Community Focus

Old 11-30-2012, 11:26 AM #1
Sammy417
Vitamin

Sammy417 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Sammy417 plays in the APPA D5 division
Sammy417 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Modding my halo v35

Want to put 2x 9v in it but curious if it could handle it. Anyone ever done it and do u think it's a good idea ? Or is there anything else I should do to it.
Sammy417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2012, 01:31 PM #2
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
It's explained in here.. Along with several other modifications.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1599125
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:32 PM #3
CA_Tectonics

This ^^^ - I was just about to do the same thing - so I'll take it 1 step further:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_dogg2021 View Post

--------------DUAL 9V BATTERY MOD-------------

Yes this is how the mod gos together so don't ask why do I connect the reds to the black and vise verse. If you do it as I tell you then there wont be any issues.

This is a very easy mod to so its very hard to screw up.

There has been some cases where this mod has fryed a board but I have had nothing wrong so far. I don't know what the dude did to this mod to fry his board all I know is he did. If you fallow the instructions as I made them then you shouldn't have any issues with this mod.

--------------Parts you need--------------
- Three 9v connectors (radio shack $5 for 5)
- Heat shrink (radio shack or just use electrical tape)
- solder iron (maybe but if your don't know how to then just skip this)

Cut the heat shrink into two 1 1/2" pieces. Slip the 1 1/2" heat shrinks on one of the connectors. wire up the the connectors like so\/ making sure that the top one has the heat shrink on it.

Solder the connections together. Slip the heat shrink over the newly solder connections. Use your soldering iron and heat up the heat shrink so it gets smaller. DONE!

The other way to do this is just twist the wires together and tape them up but this is the cheap and easy way and most of the time it will come undone.

Test this in your halo to see if you have done a good job if it works then you are good if it doesn't then redo the mod.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:36 PM #4
CA_Tectonics

On another note, it has been said multiple times that the 6AA batteries in a Halo actually last longer than the 9V set-up. Just more food for thought.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:46 PM #5
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
I think that the two 9v batteries would allow for an overall weight reduction, but will not last as long as the original 6AA batteries.

If you used rechargeable 9v with a higher amperage (in excess of 1000mA), this may allow for the lighter setup as well as having the batteries last for a longer period of time.

But, the larger amperage may also cause issues (such as frying your hopper's board).
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:49 PM #6
Drayven

I bought a mod that action village used to sell, and it works awesome. 2 9v lasted me ages...like changed batteries once a year.

INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP
Drayven is online now   Reply With Quote