Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-27-2012, 10:48 PM #1
die.another.day

Prefrences

Any one out there prefer the peanut or stub tanks?? Ive heard people like the extra length on the Ninja grey ghost. Im really liking the 50 45 Ninja.

Personal preferences and reccomendations?
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2012, 07:16 AM #2
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
It really depends on what is comfortable for you. I am 6' talk with long arms...an older 68/4500 is fine for me...I have run guns with a 90/4500 and been comfortable as well. I have a 50/4500 and the only time I use it is when I am using my empire sniper...small compact setup to shoot and move....it's really up to you. You also need to take into consideration the efficiency of your marker as well...the 45 and 50's would obviously need to be filled more depending on how you play.

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:17 AM #3
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D3 division
I never understood why tank companies made stubby tanks but I guess they sell so that's were the money is. Unless you are tiny or a younger player a stubby tank is the worst thing you can do for your game. There is no such thing as a tight or compact setup. There is one length that is best for each person. Talk to any pro and look at any of there setups. All have 68s with the asa all the way back or use a reg extender. The end of the tank should fall in the bend of your arm. If it doesn't have fun trying to keep your gun stable while running and shooting, snapping, laning, etc.

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:46 AM #4
bronze
copper alloy

bronze donated to help Peyton Trent
With plenty of gun companys making macrolineless guns, they make the asa non adjustable. So longer tanks are needed for most people. Ninja 77 solves this. If not a long 70 ci, or older 68 is ideal.

For me I always went with a older 68 crossfire tanks,from 2004. And i'm 6'4
Old 11-28-2012, 03:08 PM #5
die.another.day

Thank everyone. Im gonna try this 50 i got. If all u guys r right then i think ill go with they grey ghost
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:10 AM #6
Dingodile

Dingodile has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Dingodile has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Good luck.
Dingodile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:03 PM #7
JL1988

JL1988 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx18 View Post
I never understood why tank companies made stubby tanks but I guess they sell so that's were the money is. Unless you are tiny or a younger player a stubby tank is the worst thing you can do for your game. There is no such thing as a tight or compact setup. There is one length that is best for each person. Talk to any pro and look at any of there setups. All have 68s with the asa all the way back or use a reg extender. The end of the tank should fall in the bend of your arm. If it doesn't have fun trying to keep your gun stable while running and shooting, snapping, laning, etc.
I agree with the issue of running and gunning. I have an old style 68/45 and love it. It offers the right amount of stability. I have held others guns with 45/45 and just did the motion of running and gunning and I could not get any stability. The gun is too close to my body..
JL1988 is offline   Reply With Quote