered SLIGHTLY to people who actually play paintball. I MISS THE GLORY DAYS!!!! let me try to get it to you this way
#bringitback #SPEEDBALL
mike_paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:26 PM #26
MannyFresh7PB

Bring back speedball bear#10 and BYOP days. And you will win a lot of LA and OC ballers.
MannyFresh7PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:22 PM #27
bigbrew44
Blast Master

So let me see if I have this right...
We can't bring our own paint, we have to pay filet mignon prices for spam quality product, the paint says "Giant" on it, it's only 1600 rounds, but it's OUR responsibility to make it better? Is that about right?
So, if I go to a restaurant, get charged up the wazoo for a steak, and the steak comes out terrible, I'm supposed to go to the slaughterhouse to complain? No. The responsibility is YOURS not ours. If your supplier doesn't sell quality paint, get another supplier. This isn't a new problem. This has been going on for years. Years.

Now it seems to me, that if fixing a field and getting better paint is what almost everyone wants this park to do, then it would make sense to do so. It's a simple solution to a simple problem.

There is no prize for being stupid. Please stop competing.
bigbrew44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:59 PM #28
Blacc Dragon
Deadbox Savant

Annual Supporting Member
Blacc Dragon donated to help Peyton Trent
Blacc Dragon helped look for balloons
Blacc Dragon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Blacc Dragon supports Team VICIOUS
Blacc Dragon posts videos on PbNation
Blacc Dragon plays in the APPA beginner division
Blacc Dragon is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrew44 View Post
So let me see if I have this right...
We can't bring our own paint, we have to pay filet mignon prices for spam quality product, the paint says "Giant" on it, it's only 1600 rounds, but it's OUR responsibility to make it better? Is that about right?
So, if I go to a restaurant, get charged up the wazoo for a steak, and the steak comes out terrible, I'm supposed to go to the slaughterhouse to complain? No. The responsibility is YOURS not ours. If your supplier doesn't sell quality paint, get another supplier. This isn't a new problem. This has been going on for years. Years.

Now it seems to me, that if fixing a field and getting better paint is what almost everyone wants this park to do, then it would make sense to do so. It's a simple solution to a simple problem.
But, it's also simple people in charge of making things right. They don't see any reason to change what is working for them personally. They don't want to make their park better, Bear just thought that a thread like this would be filled by all of the HK zombies singing it's praises & ending all of their posts with #YOLO.

I can see Bear now, sitting in front of his computer yelling "HHHHHH!!!!!!!!", wondering why it won't make all the mean people go away.
Blacc Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:13 AM #29
bigbrew44
Blast Master

^^^lol

The problem is, how many times can you say the same thing to somebody before they actually hear it? How many times can you talk about the airball field, the terrible paint, the refs and the turnaround times before they fix it. Any of it!
I know people who used to go there and let me play for free. I still didn't go anymore. It just wasn't worth it.
The best part is where he claims "bias". I guess nowadays, when you tell someone they aren't the ****, you're either biased or a "hater".

Old 11-25-2012, 01:59 AM #30
MFgrimm

I get the fact that the paint comes from Kee, however storing your paint is the issue. The actual issue with paint is that it is in direct sunlight in that hot box of a registering office. You have paint that has been sitting there for months.

Fortunately, people neglect to understand that you don't have to accept the paint given to you. Inspect it, and if it is not to your satisfaction, tell them that you would like a different batch. No different than that of a paintball store.

For the most part, HSP paintball aspect has been neglected in favor of Airsoft. If you want constructive criticism and want to legitimately cater to us within means and reason : give us a proper speedball field (get rid of that 'hyper ball field'), fix the existing fields (torn up tarp, busted props, pot holes etc.), fix the rest areas (fix the lockers, more tables).

The ref issue is a whole bigger issue...however you do have a few good ones, give Chili a raise or something, that guy is a solid ref.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:03 PM #31
bigbrew44
Blast Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFgrimm View Post

The ref issue is a whole bigger issue...however you do have a few good ones, give Chili a raise or something, that guy is a solid ref.
This man speaks the truth.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:33 PM #32
562Paintball

562Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
562Paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
562Paintball has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
562Paintball supports Empire
New Lockers, An Airball Field, and More affordable paint to use at the park.

LA Reckless
Proudly Sponsored By:
PaintballGateway.com PB Lyfe
562Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:26 AM #33
krazykitty22
Beautiful ain't it?

krazykitty22 is attending Decay of Nations VI
krazykitty22 is attending Decay of Nations VII
if you just added BYOP i would be there instead of sc
Tipx

https://www.youtube.com/user/krazykitty22
krazykitty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:05 AM #34
DougMac409

BYOP. problem solved.

LAH
DougMac409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:50 PM #35
bongbro

bongbro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
byop and you got to get two speedball fields giong
bongbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:28 AM #36
mike_paintball

mike_paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
not even byop, just get a damn turf field and im there. i hit up the park monday night and played hyperball. half the field was lit the other half was pitch black. BUT i actually got a 4k fill on my tank i was VERY impressed. i remembered only getting like 2.5k every time before
mike_paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:33 PM #37
bongbro

bongbro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
yeah they have given me a good 4.3k fill when i went
usually at sc i get 3.5k or less never over 4k. still better than playing hsp any day
bongbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:24 PM #38
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
YIKES!!!!

I'm gonna be in SoCal next spring with a few friends and we decided we'd check out HSP and SC while out there. I see yalls are chewing HSP to bits though.
I'm not so much concerned about airball fields as its the scenario fields that caught our attention and I can so-so deal with bad refs. Biggest annoyance with that is having to deal with lazy ones who are non-present during the games or slow to start new ones. But the biggest thing that caught my attention is "theft in the parking lot". Is it really that bad?

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:32 PM #39
bigbrew44
Blast Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
YIKES!!!!

I'm gonna be in SoCal next spring with a few friends and we decided we'd check out HSP and SC while out there. I see yalls are chewing HSP to bits though.
I'm not so much concerned about airball fields as its the scenario fields that caught our attention and I can so-so deal with bad refs. Biggest annoyance with that is having to deal with lazy ones who are non-present during the games or slow to start new ones. But the biggest thing that caught my attention is "theft in the parking lot". Is it really that bad?
You will have fun at SC no doubt. However, if you're into playing the rec fields at HSP, get ready for LONG wait times and non-existent reffing. At least that's the experience I've always had. As far as theft goes, I don't bring anything I can't take with me so it's not an issue for me. But, I've heard some horror stories...

Last edited by bigbrew44 : 11-30-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:59 PM #40
JBussard

JBussard plays in the PSP
JBussard is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear#10 View Post
hahaha!!!

Sorry guys started this thread, and just have not had time to reply to you guys!

anyone else who has issues with our parks including Hollywood Sports its perfectly fine to let me know or post it in this thread, or do what you feel is needed.

I made this thread just so what ever players are on PBN that play at our parks can provide feedback negative or positive so we can hear them.

as far you the negative feedback i have read in this thread from Bigthebenji you have always trashed our parks online so please if you dont like the locations and our services dont play here. As for as our staff and reffs, we try are hardest to provide quality games and fields, we invest more money into building just a single field then most paintball parks combined, and we pride ourselves on trying to deliver the best possible field to our players.

I HAVE SAID THIS SO MANY TIMES ITS unbelievable you guys do not understand this, WE GET OUR PAINT FROM KEE ACTION SPORTS aka EMPIRE PAINTBALL.. THEY MAKE ARE PAINT, from our SC EVIL to our Giant Paintballs. IF THE PAINT IS BAD ITS THEIR FAULT NOT OURS, we have no control over quality. we try to make sure to the best of our abilities its good, but we have no control, SO PLEASE write kee a letter saying make Giant Sportz better paintballs if you would like, but we cant control that.

if you would like to continue to state the negatives please do it does not bother me, i have grown up in this sport, and still play at a professional level, i have been around the world and can honestly say we still have the best ran and looking parks in the world. But to state the purpose of this thread was simply to allow hollywood sports customers that are on PBN to talk about games, events, and specials at the park and link up to play them together!

Thanks for all your support though, and thanks for the positive and negative feedback we take it all into consideration regardless of how bias it is!
bear

Your grammar aside, I feel I have to reply to this. Just a forewarning, this review is going to be all over the place. I'm not exactly writing this in order; just writing what comes to mind. I'm not saying this review is from recent days.I haven't played at HSP since all of this happened. When your parks opened, they were the best parks ran and best looking parks in the world. I mean, heck, you had helicopters! Your staff was there to bring people into the sport of paintball and they liked what they did. But after years of no maintenance, your staff losing interest in their passion, and the simple negligence of management, the parks are nowhere near what they used to be. Customer service is a joke. (From MY personal experience) If you have a problem, all of your park's staff won't even give you a tissue for your tears. Now granted, there are some exceptional people who work for Giant in all levels of management, but they are way on the wrong side of common.

