Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 10:06 AM #1
jscar1230
Wastn' Paint
 
jscar1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Annual Supporting Member
jscar1230 plays in the PSP
jscar1230 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jscar1230 plays in the APPA D4 division
2013 Cfoa

When do they post info for 2013 CFOA 5 man and hyperball on the website? Trying to find out what all is involved to enter teams now. Alot has changed in the past 12 years (last time I played CFOA)
jscar1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2012, 06:11 PM #2
IVIonster
Sucks to Suck.
 
IVIonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greensboro
IVIonster owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
IVIonster owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
IVIonster supports Team VICIOUS
IVIonster plays in the APPA D4 division
IVIonster has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscar1230 View Post
When do they post info for 2013 CFOA 5 man and hyperball on the website? Trying to find out what all is involved to enter teams now. Alot has changed in the past 12 years (last time I played CFOA)
Im not sure what you are asking

BUT Welcome back.
__________________
03 Subaru Wrx
90 VW Corrado


EGO10 F/S/T
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post80144946
IVIonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:52 PM #3
surfside
 
 
surfside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
You will most likely see the 2013 tournament schedule in January/February. They use APPA to register teams for each tournament and pay entry fees. If you don't already have an APPA# then you'll want to go ahead and get that taken care of (http://www.paintball-players.org/).
surfside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:28 PM #4
Mr. Bishi
Get at ya boiiiiii!
 
Mr. Bishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Concord
Mr. Bishi plays in the PSP
Mr. Bishi owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Mr. Bishi supports Team VICIOUS
Mr. Bishi plays in the APPA D3 division
Mr. Bishi has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfside View Post
You will most likely see the 2013 tournament schedule in January/February. They use APPA to register teams for each tournament and pay entry fees. If you don't already have an APPA# then you'll want to go ahead and get that taken care of (http://www.paintball-players.org/).
This.

And you will need to get an ID made, which they will do at the first event.
__________________
VooDooKings
Scenario Paintball Team

Border Patrol #68
MMPhotography
Mr. Bishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:01 PM #5
simple_condolences
Zach Traylor
 
simple_condolences's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Charleston, SC
simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D4 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yep. Surfside covered it pretty well. Most the information won't be up for a bit. Actually, it is usually not put up until AFTER PSP and NPPL release their schedules so as to avoid conflicting with those dates and events. Late January to Early February is when you can start to expect information to be available. To my knowledge, there isn't a lot changing this season outside of D3 filling in a little better. Xball may be considered. There will be a captains/affiliates meeting at some point in time(I believe) where teams/representatives will meet to consider the coming season and what changes need to be made/where to take the CFOA next season. Could be wrong about that though I know CFOA takes players thoughts and concerns seriously. Who knows. We'll find out soon enough. First event isn't until about March anyways.

The stuff you can expect though:

15 Jan-15 Feb: 2013 Schedule Released
Feb 15-Mar10: Referee Clinic / limited team open practice(train up new refs some)
(look out for this! $70-75 gets you air/entry/case of paint AND your CFOA ID for the 2013 season
!)
Mar 10-Apr: first event(If memory serves me correctly)

I also assume prices per event will remain the same so:

Tiered entry:
3 weeks prior - $485
2 weeks prior - $510
1 weeks prior - $550

Paint runs $40/$50/$60 in respect to increasing paint grade.
First place prize is generally entry to next event and medals/trophies.
Id's are $40 at the event, $35 online. Get your ID WAY ahead of time to avoid the awful lines at the trailer the morning of the first event. Matter of fact, for those teams who go to the ref clinic, it might be worthwhile buying your 2013 id before then and trying to get them to bring it to the clinic and let you pick it up there. Just a thought.

Last edited by simple_condolences : 11-29-2012 at 08:04 PM.
simple_condolences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:01 PM #6
GrimReafer
 
 
GrimReafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charleston, SC
GrimReafer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
GrimReafer plays in the APPA D4 division
Keep an eye out before the start of the season. They do a CFOA scrimmage to train/certify/recertify the refs. Its like $70 gets air/entry, CFOA ID, and a case of paint. Great deal. Only take like 12 teams or so though.
__________________
GLK
Chive On from Charleston, SC
CFOA/PSP Referee
2011 CFOA D5 Champions
2014 CFOA D4 Palmetto Open - 1st Place
Paintball Charleston - CFOA - RAZA - theChive
GrimReafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:39 AM #7
jscar1230
Wastn' Paint
 
jscar1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Annual Supporting Member
jscar1230 plays in the PSP
jscar1230 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jscar1230 plays in the APPA D4 division
Perfect. Thats what I was looking for. I'll keep an eye out.
jscar1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 AM #8
grback
PBA stats
 
grback's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NC
grback owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfside View Post
You will most likely see the 2013 tournament schedule in January/February. They use APPA to register teams for each tournament and pay entry fees. If you don't already have an APPA# then you'll want to go ahead and get that taken care of (http://www.paintball-players.org/).

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple_condolences View Post
Yep. Surfside covered it pretty well. Most the information won't be up for a bit. Actually, it is usually not put up until AFTER PSP and NPPL release their schedules so as to avoid conflicting with those dates and events. Late January to Early February is when you can start to expect information to be available. To my knowledge, there isn't a lot changing this season outside of D3 filling in a little better. Xball may be considered. There will be a captains/affiliates meeting at some point in time(I believe) where teams/representatives will meet to consider the coming season and what changes need to be made/where to take the CFOA next season. Could be wrong about that though I know CFOA takes players thoughts and concerns seriously. Who knows. We'll find out soon enough. First event isn't until about March anyways.