Also, look at what pbnation thinks about HSP, SC, and Giant as a whole. It's not like these issues have changed. Your customers all want the same thing. BYOP, customer service, turf, lights, clean fields, etc.

The fact that people need to be buying perfect KEE paint for $50 a case is fine. But how about buying KEE paint that has been sitting for 2 months? I actually asked one of your workers how long a case of paint normally stays at HSP. She said it was too long for her to remember. Red flag coming up on that one. But here's a solution. Next time you have a special "Look at us we're Giant Sports! We're Awesome!!" days, have a fire sale of ALL of your paint. Get rid of it for $15 a case. Just get rid of it! Then on your following week, start over with just 3 pallets of KEE. Yes, 3. If you don't have enough, oh well. Use it as a basis for how much you should order at one time. You'll probably take a hit because you won't be getting a discount for buying a Walmart worth of paint the first day, but it'll be worth it down the road.

Countless people have complaints about your techs breaking their guns, refs who can't set up a field, or receptionists who won't give a refund after 2 hours and no walk-on games. If you need sources from me, they're available. Many of these people have posted on pbnation to discuss with others who have the same feeling or to get some sort of reconciliation. Management, mainly Nicole or some other big names like to comment on some of the big threads, like a gun being permanently broken, like in my case. Just like in this thread, I didn't feel like you were on my side. The only thing I and I'm sure plenty of other people are getting from Giant management's posts are this: "You're not necessarily stupid. We're just better than you in every way and if you have a problem with that, oh well. We're the biggest and best company in the business." Again I have sources. One of them is in the fifth and sixth paragraph of your post, Bear. But again, there's a solution for all of your customer service problems that doesn't even result in firing. Take a leadership seminar. In fact, send ALL of your managers and employees to leadership and sales seminars. I promise you that your complaints will come down, maybe even disappear.

Turf, lights, and clean fields kinda all land in the same place. I don't need to explain this to you because they are straight forward, easily fixable, and just neglected. DROP THE CASH! My estimates might be off a tad, but you get the picture. $15,000 for new high-end turf, $3000 for lights, and $35,000 on a payment plan to clean your fields. There are new bunkers on some of your fields because paint as coagulated over 65 million years to make them. Just clean it up. Obviously there's overhead, but we all know that the Giant paintball parks see more revenue in one weekend than all of the other fields in Southern California see in a month. Yet the other fields can still buy new turf. This solution is simple. Just get with the program.

The last time I had written a post this long, I got a pm back from Giant management. I could care less if I do or not. This message will probably be overlooked anyway. Normally when threads are this long full of complaints, a company will just look at each post, skip the complaints, read the compliments, and then get happy that they found 1 in 50 people like the product (or in this case, park).

Rant done...

Last edited by JBussard : 12-01-2012 at 02:40 AM.
JBussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:05 PM #41
akilliz

akilliz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i play there and have for 2 years, infact i havent played anywhere else,i never noticed anything bad bout it, not saying its good or bad considering its the only place ive played i figured its just how scenario places were ran.

i have noticed times where games are not played for a while but i think,(im not sure just a assumption) but i think its cuz private groups jack EVERYTHING UP for the walk ons. 3 private groups or mor at one time can cause alot of prolems considering there are 4 main fields.Its a problem. Other times i walk out and barely have time to grab a smoke or clean mu mask or whatever befor they start lineups agan

i heard they replaced alot of the refs, not saying they are good or bad, i never really pay to much attention to them, but i do know they seem to be more strict and vocal on the field and crack down pretty good on their new auto surrender within ten feet rule, which i think blows.... last few times i went there it was always mixed a and b, not sure if there wasnt ehough a's or whatever but they were all over that rule, anyone know if they still do that surrender rule in games where they have enough a's to get a good game?

youtube.com/vagblasterxl
akilliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:08 AM #42
soaggbrah

soaggbrah owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soaggbrah has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
soaggbrah has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This thread and most of the concerns are just byop and put down some freakin turf and a decent field. It's not hard.....I'm sure the scenario is still awesome for the rec players that don't take it as serious but I mean c'mon, it really shows no player consideration when way lower budget fields like warped and the ranch put down AMAZING turf but a place like giant which at least grosses hundreds of thousands each weekend just don't care, instead of making YouTube videos of yourself actually care about the park first bear. #needturf #byop #supair if you didn't understand the rest.