The stuff you can expect though:

15 Jan-15 Feb: 2013 Schedule Released
Feb 15-Mar10: Referee Clinic / limited team open practice(train up new refs some)
(look out for this! $70-75 gets you air/entry/case of paint AND your CFOA ID for the 2013 season
!)
Mar 10-Apr: first event(If memory serves me correctly)

I also assume prices per event will remain the same so:

Tiered entry:
3 weeks prior - $485
2 weeks prior - $510
1 weeks prior - $550

Paint runs $40/$50/$60 in respect to increasing paint grade.
First place prize is generally entry to next event and medals/trophies.
Id's are $40 at the event, $35 online. Get your ID WAY ahead of time to avoid the awful lines at the trailer the morning of the first event. Matter of fact, for those teams who go to the ref clinic, it might be worthwhile buying your 2013 id before then and trying to get them to bring it to the clinic and let you pick it up there. Just a thought.
grback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:21 AM #9
NuNuNewsome
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
NuNuNewsome plays in the APPA D4 division
NuNuNewsome supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfside View Post
You will most likely see the 2013 tournament schedule in January/February. They use APPA to register teams for each tournament and pay entry fees. If you don't already have an APPA# then you'll want to go ahead and get that taken care of (http://www.paintball-players.org/).

was hoping to get the 13 schedule posted as a Christmas present
NuNuNewsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:46 PM #10
pbkillaz345
 
 
pbkillaz345's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WINSTN-SLM
pbkillaz345 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbkillaz345 supports Team VICIOUS
I feel that someone should mention that hyperball is no longer a relevant tournament format, its all air-ball, and its only 5man now.

Welcome back
__________________
H
pbkillaz345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:26 PM #11
Borg_
 
 
Borg_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkillaz345 View Post
I feel that someone should mention that hyperball is no longer a relevant tournament format, its all air-ball, and its only 5man now.

Welcome back
I vote that pbkillaz345 should be the one to mention that hyperball is no longer a relevant tournament format.

CFOA schedule will hopefully be posted any day now.
__________________
Old Feedback
Borg_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:28 PM #12
simple_condolences
Zach Traylor
 
simple_condolences's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Charleston, SC
simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D4 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkillaz345 View Post
I feel that someone should mention that hyperball is no longer a relevant tournament format, its all air-ball, and its only 5man now.

Welcome back
I feel like someone needs to open another field with two airball fields for us to compete on then. A lot of people seemed to enjoy the hyperball. Some didn't. It adds a new old element to the game and is nice to mix it up a bit. Besides, its called "Homecoming" for a reason. "Grassroots Open" might be appropriate as well. From what I've seen, teams that have struggled all season have often been able to pull out their wins on the hyperball field and advance into the next round after winning 1 or 2 of their matches on the airball field.

tl;dr. I don't see hyperball going anywhere.
simple_condolences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:56 PM #13
Bump_Pitch
 
 
Bump_Pitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Carolina
Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg_ View Post

I vote that pbkillaz345 should be the one to mention that hyperball is no longer a relevant tournament format.

CFOA schedule will hopefully be posted any day now.
I'm dying for the schedule
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:41 PM #14
grback
PBA stats
 
grback's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NC
grback owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump_Pitch View Post
I'm dying for the schedule
soon !!
grback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:39 PM #15
Pr1m0
Givin' um the Switch
 
Pr1m0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: TN
Annual Supporting Member
Pr1m0 plays in the PSP
Pr1m0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Pr1m0 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple_condolences View Post
I feel like someone needs to open another field with two airball fields for us to compete on then. A lot of people seemed to enjoy the hyperball. Some didn't. It adds a new old element to the game and is nice to mix it up a bit. Besides, its called "Homecoming" for a reason. "Grassroots Open" might be appropriate as well. From what I've seen, teams that have struggled all season have often been able to pull out their wins on the hyperball field and advance into the next round after winning 1 or 2 of their matches on the airball field.

tl;dr. I don't see hyperball going anywhere.
We are working on it.

DATES PLOX
__________________
RuthlessPB.com
DLX.

Has Anyone Seen My Nods?
Probably the only Active SF guy still competing in Paintball -__-
Pr1m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:53 PM #16
demented pumper
AKA Superman
 
demented pumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: DI,SC
any info on pump stuff trying to put a couple teams together to go play
__________________
For sale/trade:MAGS and MAG PARTS
AUTOMAG PAWNSHOP

feebackhttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post18738514
AO-Captian pinky
pbc- superman
mcb- superman
demented pumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:24 PM #17
EgoOwner147
You down with CPPP?
 
EgoOwner147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Evington, VA
EgoOwner147 supports Team VICIOUS
EgoOwner147 plays in the APPA D4 division
EgoOwner147 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by demented pumper View Post
any info on pump stuff trying to put a couple teams together to go play
this too! i'm hoping they decide to hold pump every other event in hopes of bigger turnouts this season..had it no been for glk putting three teams in at black river that tournament never would have happened..not to mention they played every event with disorderly conduct as well (probably the only reason it stayed alive this season)

TOC for pump? i think yes
__________________
Too many Urkels on your team, that's why your Winslow

If someone leaves you feedback, stop being lazy and do the same
EgoOwner147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 PM #18
demented pumper
AKA Superman
 
demented pumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: DI,SC
if it doesnt happen maybe we can talk a local field into holding one monthly
__________________
For sale/trade:MAGS and MAG PARTS
AUTOMAG PAWNSHOP

feebackhttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post18738514
AO-Captian pinky
pbc- superman
mcb- superman
demented pumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 PM #19
NuNuNewsome
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
NuNuNewsome plays in the APPA D4 division
NuNuNewsome supports DLX Technology
I even plan on playing some pump events if they hold them
NuNuNewsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump